Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 4

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Mass Effect 4

Damn ... It's worse than I thought...

The press has played, and press has spoken....

- Orders are limited to: 1. Go there 2. Attack this.
    - You can't select and order your Squad mate to use specific skill, ability, they are using them automatically, they know better than player, what to do.
    - You don't need to worry about your squad mates, and they health, because they heal themselves automatically.
    - Combat...it's even more TPP shooter, also this time is doesnt matter which part of body of your enemy you shoot, it more like how many bullets you shoot
    so don't think about critical hit when you shoot someone in head.
    - Nomad is a nice car, controls are very good, the same goes too driving model, but Nomad don't have any weapons, meanwhile on every planet you can be spotted by many bandits or monsters.
    - Just like in Watch Dogs 2, you got kiddo crew that is over chilled out, specially in serious situation like this, and like always all they do is sill dry jokes from 9GAG.
    - Game looks good, but is not even close to The Witcher 3 or BF1.
    - So far no sign of QTE's.
    - There will be murder cases, so you can be a Space Detective.
    - They give a outdated ALPHA build to play, explaining that newer version is not very polished yet.
    - There were a performance problems (i5 6600k/GTX1070/8GB RAM) what's more funny, not everyone have those problems.
    - Skills are limited to 3 per profile, you can have 4 profiles, all profiles can be change in fly.
    - There is no active pause like it was in older ME games.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Damn ... It's worse than I thought...

The press has played, and press has spoken....

- Orders are limited to: 1. Go there 2. Attack this.
    - You can't select and order your Squad mate to use specific skill, ability, they are using them automatically, they know better than player, what to do.
    - You don't need to worry about your squad mates, and they health, because they heal themselves automatically.
    - Combat...it's even more TPP shooter, also this time is doesnt matter which part of body of your enemy you shoot, it more like how many bullets you shoot
    so don't think about critical hit when you shoot someone in head.
    - Nomad is a nice car, controls are very good, the same goes too driving model, but Nomad don't have any weapons, meanwhile on every planet you can be spotted by many bandits or monsters.
    - Just like in Watch Dogs 2, you got kiddo crew that is over chilled out, specially in serious situation like this, and like always all they do is sill dry jokes from 9GAG.
    - Game looks good, but is not even close to The Witcher 3 or BF1.
    - So far no sign of QTE's.
    - There will be murder cases, so you can be a Space Detective.
    - They give a outdated ALPHA build to play, explaining that newer version is not very polished yet.
    - There were a performance problems (i5 6600k/GTX1070/8GB RAM) what's more funny, not everyone have those problems.
    - Skills are limited to 3 per profile, you can have 4 profiles, all profiles can be change in fly.
    - There is no active pause like it was in older ME games.
    No ability control isn't the best design choice. I hardly ever did actually use it, but when I did it was mostly because the squad were idiots (or it was bugged out like Ashley in 3), but the fact that you can't actually tell them when EXACTLY to do a biotic explosions, etc. is regrettable. In the new video they show you can have them do combos, etc. specifically, but yeah on AI's terms not your own. Not that great, but not something really THAT bad.
    Last edited by SturmChurro; February 24, 2017 at 01:35 AM.

To be honest most of the press seems to think it's looking pretty good, and from what I've heard I'm inclined to think the same. Main concerns are that the versions they played are quite buggy, but it's a press build and apparently around 5,000 bugs have been squashed since the version the press played.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)

My biggest concern is childish/unprofessional squadmate writing and godawful looking characters. Not one good looking/eye candy female or male to romance.

My biggest concern is childish/unprofessional squadmate writing and godawful looking characters. Not one good looking/eye candy female or male to romance.
    I think vetra is nice (I mean comon it's a female Turian not a lot of those!), and the Natalie Dormer asari is pretty nice, pebee is unique which I actually like....all the other ones so far, yeah kinda ugly lol. I'm not going to use default male or female though. I'll probably romance Vetra first just cause it's the first female turian. The behavior of the new main character and squadmates has been pretty known for a long time that they would be more young and childish in a way, so I've been just preparing for it, and hoping for at least a couple more mature characters.

Yeah. I want my Tali, I want my Garrus, I want my Mordin and I want my Miranda's behind. I think some of the aliens will be allright, but the human crewmates look like bore's.

