Thread: Sound effects tables in DBE?

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Sound effects tables in DBE?

Greetings experts,

I'm looking for what table lists which sound effects correspond to which units. Does anyone know where that information is? It is not apparent looking through the unit tables in the DBE.

What I want is to change what sound effects the game plays for certain units, namely cannons to start.

I'm building an updated sfx pack and have found that none of the huge cannons sounds I've compiled for the largest cannons (ie. emp_lib_weapon_cannonfirelrg_01_v1.00_gme.wav ) seem to play in game for even the Ottoman 64 pounder. Well if that's not a "cannonfirelrg" versus small or medium than I don't know what is. It must be that this unit and others are not tied to the "cannonfirelrg" .wav, and I'd like to double check that and make changes accordingly.

Default Re: Sound effects tables in DBE?

Hehe it's a trick! No really the sound i not associated with units, but with the projectiles if you want to change the sound of something, what you need to do is change the sound of the projectile. so check out the projectile lists in dbeditor and let me know if you need further detail

ok, so teoretically, if there is some sound definition missing for projectile, can it be added back? For example, i have found, there is no firing sound for rifled guns in ETW, but CA actually "fixed" it by not enabling them at all, which means that tech is there for nothing.. When i changed DB tables to actually enable naval rifled guns, once guns got upgraded, they didn't had firing sound associated with them... Is it possible to fix this? I'd like to use rifled tech for something else (improved naval guns) to have better technology progression, but missing firing sound is a show stopper...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLegion View Post
    Hehe it's a trick! No really the sound i not associated with units, but with the projectiles if you want to change the sound of something, what you need to do is change the sound of the projectile. so check out the projectile lists in dbeditor and let me know if you need further detail
    so you can have like a fifer that gives sound well 1 sound
    and have the normal drum sound turned off and still having that ingame?