Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

PFC_Church's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Fallout 4

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    I always trust random people's friends in the gaming industry. That's why I'm so close with MMFA.
    Hey man i just said it was a rumor lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PFC_Church View Post
    Hey man i just said it was a rumor lol.
    Compared to IGN? Come on man

Though they did give us "Chobot"
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Protector Domesticus

They really should just go ahead and do a British Fallout no matter how many people that this game should be purely set in America i can garuntee almost all of you would still buy it.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by PFC_Church View Post
    Actaully from what i've heard from a friend in the gaming industry...its going to be in the mojave again. but not just secluded like like time. more like skyrim (since bethesda owns tem both it makes sense) the map its going to be HUGE! from vegas to reno, and parts of cali to utah. though that is a alot of ground to cover so maybe there break up the map into portions? who knows, this just a rumor i have heard from a buddy
    My uncle works for Nintendo...

As the snow flies
    On a cold and gray chicago mornin
    A poor little baby child is born
    In the ghetto... In the ghetto
    Now at the topic,i though fallout 4 is going be better than the deser of vegas,but maybe it will be the same game but different scenary.There is no longer game like fallout 3

As the snow flies
    On a cold and gray chicago mornin
    A poor little baby child is born
    In the ghetto... In the ghetto
    Now at the topic,i though fallout 4 is going be better than the deser of vegas,but maybe it will be the same game but different scenary.There is no longer game like fallout 3

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

I'm worried for Fallout 4, to be honest. After the masterpiece that was New Vegas, Fallout 3, and Bethesda in General, looks a lot more amateur. I'm gonna probably get FO4 when it's released, but I pretty much know for a fact that the story and dialogue isn't going to be as good as NV.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Its going to be in Boston and in a different climate zone... of course it will be a great game.

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Honestly, Bethesda is a top player when it comes to story and dialogue. Unfortunately, they don't use their skills that well in their games. TES' lore was born out of Bethesda, and everyone can certainly agree that its lore is on a whole new level when it comes to immersion and plot-complexity in the gaming industry. It just happens that they're terrible at casting the voice talent and sometimes screw the "active" gameplay plot over the "passive" one (that is, the lore and the background story of their games).

They need to look at Rockstar and emulate their voice talents and their casting mechanisms. They also need to polish their gameplay plot, that is, the quests, etc. And I believe they always had financial constraints before to do that.

I think things have changed somewhat with Skyrim. Now, either they go to easy route and just do because "kids will buy it anyway" or they follow the behemoth that Rockstar is and actively strive to make things better and better every time, rising the gaming industry to the same level, or above, of that of cinema.

So far only Rockstar has done that (and the Frenchies from Quantic Dreams - but those guys make more interactive movies than games, really). Ironically enough, Rockstar once used to be called the company that was screwing over the gaming industry with "childish, violent, abhorrent games".

Turns out they ended up creating Red Dead Redemption, L.A Noire and GTA IV, three games that stand above most "cinematic art" around these days.

It's a new era, and so far they were the only ones taking the train on time. Hopefully Bethesda will go along with them. They say mini-games like those in Android and the iPhones are killing the industry - I don't think so. I think we're witnessing a maturing industry, and now we'll start to see what we already saw in cinema decades ago: there will be b-movies (like those phone app games), expensive action movies that sell despite being , like those of Arnie (CODs and the like), of which people will get tired and make much less money these days, and top-notch movies, with amazing plots, innovative artistic value and acting. (Red Dead Redemption, L.A Noire, GTA IV, Farenheit, Heavy Rain, perhaps Fallout...)

In the end, it's those last ones that have more success.

Bethesda is a top player when it comes to story and dialogue?
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Background story and dialogue, yes. You won't see universes as complete and as full in detail as Bethesda's ones. But then they fall short on delivering the same in "actual" gameplay, unlike Rockstar or Quantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Relvas View Post
    Background story and dialogue, yes. You won't see universes as complete and as full in detail as Bethesda's ones. But then they fall short on delivering the same in "actual" gameplay, unlike Rockstar or Quantic.
    Fallout 3 was one of the emptiest game worlds I've ever seen.

Then again, the Fallout universe is one of the most complete ones you'll ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Relvas View Post
    Then again, the Fallout universe is one of the most complete ones you'll ever see.
    And that's thanks to the writers at Interplay/Black isles.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Give me New Orleans, voodoo, Creole, Papa Doc-type Fallout

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Though they did give us "Chobot"
    She's fugly
    Last edited by Soviet; November 11, 2012 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
    She's fugly
    She also said this

I don't suppose there's any chance they'd let Obsidian develop Fallout 4...?

The ideal situation in my view would be if Bethesda created the world, with few bugs and no bull invisible walls, and the core game mechanics. While Obsidian did the writing and filled out the world to give it a more living character.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post
    I don't suppose there's any chance they'd let Obsidian develop Fallout 4...?

The ideal situation in my view would be if Bethesda created the world, with few bugs and no bull invisible walls, and the core game mechanics. While Obsidian did the writing and filled out the world to give it a more living character.
    The reason Fallout NV was buggy was because bethesda was in charge of bugteseting.

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by BigDogDavis View Post
    She also said this
    Oh, Jesus. I want to kill myself, come back to life, then kill myself again. The cringe was audible.

Cuba. Bring back the tropical feel of southern Mexico like in 1.

As for Beth main plot writing, that has pretty much crumbled since the Morrowind days. But it isn't really about that, it's about making a world where you can RP and RP so fully that you can create your own stories and have a never ending game.