Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: "Vastator Unit Style 1.3". A more unit variety type mod. 1.3 RELEASED!

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.1". A more unit variety type mod. UPDATED TO 1.1!!

Thanks! +rep for that

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.0". A more unit variety type mod. RELEASED on Steam Workshop and here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by =Vastator= View Post
    No, now. See first page.
    The changes are not too many. During holidays maybe i'll try to do something new.

Version 1.1 changelog

• Increased ashigaru officer variation
    • Fixed ashigaru texture head glitches
    • New (more traditional) Jingasa helmets (there is also a no-circlets version)
    • Changes to ship crew look (marines, seamen and gunners)
    • Small changes for almost all Samurai units
    • Others that i forgot

As suggested by Noif i made also a no-circlets version (it erases the ashigaru circlets from their jinagasas/armors; avaiable only here on TWC), although the standard one has fewer circlets than vanilla/VUS_1.0.
    Excellent update, now I can sleep well next night. No need to see nightmare about army of ashigaru with ladybird helmets.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; December 02, 2012 at 07:15 AM.

Default Re: "Vastator Unit Style 1.1". A more unit variety type mod. UPDATED TO 1.1!!

Hi Vastator. Your mod looks great. Few questions :
    - Does your mod is compatible with Radious overhaul mod?
    - Does it edit all 3 campaign unit or only SJ one?

Thanks for reply

Quote Originally Posted by lexo1000 View Post
    Hi Vastator. Your mod looks great. Few questions :
    - Does your mod is compatible with Radious overhaul mod?
    - Does it edit all 3 campaign unit or only SJ one?

Thanks for reply
    1_ Yes
    2_ Only Shogun 2 (not FoTS or RoTS) units are changed

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

New warior monk "prototype". It's a bit different from vanilla, maybe someone will not like them. What do you think?
    PS:Still WIP.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

OMG!!
    It's AMAZING! Bravissimo! +rep (se riesco )

I see also improved samurai's helmet here

Am I right?

OLD SIG

Thanks.
    The unit you have quoted is the Yari Samurai Hero one, with the same helmets that have been present since version 1.0. In the last version (1.1) i have made small changes to the Samurai (Nagi Yari Katana), although i had not gave them too much good stuff, since i don't want them to look too similar to the "hero" version.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

ah ^^

OLD SIG

Bow Warrior Monks (the bows are not mine, are Noif's).

So great!

OLD SIG

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Vastator, the warrior monk prototype is AWESOME! If no-one else wants it, can you make a copy for me? It really gives them a completely different feel. I thought the original monks were kind of drab. But your version makes them look very badass. Thank you for your work.

Quote Originally Posted by M2TWRocks View Post
    Vastator, the warrior monk prototype is AWESOME! If no-one else wants it, can you make a copy for me? It really gives them a completely different feel. I thought the original monks were kind of drab. But your version makes them look very badass. Thank you for your work.
    Thanks for your kind words, glad you like them
    I have still to make some changes, changing others type of monks (and some Ikko-Ikki units) then i think i'll release them.

Vastator, i really love your ashigaru units and monk units, but i also equally love the Unit Variety mod by The Hedge Knight... His ashigaru are a bit more varied speaking in variety (no sleeve, more face variants, difference in armour) and seeing as his mod is kind of no longer updated maybe you could combine it with yours ? I'm sure he would permit it. If combined this would be a dream to be honest.. Please think about it, and may i suggest if it is allowed maybe you could use parts of gempei addon armour on your samurai ? For example the helmet types or shoulder pads (those which are really big) would be a nice implement, also the monks could have variants wearing the robes similar like the wako pirate (forgot the japanese name)

Quote Originally Posted by Frostelis View Post
    Vastator, i really love your ashigaru units and monk units, but i also equally love the Unit Variety mod by The Hedge Knight... His ashigaru are a bit more varied speaking in variety (no sleeve, more face variants, difference in armour) and seeing as his mod is kind of no longer updated maybe you could combine it with yours ? I'm sure he would permit it. If combined this would be a dream to be honest.. Please think about it, and may i suggest if it is allowed maybe you could use parts of gempei addon armour on your samurai ? For example the helmet types or shoulder pads (those which are really big) would be a nice implement, also the monks could have variants wearing the robes similar like the wako pirate (forgot the japanese name)
    The Hedge Knight did a wonderful work, unfortunately it has not be updated since the last version, and afterwards CA releases many new units, so people who want to use it have to face some incompleteness issues .
    Though its work is very good, i personally don't like some of its choices, for example the ashigaru that have bare body directly in contact with armour (and i think that it's not so historical accurate). Sure my work can be improved, for example trough more head variation as you suggested, or through other new ways. When i'll have time i will do something about it. Unfortunately now i don't have so much time and i'm focusing on the new monks (that are quite different from vanilla).
    About using some gempei armor... i don't know,since i don't want to risk a ban for my mod (since the new units with gempei armor would be used also by whom has not purchased the DLC...).
    Thank you very much for your suggestions,

Quote Originally Posted by =Vastator= View Post
    The Hedge Knight did a wonderful work, unfortunately it has not be updated since the last version, and afterwards CA releases many new units, so people who want to use it have to face some incompleteness issues .
    Though its work is very good, i personally don't like some of its choices, for example the ashigaru that have bare body directly in contact with armour (and i think that it's not so historical accurate). Sure my work can be improved, for example trough more head variation as you suggested, or through other new ways. When i'll have time i will do something about it. Unfortunately now i don't have so much time and i'm focusing on the new monks (that are quite different from vanilla).
    About using some gempei armor... i don't know,since i don't want to risk a ban for my mod (since the new units with gempei armor would be used also by whom has not purchased the DLC...).
    Thank you very much for your suggestions,
    Yeah, I'd like to put my two cents in here. I prefer your mod over Hedge Knights for the same reasons you listed. I chose not to use his, because it was a little too much for my taste. No disrespect the the Hedge Knight at all...just didn't suit me.

On a side note, I'm really eager to get my hands on those new monks, Vastator.

i guess u're right in a way still, more variety is always welcome, right now im sticking to hedge knight's mod for now, but we'll see, ill probably gonna end up replacing his mod with yours, even though it would be huge shame to let go of such excellent skins and variations like his (i personally love the armour on bare body like he did )

i guess u're right in a way still, more variety is always welcome, right now im sticking to hedge knight's mod for now, but we'll see, ill probably gonna end up replacing his mod with yours, even though it would be huge shame to let go of such excellent skins and variations like his (i personally love the armour on bare body like he did )
    For some reason, that's the one thing I didn't like. Don't know if it's historical or not, but it just didn't look right to me. Fortunately both mods are available for both our tastes.

Maybe you can learn how to use PFM (the tool used for modding made by Daniu) and merge the two mods suiting your personal taste (or asking some other that can do this for you), in order to have, for example, Hedge Knight ashigaru and my other stuff together.

I doubt anybody would be wiling to take up such a job as merging these two variety mods together i will most likely give it a go myself, but i ain't computer smart so il probably gonna fail

I doubt anybody would be wiling to take up such a job as merging these two variety mods together i will most likely give it a go myself, but i ain't computer smart so il probably gonna fail
    Who knows, if what you asking it's not too long in terms of time to do maybe someone can help you.