Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Fallout 4

Id rather see more of the feel and atmoshpere of Fallout 1/2 then 3, maybe throw in some Fallout Tactics in the mix :p

Never understood the affection for New Vegas I found it buggier and less believable than F3. Obsidian are masters of mediocrity so I hope they stay well away from F4.

They had two years and thats the best they could come up with?
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Fallout 3 is bad. Bad bad bad.

How exactly is New Vegas "less believable"? They atleast attempted to portray how the NPC's live and get things like water and food. That's just the setting, in game play, once again New Vegas objectively trounces Fallout 3 and Hardcore mode can be toggled.

Let's see you defend Fallout 3. really, this should be amusing

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Never understood the affection for New Vegas I found it buggier and less believable than F3. Obsidian are masters of mediocrity so I hope they stay well away from F4.

How was it less believable than the typical good guys (Brotherhood) vs bad guys (Enclave) storyline of F3?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Chris Avellone is a good writer.

The New Vegas DLC's were fantastic - they all were linked in some convoluted way.

I'm very interested to see the Fallout 4 story though. Praying for something dark.

I also want the 50's Americana feeling more prominently featured than in NV.

http://www.examiner.com/article/skyr...-from-bethesda

Expect to see some new F4 stuff soon friends.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Let me guess, Fallout 3 was your first ever Fallout and you also played both on an Xbox or PS 3, right?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

On a possibly unrelate topic, Bethesda apparently came up with this intriguing clip on twitter
    https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/324176110571098113
    any one care to decipher it?
    In Soviet Russia, the arrow takes a knee to the I.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

I don't like FO3's plot that much but I give Bethesda a pass on it as it was their first entry into the Fallout franchise and they had to learn to adapt to the setting and story. If it was their second or third entry in then I would be a little more irritated.

I think this is why they set FO3 on the East Coast, they might not have been comfortable meddling in the established west coast lore and wanted to stay away from that lest they have the fanbase go insanely ballistic. Though they probably should have named the game something other than Fallout 3 as it has no connection to the previous games other than some references, a cameo here and there, and the enclave.

As for the environment of D.C. I can see it still being an irrated waste after 200 years since it was probably the heaviest hit place in the U.S., no geck activations and the only surviving vault population being conditioned to never leave their vault or communicate with outsiders. Plus most of the cities in the D.C. wastes are very closed societies themselves.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Double post. >_> delete please

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I made out the word "G-String"

Looks like a Bach piece being played on a record player.

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

Fallout 4's gonna suck, but I'll probably play it anyways. I at least hope they learned something from Obsidian, but I don't think they did. Hopefully after that Obsidian can start working on the New Vegas 2.
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Fallout 4's gonna suck
    Elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDogDavis View Post
    Fallout 4's gonna suck,
    Without a doubt it will. Expect it to be a dumbed down half-finished shitfest, as usual, but with a release caveat of "Unprecedented DLC Support Planned! We will ****ing blow you away! Awesome!"

We know from Skyrim's example that this will be a flat-out lie, used as a kind of bargaining chip for the deluded fans at release of their broken ****** game.

I at least hope they learned something from Obsidian
    What planet are you on? We all know that is impossible. I am starting to question your sanity right now.

Hopefully after that Obsidian can start working on the New Vegas 2.
    Not a chance in hell
    Last edited by mike^_^; April 17, 2013 at 05:56 PM.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

What are you on about son? Skyrim was one of the greatest games of all time, I have had some of the most enjoyable, immersive and satisfying (not to mention hilarious) times on that game.

I enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas very, very much as well. Actually almost as much as Fallout 2.

Cool story

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Needs more dragons, no?

BigDogDavis's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Elaborate.
    Infinite quests, you can go anywhere. Mutant Dragons! All on Bethesda's original engine, Creation!

Quote Originally Posted by mike^_^ View Post
    Without a doubt it will. Expect it to be a dumbed down half-finished shitfest, as usual, but with a release caveat of "Unprecedented DLC Support Planned! We will ****ing blow you away! Awesome!"
    I have a feeling they'll probably do a Homebuilding DLC like they did with Skyrim, rather than making homebuilding part of the vanilla game like it should be.
    We know from Skyrim's example that this will be a flat-out lie, used as a kind of bargaining chip for the deluded fans at release of their broken ****** game.
    Bethesda aren't the worst, but they're definitely the biggest liars. At least EA outright tells you they're gonna **** you.
    Last edited by BigDogDavis; April 17, 2013 at 08:22 PM.
    "God is fake because space and science."
    -Jimmy Neutron

goro's Avatar Tribunus

The tease isn't for fallout.From the look of it they are probably teasing a wolfenstein game.I can't think of any others that relate to what is shown

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    What are you on about son? Skyrim was one of the greatest games of all time, I have had some of the most enjoyable, immersive and satisfying (not to mention hilarious) times on that game.

I enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas very, very much as well. Actually almost as much as Fallout 2.
    Don't you get it? Bethesda are bad, Obsidian are awesome. I mean, sure, Obsidian have never produced a decent game in their entire existence that wasn't built on a previous game by other companies but they are still awesome. Also, Bethesda are baaaaaaad. Bad.

Seriously, you have to reduce yourself to the level of Pantomime archetypes to be accepted in this thread. It's getting like No Mutants allowed.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I don't understand the Bethseda hate either.

Their success speaks for itself. Still, fingers and toes crossed for Brian Fargo and Chris Avellone to be involved in F4 in some sort of way.

Also Mark Morgan needs to be making the atmospheric music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWPe7hrEZhI - this track (with it's creepy voice recordings and pre war sounds) + subway/creepy vault + feral ghouls = soiled underwear and good times had by all.

My only major complaint about the newer Fallouts is the unfitting orchestral soundtracks.