Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: The King of Thieves [Signups closed]

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: The Legend of Zelda: The King of Thieves [Sign-ups]

So... to lazy to look around, but when does this start?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Zaccino's Avatar Senator

Presumably once our gracious host informs us, "the game has started, fine lads. I'm proud to call you my crew. Live long and prosper."

Do you need any set number for group actions, or does their chance of success just increase with each additional player?
    Signature Kidnapped by Ninjas
    Need $ 4 Karate Lessons

Zaccino's Avatar Senator

On that note, are group actions with 29 players theoretically possible? Could everyone team up to steal from/kill/tickle/screw over one person?

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Just posting for gif avy hat trick.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Double A's Avatar person man

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Also Double A / anyone else: If you have comments, you can post them here until the game thread opens.
    I know, but I can post in your thread because I'm a LM. Don't really see how other people could. Or did you mean after the game has started?

Quote Originally Posted by Treva, the Renewer View Post
    Saale mooderchod! You dirty crook! How dare you make such accusations with such foul language! I am most spammy poster Treva-ji, and I am not allowing this. Be respectful when greasing! And do things with property, or my chowkidar will be shooting you!
    You slanderous cur! You can barely be called a spammy poster when compared to the glory of ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Lуra View Post
    Just posting for gif avy hat trick.

~Lyra
    Gah?
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    I know, but I can post in your thread because I'm a LM. Don't really see how other people could. Or did you mean after the game has started?

You slanderous cur! You can barely be called a spammy poster when compared to the glory of ME!

Gah?
    Look at them avies, AA. Behold and see.

~Lyra

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Askthepizzaguy's Avatar Know the dark side
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCow64 View Post
    So, ATPG, just a few questions about the ruleset.

1) Do we know what Brave/Dastardly actions we can perform? Because I cannot see any in the action post.
    2) If someone dies, what happens to their items? More importantly, what happens to their key items?
    1) Killing will always be a dastardly action. Protecting someone from death or protecting someone else's items will always be a brave action. Stealing items or rupees will always be a neutral action. Other things like scanning will be considered neutral.

This will be added to the rules before game begins.

2) All items remain on a person when they die. You can even attempt to steal their item, and they can't protect them anymore. However, others can also attempt to steal their item, and others could even protect their item if they so wished. Rupees, however, are transferred to the "Bank" when someone dies, to be held in trust in their name (Still belong to them) and returned to them when they become alive again.

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    Do you need any set number for group actions, or does their chance of success just increase with each additional player?
    I will name the minimum number to participate in group actions soon.

Adding more players doesn't make that group any stronger, it just means an inactive person or saboteur is less likely to be the cause of the group's failure.

Strength of success, however, would increase if the action is performed on the same target by separate, functional groups. And a group action is usually more powerful than a single action.

Example: Someone is defending their rupees. Someone attempts to steal their rupees. It fails.

Someone is defending their rupees. A group attempts to steal their rupees. The defense is partially successful, (50%) but people still make off with some money.

Someone is defending their rupees. Two groups surround the hapless victim, and he's completely clobbered. 3 out of every 4 rupees stolen go to the groups in question, whereas only 1 in 4 rupees are saved by the person guarding their rupees.

Someone is defending their rupees. Three groups surround the hapless victim. He's beat senseless, and his protection does not function at all.

Example: Some group is protecting someone from death. Another group attacks him. He survives.

Two groups attack someone who is being protected once. The protection group is overwhelmed, and the target is struck. He dies.

Three groups strike someone who is being protected once. Not only is the protection group overwhelmed, and the target struck, but the protection group itself is unable to perform a protection action the next night due to "injury".
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; November 02, 2012 at 02:11 AM.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Zaccino View Post
    On that note, are group actions with 29 players theoretically possible? Could everyone team up to steal from/kill/tickle/screw over one person?
    That is possible, but grossly inefficient.

Also, I am a mischievous game host, and things of that nature might prompt fate to intercede on behalf of the victim.

If someone is stolen from from an absurd amount of people, (number not revealed here) the action could backfire. It may work, but it could backfire as well.

The Luck of the victim will come into play. And bad things will happen to the bullies in question, and something very good will happen to the victim.