So you want to buy the game just for eye candy females? this isn't what the game is about. There are many other games where you can satisfy what you want.

I haven't watched recent Peebee loyalty mission but from what i read in comments people disliked very much of it. Like how dialogue is cringy and voice acting is worse.

I haven't watched recent Peebee loyalty mission but from what i read in comments people disliked very much of it. Like how dialogue is cringy and voice acting is worse.
    It's like teens on spring break in space But they cut out the relevant dialogues to prevent spoilers.

The IGN guy playing made it all worse though.

After this, it's safe to say that this is a railway shooter like the other ME's. Activate console > horde of enemies spawns. And now they even have an AI that points out how it is. That's another point: they went wayy to far with their hand-holding here. Lowbrow game.

I don't really see what the problem is at all. The dialogue isn't really "cringy" we just have no backstory on why we are specifically doing this mission, or any backstory on her rival in it. Probably was a lot of stuff leading up to this combat section that we didn't see. My only real complaint is that AI telling you what to do like a tutorial/starter mission(s). I assume this isn't one of the first missions so I don't really see why the AI is pointing everything out to you.

Quote Originally Posted by SturmChurro View Post
    I don't really see what the problem is at all. The dialogue isn't really "cringy" we just have no backstory on why we are specifically doing this mission, or any backstory on her rival in it. Probably was a lot of stuff leading up to this combat section that we didn't see. My only real complaint is that AI telling you what to do like a tutorial/starter mission(s). I assume this isn't one of the first missions so I don't really see why the AI is pointing everything out to you.
    That's because we are braindead casual five year olds noobs who can't do search&explore things in the game. So the AI must point out the direction of every tiny details. Reminds me a DA:I mission that we must free the prisoners from the cave but we should search the key first. But when we start the search, after couple of seconds annoying prisoner gives us direction like she knows exactly where the key is, screw the immersion man...

All those human characters do seem to be really cringeworthy IMO... Lets see when the game is released....
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

At Begin, I am very excited to see this new Mass Effect that even I preordered and gonna go for 10 hours trial when it is available on next week. It might be slow start for me, because there are so many things to do and I heard many stuff about romances and features about this. Sadly there are no more paragon/renegade feature anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    At Begin, I am very excited to see this new Mass Effect that even I preordered and gonna go for 10 hours trial when it is available on next week. It might be slow start for me, because there are so many things to do and I heard many stuff about romances and features about this. Sadly there are no more paragon/renegade feature anymore.
    That's actually a positive thing imo. This system was so binary that it annoyed me to no end, especially in Me3. It was good for actions, but it really sucked in conversations. Either be a total jerkass or an over-empathic saint, and this multiple times in a single conversation. I'm no "every decision must be ambiguous with no clear good/bad way", but ME went way too far with the black/white thing. Most of the time I found neither option to be desirable, so conversations could be a real pain later on.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

New offical trailer for Mass Effect Andromeda

Fairly heavy on spoilers, it must be said. Although I guess that's the trend among trailers nowadays.

- John Ball (1381)

Preordering it now, just got the money to be able to anyway. I have not watched any of the gameplay, and don't intend to. Have not watched new trailer either. I was never interested in the 10 hours of early access either or whatever. I would rather not be restricted and keep playing.

UPDATE: I as barely able to order it this morning, because my purchase failed last night. The culprit? The bank had the entire state of California blocked, so any purchases originating from there including ORIGIN, would be blocked. It took me a lot of hoop jumping, and I should probably earn a medal for it, but I finally got the game ordered. Preload date is on the 17th and release is the 20th!
    Last edited by SturmChurro; March 14, 2017 at 11:25 AM.

I've been watching some of the gameplay they're showing recently and I have to say all in all it's looking pretty good. Very Mass Effecty.

- John Ball (1381)

Cant say i like very much the look on most of those characters. They do seem a bit teensy for my taste.

I DID end up watching the multiplayer video, and I must say it looks pretty good. Though it is more of the same, with the new, faster, more fluid, combat it should be more enjoyable than the 3rd. I hope they do continue doing what they promise and release free new characters and maps like the 3rd.

Last edited by SturmChurro; March 14, 2017 at 05:58 PM.