Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Default Re: Fallout 4

I for one really like the idea of it being in New York as mentioned in an earlier post, with the character being an immigrant, with a big gang structure with lots of little factions that can grow significantly with your help, rather than 2 superpowers. There would be ALOT of replay value potential there. each gang faction would be completly different in terms of ideals/beliefs, quests and characters and you could only choose to help 1 beyond the basic first tier of quests they have available.
    Each faction would have its only storyline and unique ending. The player needs to join one of the factions (or possibly start his own) to progress get access to new tech etc and ultimatly unite the city under that gang. Once you join a faction you cant really interact with the others because you'll be seen as an enemy.

OR I would really like a deep south setting, with deep seated racisim, not against black people, but against mutants and ghouls etc
    Last edited by IrishBlood; January 26, 2013 at 04:47 PM.

Protector Domesticus

Meh, we already had enough of the "Racist against Mutans/Ghouls" thing in everygame.

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLN445 View Post
    Meh, we already had enough of the "Racist against Mutans/Ghouls" thing in everygame.
    But just imagine the southern accents

Domesticus

Ya know, that just reminded me of something ive thought about Fallout, especially Fallout 3....why is "racism" against Ghouls such a terrible thing? Seems in Fallout 3, many ghouls will become feral...and they arent exactly something nice. Then again, easiest thing in the game to kill except for the super badass ones

Anyway, I like the New York idea with lots of different factions. I'd say make it some section of the Northeast though. Get the Institute in there.

Then Fallout 5/Fallout 4: Gaiden can be in the midwest like Colorado or something, and made by Obsidian Until finally the games meet up somewhere to create teh final Fallout game. Or something
    Last edited by Mr Kriegtooth; January 27, 2013 at 02:48 AM.

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Bethesda
    Stop it.
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

Domesticus

Pft, messed up there, meant to say Obsidian

Edit: Whos supposed to be making Fallout 4 anyway, Bethesda or Obsidian?
    Last edited by Mr Kriegtooth; January 27, 2013 at 02:49 AM.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Bethesda
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Fallout 4 has not been announced yet, so whoever Bethesda decides will make it is who is "supposed" to be making it.

But I would be surprised if they didn't make it themselves.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Clagius View Post
    Oh, really? Yes they did. Bethesda bought rights for Fallout, and announced;

"The whole reason we went out and acquired the license and that we now own Fallout is that we clearly intended to make more than one. This is not something we're going to do once and then go away and never do it again. When that will be or how long that will be God only knows, but we acquired it specifically because we wanted to own it and develop it and work on it like we do with The Elder Scrolls."

Please do not argue if you don't even have an idea of what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Fallout 4 has not been announced yet, so whoever Bethesda decides will make it is who is "supposed" to be making it.

But I would be surprised if they didn't make it themselves.
    Yes, thank you! As I have said aswell Fallout 4 has not been officially announced. Bethesda said that they intend to make more than one Fallout game but that is a general statement. At no time has there been an announcement saying 'we are making Fallout 4'. But there have been hints and rumours.

I am quite aware of what they are doing and as a fan of the Fallout series from the onset I follow every scrap of info about it.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Yes, thank you! As I have said aswell Fallout 4 has not been officially announced. Bethesda said that they intend to make more than one Fallout game but that is a general statement. At no time has there been an announcement saying 'we are making Fallout 4'. But there have been hints and rumours.

I am quite aware of what they are doing and as a fan of the Fallout series from the onset I follow every scrap of info about it.
    Oh, alright. Well, since we're speaking of Bethesda, I am sure they will continue it like TES series. And yeah, they haven't officially told they are 'making Fallout 4' but all these rumors and hints suggests heavily that they do.

They did say around the time of Fallout 3 that they plan to make Fallout their other major series, so we know that a Fallout 4 is in some stage of development. I don't see how them doing loctation stuff in Boston means it's set there. I mean they went to DC for Oblivion but it wasn't set in the Capitol now was it?

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

For Oblivion? The hell are you talking about?

The Capital was part of Fallout 3, yes. I think you meant that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Relvas View Post
    For Oblivion? The hell are you talking about?

The Capital was part of Fallout 3, yes. I think you meant that.
    Nope, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvm0CN3tQFI

From about 13.04 on.

Obsidian CEO would love to make FNV 2-or Fallout LA

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...t-new-vegas-2/

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post
    Oh, you know what I meant... the capitol, as in, the U.S capitol, not a building remotely inspired in the capitol.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

How long do you think the time between announcement and release will be? I need my Fallouts!

The big question is, if Bethesda do their fallouts from now on, will the NCR and Cesar Legions still exist?
    Will we see more of Cesar Legions in deep? Would you guys want to see cesar legions again?

I do

Almost forgot, never liked Bethesda factions, in fact, i think they suck in making factions and if they bring the quest/journal system from Skyrim, it will be a sad day to Fallout fans
    Last edited by CoLLimeN; February 13, 2013 at 02:51 PM.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by CoLLimeN View Post
    quest/journal system from Skyrim
    There is no journal system in Skyrim.

EireEmerald's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Apparently the new one will be set in Boston.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Clagius View Post
    There is no journal system in Skyrim.
    Exactly his point.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!