Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Re: Fallout 4

Can't say I will miss how skills were implemented

ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah, this definitely sounds like an improvement over how skills were in NV/3. Skills worked really well in 1/2, but they felt sorta shoehorned into 3/NV.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post

Yeah as someone who plunges into the wilderness for 100 hours before even starting part of the main quest it can be annoying when you level up to such a high proficiency and the challenge gets taken out too much. Some perks were essential for Ironmanning as well, such as the knockdown shotgun perk, whereas high stats in skills weren't.

I think they are introducing a Witcher 3 type of system with areas/missions/enemies of high/low difficulty rather than enemies that scale level with you. 'Rubberbanding' I think they called it.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Yeah, it was mentioned that there will be areas where the enemies will scale from like levels 5-10, and then other areas like 20-25. So a little bit of scaling, but there will be areas that will basically be impossible to get to early on and such.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

So, it's going to be quite a while before we'll see mod toolset for Fallout 4.. To quote Pete Hines:
    "The idea is that [the tools] will work on all platforms, but the truth is the system doesn’t exist. It’s still being built and worked on and it’s going to take awhile. It’s going to take clearly into next year because we can’t even start it..."

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

nvm, can delete.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/fallo.../2300-6426382/

Some info from an excitable Irishman. Hacking and lockpicking are the same (far enough for the latter but hacking could have been open for change but w/e)
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

I'm still most likely gonna get it, but I hate the fact that it seems that they've removed all the good things New Vegas added, and the game is even more FPS and less RPG than Fallout 3.
    I do hope the modding tools is strong enough to bring back skills, so we aren't left with the perk trees like in Skyrim.

I much prefer the perk system described than the joyless stat dumping of F3 but we'll see how it pans out (and whether the perks do something unique and useful, unlike incremental increases in stats). How do you mean it'll be less of an RPG?

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    I'm still most likely gonna get it, but I hate the fact that it seems that they've removed all the good things New Vegas added, and the game is even more FPS and less RPG than Fallout 3.
    I do hope the modding tools is strong enough to bring back skills, so we aren't left with the perk trees like in Skyrim.
    I don't see the negatives in making combat better since both F3 and NV was really boring and stupid in that aspect. The thing I'm worried about is their Mass Effect approach with dialogs. I don't see it ending well, but I'll be happy to be proven wrong there. All I want from F4 is a significantly larger and more immesive world. Can't blame NV for feeling empty given that it was set in a desert (but Vegas as waaay too small and dead for a city that survived the nukes)

Lordaeron55's Avatar Foederatus

I keep asking myself that will come the main story

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Live action trailer!

ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Wow, Ive just realised my pc cant run this.. Anyone wanna donate s new one??��
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

it was not in-game footage

Protector Domesticus

That was fecken awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post

If you play a mod that raises max level, don't complain about overpowered char. I've played F3 and still had some skills not maxed at level 30, even with high INT.

New Vegas goes to level 50. So I'd assume the screen is from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    New Vegas goes to level 50. So I'd assume the screen is from that.
    It's F3 for sure, New Vegas got a bit different skills...Small and Big Guns compressed into one skill-Guns, and Survival is added.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    If you play a mod that raises max level, don't complain about overpowered char. I've played F3 and still had some skills not maxed at level 30, even with high INT.
    Regardless of that it was still a dumb system. A lockpick of 74 was useless, it needed to be 25-50-75-100 IIRC. The difference between speech and charisma was not intuitive regarding conversation checks. Shotguns being part of the same skill as assault rifles while the latter had much more in common with laser rifles in actual usage.
    It was a relic from a ruleset that used percentages and random numbers. Sure you could make a first person game using a similar ruleset, but then people complain their actual real life aiming and moving skills for example are useless.

A good vid here that explains most of the perks-

I'm currently digging it, especially if there's a perk tree just for shotguns.