Thread: A modding question

Default A modding question

Hey was wondering if you guys could help me out with one thing. (someone adviced me to seek your help, good advice i say ^^)

I want to add branches to a existing building. Say the siege building line so players can choose which branch to upgrade it into (optimally i want it to branch into 4 or 5 branches and have the AI use this. hell creating new tiers for the encampment works too aslong as i can make the AI build and upgrade em.)

Could you guys be so kind and help me out and give advices on how this is done? ^^
    I tried it several times but the changes never actually appeared in the game

Thanks in advance =)

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: A modding question

I'm about to go to sleep (administering Africa, warring with Europe, and commanding commies takes it out of you ), so I'll get back to you tomorrow .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Akaie View Post
    I'm about to go to sleep (administering Africa, warring with Europe, and commanding commies takes it out of you ), so I'll get back to you tomorrow .
    hehehe, hope you're doing well (what game at that?)

sleep well and thanks for the incomming advices <3

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Risk and Ideology .

So, to get the most basic of buildings going, use 'building_culture_variants', 'building_description_texts' and 'building_levels' as well as the text entry in the .loc files.

Row cloning in PFM is your best friend. Let's say you want to add a building that is buildable from the 'temple complex' building of the buddhist chain. Start by cloning the fortified monastery rows, doing well to replace the 'localised description' entry in 'building_culture_variants' and the numerical value in the second last column in 'building_levels'. Run Shogun 2 just to test whether the building was created properly.

Once you've done that, crack open 'building_upgrades_junction'. Following on from the above example, tie your building ID to that of the 'temple complex'.

Lastly, you need the AI to acknowledge their existence. Open 'cai_base_building_context_values'. The Hedge Knight explains all you'll need for this here.

I believe that's it. My apologies if I've forgotten something .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Thank you very much

ill give it a try after dinner ooo this opens up a whole new aspect of the game if i get it right :o

i just shouldnt overdo it >.<

risk oh risk, played that alot with friends back in the days ^^ Not even heard of the other though :o

might be the unique ID i messed up first time now that i think of it, either way wish me luck =)
    Last edited by zhiphius; October 22, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

After much arguing with the assembly kit editor and trying to find a error that caused my game to crash.
    (still dont know the cause! i just exported the necessary building tables and imported into my previous version and it worked )

either way i nailed it down! Just need to make the AI recognise it now (since i purged assembly kit ill use PFM )

here's a pickie:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So a big thank you for helping me out =) *Gives hugs and cookies*