Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 4

Default Re: Mass Effect 4

Me1 is definitely worth not skipping. It has the best story of the three and if you haven't been polluted with spoilers it is hands down my favorite. It should not be skipped on a first playthrough of the series. It introduces you to everything that makes Mass Effect, Mass Effect. Yeah after a few series playthroughs it is understandable to skip, it is aging and the combat can be really frustrating, but until then no way skip. Especially with holidays coming up it should be very cheap. No better way to prepare for me4 than a solid first time 1-3 playthrough.

Me2 is very good for companions and personal relationships with an awesome ending. I honestly probably love them all 3 pretty equally after a few playthroughs in each their own ways.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; November 14, 2016 at 01:22 AM.

Yeah, I wouldn't advocate skipping Mass Effect 1 if you can avoid it, but as you say the combat is pretty archaic. I am biased in that I played 2 first, but I think it's the best - Mordin alone sells it, and the ending is spectacular.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)

ME 1 is the best. Dont skip it!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

what? someone wants to skip ME1? just dont do that. Its decent game, though it has slow as hell start, not to mention grindy sidemissions. Still, it is very interesting otherwise
    Heidinn veor- dark age mod for M2TW now recruiting scripter/coder

Quote Originally Posted by Meelis13 View Post
    what? someone wants to skip ME1? just dont do that. Its decent game, though it has slow as hell start, not to mention grindy sidemissions. Still, it is very interesting otherwise
    He probably got the message. Yeah, skipping ME1 is not recommendable. True, there's some grindy/boring stuff (Mako exploration!), but it's less than many open world RPG's.

I don't find the start slow. It pretty much throws you in right away.

I'm currently playing the Baldurs Gate games for the first time, that's what you can call a rocky start.

No discussion about ME4? I guess people aren't too optimistic

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

actually no, it kinda doesnt- you dont get to planet exploring fast (excluding Eden Prime) because first you need to find evidence against Saren
    Heidinn veor- dark age mod for M2TW now recruiting scripter/coder

Quote Originally Posted by Meelis13 View Post
    actually no, it kinda doesnt- you dont get to planet exploring fast (excluding Eden Prime) because first you need to find evidence against Saren
    Well yeah, that's exactly the positive thing. ME is about the story and the lore, and it throws you right in. That it doesn't bore you right away with the subpar exploration aspect is what makes the beggining not slow at all for me. Yeah the stuff at the citadel is a bit tiresome, but not that it makes the start slow as hell.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; December 06, 2016 at 06:02 AM.

The recent gameplay trailer looks pretty awesome I think. The biotic abilities look really fun, I'll definitely be taking that vanguard charge. Also... femgarrus and maleedi!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NOIzH6UcoW4
    Last edited by SturmChurro; December 11, 2016 at 04:15 PM.

It looks a bit too shiny for Mass Effect though. More like Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
    It looks a bit too shiny for Mass Effect though. More like Inquisition.
    Well I think a lot of the Inquisition team is working on it - according to an interview I saw on gameinformer. Though, the guy kind of talks in long circles when he answers. Still probably worth watching. It also uses frostbite as well. I probably missed what you meant though.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XM2yW3pgiHg

I'd link these to show the video, but I can't figure out how to on phone.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; December 13, 2016 at 12:44 PM.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

only thing i didn't like about the frostbite engine for inquisition is that character creation didn't really feel very diverse, you kinda just got the same look no matter how much you fiddled with the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus View Post
    only thing i didn't like about the frostbite engine for inquisition is that character creation didn't really feel very diverse, you kinda just got the same look no matter how much you fiddled with the settings.
    Yeah, what made Inquisiton's worse was that all the prebuilt heads looked to generic or samey too just inherently. All the Mass Effects also had that issue pretty bad too, unless you played like male shep or fem in 3. I hope in this game it's different. I don't think I like either of the defaults.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Preordered the game with 40$, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Preordered the game with 40$, couldn't resist.
    Really? You come across as a pretty sceptical guy, I think that's kinda bold at this point. I fear we're in for a disappointment, hope I'm wrong.

I was going to buy anyway, but the reason for preorder was so cheap and dollar value is raising in my country. So if i wait two more months, it will probably cost %40 more than it is now.

I'm expecting kinda disappointment too, but there aren't many games to play left for me and i mostly play FF14 atm.
    Last edited by gastovski; January 13, 2017 at 02:33 PM.

When was it discounted?

Still discounted, but i preordered only digitally (cdkey).

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Still discounted, but i preordered only digitally (cdkey).
    I take it you didn't get it on Origin?

I do plan on preordering it next month. I'd just end up paying full price for it anyway (usually), so I might as well see if I can get it on sale. I plan on getting deluxe though.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; January 18, 2017 at 04:57 PM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Woohooo. EA is charging money to play the demo, because you consumer. I hope this game flops.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Mass Effect Andromeda Official Cinematic Trailer #2:

Seems there's a female Turian in it. Don't think we've ever seen one before, right?

My main concern is the whole thing looks a little - cartoony. But still, I live in hope.

On an unrelated note, what was the logic behind changing the default femshep in ME3? What was wrong with her for the first 2?
    Last edited by Napoleonic Bonapartism; January 26, 2017 at 01:25 PM.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)