Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Default Re: Fallout 4

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Don't you get it? Bethesda are bad, Obsidian are awesome. I mean, sure, Obsidian have never produced a decent game in their entire existence that wasn't built on a previous game by other companies but they are still awesome. Also, Bethesda are baaaaaaad. Bad.

Seriously, you have to reduce yourself to the level of Pantomime archetypes to be accepted in this thread. It's getting like No Mutants allowed.
    Nice try. New Vegas is objectively the better game. This reaches farther than simple "opinion" or predisposition towards either company. Anything Fallout 3 did, New Vegas did better, and in those instances where it's a matter of preference (such as playing on Hardcore mode) it can be toggled. More options -> objectively better, doesn't matter how you slice it.

The only argument you will be able to put forth that has any validity is that you don't like the New Vegas setting. That is personal opinion, and you won't find anyone arguing with you about your preference there.

Don't come in the thread with " Never understood the affection for New Vegas I found it buggier and less believable than F3 " , then when posters call you on it, you dance around with your nonsense above.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Don't you get it? Bethesda are bad, Obsidian are awesome. I mean, sure, Obsidian have never produced a decent game in their entire existence that wasn't built on a previous game by other companies but they are still awesome. Also, Bethesda are baaaaaaad. Bad.

Seriously, you have to reduce yourself to the level of Pantomime archetypes to be accepted in this thread. It's getting like No Mutants allowed.
    That's probably because they only made one independent game, Alpha Protocol, which while rushed like mad by Sega was still a very enjoyable and very deep RPG (deeper than anything Bethesda ever made).

Now, with the advent of Kickstarter, Obsidian are no longer dependent on the whims of every cash-whore publisher, and you will finally see what they are really capable of.

Btw, you said New Vegas was buggy. Guess what? The entire bug-testing and post-launch support phase was handled exclusively by Bethesda.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

Every single game Bethesda has been involved with in recent years has always been a bugfest on release. New Vegas has been patched thankfully and now it's no longer as buggy.
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

I for one really enjoyed hardcore mode in New Vegas. If they expanded on it, i would get Fallout 4 in a instant.
    i still play new vegas wish there was more! lol

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Hardcore mode was a treat.

"I'm running low on health - I must eat thirty packets of insta-mash!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Hardcore mode was a treat.

"I'm running low on health - I must eat thirty packets of insta-mash!"

lol.. i would have used a stimpak instead and saved them 30 insta-mash for starvation

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Btw, you said New Vegas was buggy. Guess what? The entire bug-testing and post-launch support phase was handled exclusively by Bethesda.
    NICE TRY BUDDY I SEE THROUGH YOUR LIE, CAN'T FOOL ME

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

^ lol.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    NICE TRY BUDDY I SEE THROUGH YOUR LIE, CAN'T FOOL ME

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The real QA team is you, and anybody else who bought a quality Bethesda™ product.
    -Jimmy Neutron

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

You didn't enjoy Morrowind, Oblivion, F3, NV or Skyrim then?

You didn't enjoy Morrowind, Oblivion, F3, NV or Skyrim then?
    Only TES game I've played is Oblivion, it's ****. Fallout 3 is bad, but New Vegas is great.
    -Jimmy Neutron

You should play Morrowind with the graphics extender mods. You have no idea what you are missing out on.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Morrowind is their best game. I would put this cynicism aside and try it - it's really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    You should play Morrowind with the graphics extender mods. You have no idea what you are missing out on.
    Morrowind is their best game. I would put this cynicism aside and try it - it's really good.
    I've heard it's good but it's not really the graphics that turn me off from it, it's the lack of voice acting.
    -Jimmy Neutron

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I find that makes it better.

It's just a personal preference as I am a huge reader but you can really give each individual character a distinct voice yourself. It also means NPC's have a lot more dialogue because they are not restricted by the limitations of recording. Honestly some of the NPC's in Morrowind have so much unique text, it's like a book. Very nice if you are into the lore and what-not.

It also has the best story of the Elder Scrolls games, not to mention a fantastic atmosphere and soundtrack.

I'm not much of a reader, I tend to just skim over books in RPGs.
    -Jimmy Neutron

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Fair enough. Each to their own.

Oblivion kind of sucked, mostly due to the generic world and the level scaling designed by someone who clearly had no understanding of basic RPG mechanics. It's one of those games that sucks in hindsight, which seems to be Bethsofts thing nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post
    Oblivion kind of sucked, mostly due to the generic world and the level scaling designed by someone who clearly had no understanding of basic RPG mechanics. It's one of those games that sucks in hindsight, which seems to be Bethsofts thing nowadays.
    Don't forget the grinding. Good god I think the highest I got in my playthrough was level 9.
    -Jimmy Neutron

klesh's Avatar Senator

Fallout in Boston? I'm from Boston and that might be the only thing that excites me to play the game. I've been trying to watch some let's plays on Fallout 3 (because I need something to play in the several years it will take to get the next TES game), and the scene is just kind of depressing. If I am going to spend hours and hours in a gameworld, I don't really want it to be a bleak, dead, post apocalyptic disaster zone. Its just not nice to look at. Plus that silly business about freezing time and selecting bodyparts to shoot out looks really odd. Why would I want that in a first person shooting game? I've been trying to get into it, and it's a bit of a struggle to do so. Plus, swing music could be the worst form of jazz ever invented.