Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: "Vastator Unit Style 1.3". A more unit variety type mod. 1.3 RELEASED!

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.1". A more unit variety type mod. UPDATED TO 1.1!!

The next version will have really cool new monks, alongside some new changes to ikko ikki (for example, their ashigaru will be look as a mixture of monks/peasants)

Here are some screens

Naginata warrior monks
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Marathon warrior monks

Naginata Cavalry Warrior Monks

Bow Warrior Monks

Warrior Monks Hero

Ikko Ikki Ashigaru

Misc

Thanks for watching
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.1". A more unit variety type mod. NEW MONKS PREVIEW!

Love it! Any idea when you will release? If you say "when it's done," I will hurl myself head first off a building.

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.1". A more unit variety type mod. NEW MONKS PREVIEW!

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post
    Love it! Any idea when you will release? If you say "when it's done," I will hurl myself head first off a building.

This is not the right question, the right question is: have you done the good boy this year?

Seriously: work on monks is almost done, i have to do some changes to other units here and there; next 3-4 days i'll be quite busy with university and i can't do very much. So as soon as i can.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Great news! Good luck with school. I'm off until January 14th, then back to the books.

man, those screeeennnnsss daemn!

Btw do you use any recolour of clan mods ? I was searchign for a proper caln recolour mod which makes thei kko ikki warriors wear white colour, atm im using radious recolour, but im nto fully satisfied with the colours so do your ikko use a soem sort of recolour mod in those screens ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelis View Post
    man, those screeeennnnsss daemn!

Btw do you use any recolour of clan mods ? I was searchign for a proper caln recolour mod which makes thei kko ikki warriors wear white colour, atm im using radious recolour, but im nto fully satisfied with the colours so do your ikko use a soem sort of recolour mod in those screens ?
    Yes, Demokritos' ACC
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=443949

As i wrote on that thread, currently my mod it's not 100% compatible with it. Next version will be!

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Questo è epico! +rep =D

PS what about samurais?

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

nice , can't wait for new samurai look !!

There will be not big changes to standard samurai in the next version, small changes in order to make them look a bit different with each others (for example since in the stats naginata samurai have 9 armour, and yari/katana only 5, the will look a bit "heavier").
    Some ugly Hero units will have a new look though.

Great! =)

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Really nice work with everything so far

Did you consider the RotS monk heads for more variety? There's some good baldies in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu Paifuaa View Post
    Really nice work with everything so far

Did you consider the RotS monk heads for more variety? There's some good baldies in there.
    Thank you very much sir .
    It doesn't seem so (baldies look almost the same), but i have created 8-9 new monk heads (each unit will have max 4 head variations though).
    I personally don't like the Gempei monk heads, since one seems a baby alien, and the other seems a guy who is having an hard fight in bathroom

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Yikes. I guess they gain some snarl when they're killing folks.

And here are the current monk heads

Nice work! Real heads finally ^^

OLD SIG

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Vastator,
    How about more Female Head Variety?

My UnitEditor never works...don't know why...

1>Try Using heads>female_advisor_head and heads>geisha
    2>For Variety, Make a lot more Texture for female_samurai_head_01 and female_samurai_04
    Both With and Without Makeup. Let see how Cute you can make them...
    3>Cut all texture, save The Faces and Ponytails, for campaign>cinematics_peasant_female and campaign>jogger2. Both of their face looks Western, Retexture them to Japanese Faces. Then, they as full-body campaign model can be assigned to head only.(use cinematic models only, not campaign models...they are too low on detail)

Looks like you can slap distorted faces from real photos unto them.

Look at them, They need Real Variety, don't you think?

Last edited by weirdoascensor; December 18, 2012 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Vastator,
    How about more Female Head Variety?

My UnitEditor never works...don't know why...

1>Try Using heads>female_advisor_head and heads>geisha
    2>For Variety, Make a lot more Texture for female_samurai_head_01 and female_samurai_04
    Both With and Without Makeup. Let see how Cute you can make them...
    3>Cut all texture, save The Faces and Ponytails, for campaign>cinematics_peasant_female and campaign>jogger2. Both of their face looks Western, Retexture them to Japanese Faces. Then, they as full-body campaign model can be assigned to head only.(use cinematic models only, not campaign models...they are too low on detail)

Looks like you can slap distorted faces from real photos unto them.

Look at them, They need Real Variety, don't you think?

It's not currently my top priority, since there are only 2 female units in game. Maybe i'll do something in the future, starting by removing makeups fron onna bushi.
    I'm sorry the unit editor doesn't work for you, but it doesn't offer more functions than PFM; it's useful because you can assign parts using a simple GUI (and not writing their pathname like in PFM), and because you can see the (almost) final effect without loading Shogun 2(which means 1-2 minutes wait)

JanHetman's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.1". A more unit variety type mod. UPDATED TO 1.1!!

Quote Originally Posted by =Vastator= View Post
    The next version will have really cool new monks, alongside some new changes to ikko ikki (for example, their ashigaru will be look as a mixture of monks/peasants)

Here are some screens

Naginata warrior monks

Marathon warrior monks

Naginata Cavalry Warrior Monks

Bow Warrior Monks

Warrior Monks Hero

Ikko Ikki Ashigaru

Misc

Thanks for watching
    Your new monks are my favourite mod-unit to shogun at the moment.
    They look great!
    Good luck !

Thank you very much JanHetman, some more days and you'll have them!

Some news:i found a way to make the mod compatible with ACC with no need to release a separate version!
    And here some other screen (with ACC on) showing Tetsubo hero (it's the heavier armored unit in game, with 10 of armour stats, so heavy stuff for them!), Warrior Monk Hero (i have put a Buddha image in his armor like the warrior monk of the intro), Naginata Samurai, and some Ikko Ikki on a autumn march.

JanHetman's Avatar Foederatus

Tetsubo hero is looking good.
    Is there a way to make the tetsubo metal, not wooden?

Warrior monk hero looking good, his guard is looking neutral ( I think it would be nice to make them looking like hero (officer of unit), but without great Buddha on the robe). I think they should not have good armor, but great morale and attack (maybe could them make the morale bonus to the near them beeing units?)
    Can you take the katana's from them?

Naginata samurai is ok.

Ikko ikki are looking very good, like farmers. Maybe can you make them using the spears? It is strange, that the farmer has got katana (there are no kama's and axes in this mod ).

Good luck at making this mod !