Thread: Hattori Hanzo's helmet

Icon5 Hattori Hanzo's helmet

I read this while reading about Hanzo on the english wikipedia page:

To this day, artifacts of Hanzō's legacy remain. Tokyo Imperial Palace (formerly the shogun's palace) still has a gate called Hanzō's Gate (Hanzōmon), and the Hanzōmon subway line which runs from Hanzōmon Station in central Tokyo to the southwestern suburbs is named after the gate, where his house was once located.[15][16][17] Hanzō’s remains now rest in the Sainen-ji temple cemetery in Yotsuya, Tokyo. The temple also holds his favorite spear and his ceremonial battle helmet. The spear, originally 14-feet long donated to the temple by Hanzō as a votive offering, had been given to him by Ieyasu and suffered damage during the bombing of Tokyo in 1945.[18][19]
    I've been trying to find pictures of Hanzo's helmet which has obviously survived to present days but I cant find any, does anyone know what this helmet looked like? Has anyone seen it? Pictures?

Default Re: Hattori Hanzo's helmet

Hi, could I recommend you PM either Akaie or Erwin Rommel? They are very good at this, finding kawari kabutos and stuff .

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Default Re: Hattori Hanzo's helmet

I searched internet for that once
    Because I don't speak japanese, or any other asian language for that matter, I used google translator for that. The clue in my opinion is to search by his second name: Hattori Masanari.
    This way I came up with this page:
    http://iiwarui.blog90.fc2.com/blog-entry-2675.html
    and those pictures

I have no idea if this is the helmet mentioned in wikipedia, or someone else's, but I wasn't able to find anything else. Maybe someone will be able to translate what's written on the tablet next to the helmet on the first picture?

Btw, this is his spear, I believe:
    spear

Under the Patronage of: Ishan