You will have to wait and see, and tempt fate, to see what I mean.

now, when this game has enough players, I have another humanitarian mission for you all: maybe you will join my large mafia Academy of Magic?

It is here:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Magic-SIGN-UPS

To be honest, I would welcome even semi-active players, as this game needs some cannon fodder too.

Now, I will become pathetic: please, help me. Last time I tried to host large game, I didnt find enough players. I do not want to suffer this fate again.

1) Killing will always be a dastardly action. Protecting someone from death or protecting someone else's items will always be a brave action. Stealing items or rupees will always be a neutral action. Other things like scanning will be considered neutral.

This will be added to the rules before game begins.

2) All items remain on a person when they die. You can even attempt to steal their item, and they can't protect them anymore. However, others can also attempt to steal their item, and others could even protect their item if they so wished. Rupees, however, are transferred to the "Bank" when someone dies, to be held in trust in their name (Still belong to them) and returned to them when they become alive again.
    Awesome.

I assume that if no one manages to steal the items off the dead person before they come back to life, they get all of their items back, correct?
    YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE GLORY OF THE AUSTRALIAN EMPIRE!!!
    Ninjas! BOOM! You are dead!!!
    I like Mafia! Play it at the CFC! (And the Org)
    If you want to invite me to something I would appreciate it if you did it via my CFC one rather than this one.
    Also, if this signature is too big, tell me, then I will fix.

Civitate

I assume that if no one manages to steal the items off the dead person before they come back to life, they get all of their items back, correct?
    They'll get the unstolen items, yes.

Double A's Avatar person man

Would someone (especially Link) killing Ganondorf be considered dastardly, or an evil person protecting Ganondorf from Link be considered brave?
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Civitate

To make things simpler, in my games, there are moral absolutes.

Good actions are good even if they're protecting evil people.

Evil actions are bad even if they kill an evil dude.

IRL things get more complicated but black and white rules make for a better chessboard.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    You uneducated son of an owl! I have been doing spamming for much longer than you, and in more languages! Please be showing more respects!
    To make things simpler, in my games, there are moral absolutes.

Good actions are good even if they're protecting evil people.

Evil actions are bad even if they kill an evil dude.

IRL things get more complicated but black and white rules make for a better chessboard.
    Mwahahaha, Pizza-ji. Such moral blacks-and-whites will result in funny outcomes. I am excited.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Civitate

Here's a peek at the finalized alignment system:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post12195374

Quick question Pizza:

When the Neutrals vote to stop the game, do all the Neutrals win, or just the one with the most Rupees? If so, what's to stop the Neutrals all voting to stop the game day one, allowing eveyone to win?
    YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE GLORY OF THE AUSTRALIAN EMPIRE!!!
    Ninjas! BOOM! You are dead!!!
    I like Mafia! Play it at the CFC! (And the Org)
    If you want to invite me to something I would appreciate it if you did it via my CFC one rather than this one.
    Also, if this signature is too big, tell me, then I will fix.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCow64 View Post
    Quick question Pizza:

When the Neutrals vote to stop the game, do all the Neutrals win, or just the one with the most Rupees? If so, what's to stop the Neutrals all voting to stop the game day one, allowing eveyone to win?
    The prospect of not having any fun, and being ranked dead last.

Yes, the Neutrals win the game if they vote unanimously to end it, and they are in possession of the Key Items necessary to end the game.

Unanimously means that you can't have any absentees or abstainers. Even if you wanted to end it day one, you likely wouldn't be able to do so.

I should note, helpfully, that unless you're in possession of one of the key items, voting the game dead on day one will ensure you get ranked at the very bottom, due to the multiplier items held by people besides yourself.

Sure, you'll win a game that never got past the first round, and you'll also be in last place. What fun!

face expression of the host when his carefuly arranged game ends in such way: priceless

Civitate

I'm the one who designed the game such that the players could declare it over day one, as the "winners".

I wouldn't have put this much work into it if I didn't feel fairly confident someone in the game would like to actually have some fun.

Feel free to prove me wrong. I'll be sitting here with the victory champagne for anyone who wants it.