Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma 2: Imperium Aquilarum

Default Re: Roma 2: Imperia Antiquitas

I know that I said I liked it but Anna_Gein is right about using the mod name rather than the SPQR as a logo, after all it's empires (plural) of antiquity whereas 'SPQR' suggests that it's all about Rome.
    I'm still not too keen on the grey colour but I love the map that's behind it- have you tried a transparent white? it would help with the red links by providing more contrast, also look clean and fresh and the map would look good through it as well.
    It's good to see research content increasing, nice to see that there is progress.

Come and vote for the starting date for the main campaign!

http://www.learnmyself.com/poll5917x54FD47Cf-1

Primicerius

Default Re: Roma: Imperia Antiquitas

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen Man Lt. Richard Sharpe View Post
    2. We are not to sure about that yet, however (using your Spartan/Athenian example) you would probably be able to raise normal Spartan and Athenian troops. As for you Germanic tribes example, i'm not really sure yet because if they encountered Rome, though wouldn't have be able to raise legionary, but they certainly would have taken there stuff if they found it. If they encountered other barbarians, they would also certainly have taken there weapons and stuff, but probably would have retained there traditional style of warfare.
    Indeed, it would be easier for a fellow Greek faction to retain enemy style hoplites after conquest because of cultural similarities. The Germans would indeed take stuff from defeated foes. After the battle of Teutoberg Forest there were a number of Germanic warriors wearing Roman Lorica Hamata and Lorica Segmentata.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen Man Lt. Richard Sharpe View Post
    Ok, well firstly we would have to wait and see if CA has included any such features (unlikely, but still). If not, then we would have to study the game engine, the scripting languages possibilities regarding the game engine, then find a way to implement such a feature.

It would be great to include an army supply feature (probably won’t have supply lines though, just supply, but again we will have to wait and see about this). We have not began thinking of this feature just yet, because our member that are most familiar with the warscape engine are currently busy with research. After some of the research has been lifted off his shoulders, then we will be able to begin a much greater variety of concepts for features you have noted.

See first post, good research takes a lot of time.

Ok, firstly, there are people that enjoy historical realism over gameplay, like myself, so we will always have an audience, whether you're in that audience or not is a different thing. Secondly, we will be making few compromises, but probably not what you are expecting. We’re also going to be adding a heap of “what if” factors to the game that makes Total War so great. I’ve course, some factions will be underpowered compared to others, but that is what it was actually like, and where not going to give that faction a fantasy boost just for gameplay. I can assure you, there will not be always the 1 team steamrolling through every campaign.
    Can you guys do us a favour and remove AI bonuses. So the AI actually goes bankrupt and we can kill them realistically.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Can you guys do us a favour and remove AI bonuses. So the AI actually goes bankrupt and we can kill them realistically.
    On normal difficulty, there will be no bonuses or negatives for the AI, that's why it's called normal.

For harder difficulty there will be bonuses, to compensate for the retarded AI (this is only assuming the AI will be retarded, which in my opinion it wont be). For easy difficulty, the AI will get negatives.
    After the battle of Teutoberg Forest there were a number of Germanic warriors wearing Roman Lorica Hamata and Lorica Segmentata.
    After any victory in this time period, long before it and long after it, victorious armies salvaged the fallen's equipment. But this is unlikely it can be implemented into Rome 2.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    On normal difficulty, there will be no bonuses or negatives for the AI, that's why it's called normal.

For harder difficulty there will be bonuses, to compensate for the retarded AI (this is only assuming the AI will be retarded, which in my opinion it wont be). For easy difficulty, the AI will get negatives.

After any victory in this time period, long before it and long after it, victorious armies salvaged the fallen's equipment. But this is unlikely it can be implemented into Rome 2.
    As I've said in your Paradox thread they need to make this game harder without bonuses. Make the AI harder to defeat on different settings. Give us the option on whether or not to implement bonuses to give the AI more flavour if WE choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan113112 View Post
    As I've said in your Paradox thread they need to make this game harder without bonuses. Make the AI harder to defeat on different settings. Give us the option on whether or not to implement bonuses to give the AI more flavour if WE choose.
    Then chose normal difficulty

The harder difficulty only gives the AI bonuses, that's the only reason why it's harder

Durnaug's Avatar Campidoctor

"The Europa Barbarorum project began in January 2004, eight months before Rome: Total War's release"

Fairenoughski. I applaud your preparedness - the trait of a good commander! Good luck with this mod.

