Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Fallout 4

I've had a look around the forum and i couldn't find a thread about Fallout 4 so here it goes.

According to this IGN article it's likely that the game will be set in Boston. Apparently Bethesda has been researching Boston and they have a strong connection to MIT. Plus, there is a reference in Fallout 3 about the Commonwealth and the Railroad the two factions in Boston.

So what's everyone's oppinion on this? What are your expectations?

Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Fallout 4

Sounds like an alright place to set a game, new factions to play with

My expectation is they ditch USA and explore much better scenarios like MOSCOW, KYEV, ROME or PARIS.
    Last edited by God-Emperor of Mankind; October 22, 2012 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Censor bypass and off topic

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    My expectation is they ditch USA and explore much better scenarios like MOSCOW, KYEV, ROME or PARIS.
    Not happening.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Fracchione View Post
    Fallout will never leave North America, it's instrumental to the games' atmosphere.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Fallout will never leave North America, it's instrumental to the games' atmosphere.
    Indeed, the whole concept of Fallout is built on the ideea of a future from a 50s American point of view. It's what makes this great game series what it is.

I think Boston would be a very interesting city to visit, im sure there will be plenty of history and the like referenced in the game seeing as the city is of huge important to the foundation of the country.

I hope the Brotherhood of Steel is present once again, perhaps even the splinter group from Chicago having some sort of involvement.

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

I've always wanted to see a destroyed (more destroyed than it is ) version of my city, Chicago.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Awesome cause I honestly love the city of Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevarine View Post
    I've always wanted to see a destroyed (more destroyed than it is ) version of my city, Chicago.
    Well Chicago has already been featured in Fallout Tactics so here's a glimpse of it

An offshot of the Brotherhood of Steel founded a base there and went rogue. I'm hoping they somehow show up in Fallout 4, maybe expanding from the midwest to the coast.

The Midwest Brotherhood is possibly even the most powerful one left. Someone pointed out to me it says they fell on hard times in (I think) FNV, but potentially they are the most state-like of the Brotherhood with open recruitment and lots of robots.

A stand-off between The Institute and the Midwest Brotherhood would be pretty cool and very well suitable for being the major factions in a game.

Protector Domesticus

It was in Fallout3 or something were its mentioned from what one of the brotherhood, but even so they could easily make a comeback in the years between then and the new game. Midwestern brotherhood is best Brotherhood
    Last edited by SLN445; October 22, 2012 at 09:17 PM.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Why not Fallout set in China? It could work. You could set it right where American forces invaded and such. I think it'd be cool if there was some kind of US Army faction that survived the war. They'd be like a combo of the Enclave and the Brotherhood.
    Last edited by Vanoi; October 22, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

I don't know about having a whole Fallout game in China, it would lose a lot of the charm and the atmosphere on which it is based. However, a DLC set in China would be an idea. Sort of like Operation Anchorage in Fallout 3.

I'd like it to have a sort of dystopian city ruled by the Institute with an iron fist and advanced technology, with the surrounding lands lawless and full of raiders and hostile mutants.

Vítor Gaspar's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Noooo.

Florida, Miami, the Everglades, a Cuba DLC... I was hoping for it so much!

PFC_Church's Avatar Foederatus

Actaully from what i've heard from a friend in the gaming industry...its going to be in the mojave again. but not just secluded like like time. more like skyrim (since bethesda owns tem both it makes sense) the map its going to be HUGE! from vegas to reno, and parts of cali to utah. though that is a alot of ground to cover so maybe there break up the map into portions? who knows, this just a rumor i have heard from a buddy

I always trust random people's friends in the gaming industry. That's why I'm so close with MMFA.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Why not Fallout set in China? It could work. You could set it right where American forces invaded and such. I think it'd be cool if there was some kind of US Army faction that survived the war. They'd be like a combo of the Enclave and the Brotherhood.
    One of the old cancelled Fallout spinoff games was going to deal with China, but it was going to be a non-canon "what-if" plot though.

IIRC basically that version of China would be ruled by a Neo-Chinese Empire that was bent on getting revenge on the U.S. and "finishing" the war by fixing and launching what was basically a super nuke ICBM at the U.S.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I love post-apocalyptic Russia based things. Metro and STALKER are probably some of my favourite games when it comes to atmosphere but Fallout belongs in the US. Only spin-offs or DLC should have it outside of the US. 1950's America was such a unique and easily recognisable period of history... I love it.
    I would like a Fallout set in Georgia, somewhere with that old south feeling like Savannah which is probably one of the prettiest cities I've visited in my life. There was that DLC for Fallout 3 which went to some southern type area, so there is at least some plausibility in it.

I won't lie though... a spin-off game set in Britain would be an insta-buy for me. 1950's Britain was also a very unique period but not as easily recognisable as the US, so I wouldn't want the development of it to take away from a US based one. Perhaps Bethesda do Fallout 4 and Obsidian do Fallout: London haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I love post-apocalyptic Russia based things. Metro and STALKER are probably some of my favourite games when it comes to atmosphere but Fallout belongs in the US. Only spin-offs or DLC should have it outside of the US. 1950's America was such a unique and easily recognisable period of history... I love it.
    I would like a Fallout set in Georgia, somewhere with that old south feeling like Savannah which is probably one of the prettiest cities I've visited in my life. There was that DLC for Fallout 3 which went to some southern type area, so there is at least some plausibility in it.

I won't lie though... a spin-off game set in Britain would be an insta-buy for me. 1950's Britain was also a very unique period but not as easily recognisable as the US, so I wouldn't want the development of it to take away from a US based one. Perhaps Bethesda do Fallout 4 and Obsidian do Fallout: London haha.
    More or less my feelings on the subject. I'd love for a Fallout/Stalker type game set in Britain but I'd want a British company to do it. Fallout has a lot of history and narrative tied to the US so I'd rather keep it there. Tbh if Fallout 4 was set in an apartment building I'd still get it. Sandbox FPSRPG's are the only genre I play other than strategy.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast