Thread: Application Load Error 5:00000065434

Icon4

Application Load Error 5:00000065434.i dont know how to fix this.i play on steam.while im able to choose either US or CA but i cant launch the game well.i tried to start the game from steam after getting the above message,finding that im can play battles but cant play campaign.how can i fix it?tx a lot

pics

EDIT: posts merged; MM
    Last edited by Minas Moth; October 20, 2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: doubleposting

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Application Load Error 5:00000065434

hm, application errors usually happen when you don't have original ETW game... but, from what you say it seams you can run the game via the Steam... could you post your log please? you can easily access it by opening your launcher > File > Go To > Mod Folder. There you will find the acw_log.txt; please copy the entire thing here so I can take a look...

im unable to paste that here coz it tells me "wrong link" something.i upload it below.pls take a look

Minas Moth's Avatar Senator

ok, so it says that your
    Code:
    Steam Status: n/a
    that usually means one of the following:
    a) you don't have the legit (original) version of the game (using torrent version etc)
    b) your Empire and Steam isn't installed in the default path which is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam etc...

so which one is it? again, application errors usually appear with torrent/pirate versions of the game...

I also had the same problem and my game is legit

Instructions to Fix Application load Error:

Check the program for Compatibility Issues
    Uninstall and Reinstall the Steam Client
    Update .NET Framework
    Correct Registry Errors
    Disable Your Antivirus

I found this website helpful:
    http://alisha.wikidot.com/blog:7

I too have this problem, but I don't have empire installed in the default path. Am I going to have to move the files to the default location, or can I just change the install path?

Quote Originally Posted by leetlewetbeaner View Post
    I too have this problem, but I don't have empire installed in the default path. Am I going to have to move the files to the default location, or can I just change the install path?
    I'm facing the exact same problem. I have a solid state drive from my previous computer with a lot of memory connected to my computer, and on this ssd ETW is installed, and so is currently this mod. Is this causing the error?
    “Words are dwarfs, deeds are giants.”
    - Dutch proverb

bwc153's Avatar Miles

My apologies for the bump, though I've seen worse on these forums. I get this error as well, and yes I do have the game installed. My installation of the game is on my second hard drive, where I keep all my games at, rather than on my main hard drive. I looked into the log like it was suggested earlier in this thread and I also get the Steam Status: n/a. I've reinstalled the game and checked the registry just to verify that it's not something on my end.

Is it possible that the Launcher has some inherent incompatibility with the game's install NOT being on the C drive?

EDIT: I just installed the game to the C drive and it works fine. I believe my Hypothesis of incompatibility with a non-C drive install seems to be accurate
    Last edited by bwc153; April 15, 2014 at 01:52 PM.