Primicerius

Then chose normal difficulty

The harder difficulty only gives the AI bonuses, that's the only reason why it's harder
    I'm sorry if I'm sounding to forceful. I'm also not sure if you get what I mean. I meant that you shouldn't have to give the AI an attack or defense bonus in a campagin on a hard difficulty to make them hard to beat. The reason I don't play on normal is that in every TW game to date the AI is stupid and not a very good competitor for a human player. Especially for those that are not new to the TW series. I always find that I'm putting a TW game on hard or very hard from the start. Even when I first buy it. They really need to fix normal at the very least. And it would be good to see CA make the AI bonuses a toggle on/off feature. As in the AI could be really, really hard to compete with on a basic level on hard or very hard but if you want it even harder toggle on the bonuses. I'm not bashing your mod ideas at all. Sorry if you thought that.

I know exactly what you meant at the start, no need to clarify.

What I am trying to say is that when you put the game on harder, the game doesn't actually get "harder" in your view (smarter and more challenging AI). The AI just gets bonuses. Nothing else to it. So if we take those bonuses away on harder difficulty, then the AI doesn't get any more challenging, it stays the exact same.

Do you get what I mean now?

Primicerius

I know exactly what you meant at the start, no need to clarify.

What I am trying to say is that when you put the game on harder, the game doesn't actually get "harder" in your view (smarter and more challenging AI). The AI just gets bonuses. Nothing else to it. So if we take those bonuses away on harder difficulty, then the AI doesn't get any more challenging, it stays the exact same.

Do you get what I mean now?
    Yes, I know what you mean and the way that most Total War games have that suck. Have you ever played with the Grim Reality Mod (or whatever its called) in Stainless Steel? Depending on the type of AI you choose you have the AI either performing or not performing certain tasks. Or not acting in a backstabbing or aggressive manner. If you're in a battle the AI either does or doesn't do certain things. Like not defending against flanking maneuvers, being suicidal, or being too passive. I'm sure if you'd count those as bonuses (or are they?).

Edit: Or maybe they should include an AI option like the Grim Reality Mod so you can select what kind of AI behaviour you want and then select a difficulty you want.
    Last edited by Dan113112; October 31, 2012 at 08:10 AM.

They are not up to us to decide if they're in the game or not. That will be hard-coded, therefore up to CA.

Simple, future will show off
    "See that they are well supplied with beverages, with their drink avidity satisfied by giving them as much beverages they want. Then they will easily get defeated by their lust of yeast as by roman arms" Tacitus, Germania 23

Quote Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
    Simple, future will show off
    Btw, I have added you to the team list like you asked

Indeed, it would be easier for a fellow Greek faction to retain enemy style hoplites after conquest because of cultural similarities. The Germans would indeed take stuff from defeated foes. After the battle of Teutoberg Forest there were a number of Germanic warriors wearing Roman Lorica Hamata and Lorica Segmentata.
    Where did you get this information? It is possible but i have never heard of this before. My information is that the sacrificed a lot of stuff, which is the main reason why we even have so good information about imperial roman legions, or melted stuff down and make their own things.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aemilius Lepidus View Post
    Where did you get this information? It is possible but i have never heard of this before. My information is that the sacrificed a lot of stuff, which is the main reason why we even have so good information about imperial roman legions, or melted stuff down and make their own things.
    Early on the Germanic migration tribes sacrificed looted items to their gods when winning battle against any enemy as well as romans, i.e. at battle of Arausio where the Cimbri and Teutons defeated the romans but didn't use the romans gear in aftermath. Roman scholars believes that they sacrificed the items to the gods.

About Teutoburger battle with Ariminus as protagonist, I will come to it when finishing reading Tacitus Germania!
    Last edited by Timotheus; November 01, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
    "See that they are well supplied with beverages, with their drink avidity satisfied by giving them as much beverages they want. Then they will easily get defeated by their lust of yeast as by roman arms" Tacitus, Germania 23

Quote Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
    Early on the Germanic migration tribes sacrificed looted items to their gods when winning battle against any enemy as well as romans, i.e. at battle of Arausio where the Cimbri and Teutons defeated the romans but didn't use the romans gear in aftermath. Roman scholars believes that they sacrificed the items to the gods.

About Teutoburger battle with Ariminus as protagonist, I will come to it when finishing reading Tacitus Germania!
    They sacrifized or melted the stuff too. One of the best examples is the famous mask. The seperated the valuable silver to melt it down and what we get was a lousy near worthles rest. Germans in Roman gear would make less sense, because they fought in a completly diffrent way in which flexibility had a high worth. Im comparing the roman amour is really inflexible and give less protection for german fighting style.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Default Re: Roma 2: Imperia Antiquitatis

Giving latin names is so ub3r$5 1337#

The starting date for the mod is 275 BCE

Horaay! something has been accomplished!. Now what.
    United we stand interenets! Nerdfighter.
    Warcraft Total War!
    Help Save a Wonderful mod that could
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273449
    You guys should register for the golden Symbol of Forum Oppression http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/89425f5ce60