Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma 2: Imperium Aquilarum

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Roma: Imperia Antiquitas

Quote Originally Posted by roarer View Post
    I have 2 questions immdiately :

1. How will you handle battle lengths ?

2. How will you handle units that are too expensive for minor factions to afford in history, but those minor factions eventually get rich after years of expansion in the game? In other words, what is the plan on things that are historical possibilities but did not happen? (e.g. Antioch III won his war against the Roman and united Macedon, Athens & Sparta under 1 banner? What units can he raised from Athens then?) (example 2: If German tribes reached the Black Sea, what fleets can they raise?)
    I'll give you answers from the Battle Mechanics and recruitment designer (aka me )

1) Our battle mechanics, just like the rest of our mod, will attempt in creating a highly realistic theme to the game, much more so than any other title you have seen so far. However, this will not be 100% accurate, because you won't want to be on your computer for several years, deciding the fate of Carthage. So, our mods mechanics will be historically inspired in the way the entire battlefield works, but not 100% historically accurate. Usually the way I do my battle mechanics, is try to make them as realistic as possible, then tone it down a bit.

2) Ok, recruitment, a very important aspect of the campaign game. Here are some of my concepts so far, but because its nearly 3 am, I'm gonna keep it extra short:
    Regional Recruitment, Cultural Simulation, Historical Flexibility, and that's it. I'll let you guys think about what these could mean
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Any idea how much we can do with R2: TW without toolset or will some of the toolset released work with it? I haven't been paying attention the results of mod conference. Primarily map I hope since if its the same engine underneath we'll have to see how much the map changed.
    come get some

a comprehensive official wiki across all TW games and most of all modding tools are up to come.

Thanks Craig and guys for taking care about that!

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Main_Page

also thankfully Jack Lusted posted some links on my request
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=564628

where we can find more information about the modding summit.
    reads very very interesting though it is much too read

> Steam Workshop integration will come for
    existent
    TW games ! that is really a great news!
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    Indeed, compare the medieval 2 mods to the empire, shogun and Napoleon. Fairly huge difference in overhauls
    *CoughTheGreatWarCough*
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Quote Originally Posted by bdd458 View Post
    *CoughTheGreatWarCough*
    Ya to me it seems like we can do about the same amount of stuff (except changing the actually engine and rendering like roma surrectum2.0) but it just take more work and time, and is harder so fewer people can do it.

Good luck with this- you guys could make a decent game something else!

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan III View Post
    Good luck with this- you guys could make a decent game something else!
    Thanks, thats the plan

Citizen

Blog Entries

But yeah, good luck guys .
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.

As i understand it, it will be way easier to cover the mod-tools of Shogun 2 in to Rome 2 when they are finally developed. Let us all hope that our best tool-creaters are able to make some within a year

So there is a big chance that we can do much more than in Empire, Nappy and Shogun. Even if just units can be modded it will be possible to create much more real unique units, simply because we have not just one culture.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

88HaZZarD88's Avatar Tiro

is great you decided to start this early

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

I really love all these pointless mod threads. How about waiting to see if Rome II will even be modable?

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post
    I really love all these pointless mod threads. How about waiting to see if Rome II will even be modable?
    This is why I added "Please note; good quality research take a lot of time, so where starting early so we can get a head start when the game comes out " to the op. Actually I had something much longer about trolls and pessimists, but Spenyi said we didn't need it. We are 99.99% sure that rome 2 will be modifiable in at least some way. And like we said above good research takes time.

Oh and please show me these alleged other pointless mod threads.

Btw thank you everyone who is being positive and supportive, I really was actually expecting more posts like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post
    A Total War game has never been un-moddable, and why would CA make their Rome 2 un-moddable when they have actually been trying really hard to keep this modding community going and even supplying their own modding kit? It's an obvious answer; it's because CA actually like people modding their games (why wouldn't they) and they want to keep it going.

Please everyone else, avoid pointless post like this

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

...apocalyptic...
    ...saving private ryan...
    maybe when R2 comes out you could start by undoing that?
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

Quote Originally Posted by yuezhi View Post
    maybe when R2 comes out you could start by undoing that?
    For the most part yes, but there might be some times and places where it is appropriate.

Citizen

Blog Entries

I think he was speaking specifically about the Siege of Carthage, and how it was an all or nothing assault and that many lives would be lost.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen Man Lt. Richard Sharpe View Post
    For the most part yes, but there might be some times and places where it is appropriate.
    If only it could come in a more natural way. There is already this annoying "unstable" camera when you look closer that prevent me to actually enjoy the fighting animation from closer. I don't want more horrible shiny feature. At least they could give the option to disable all of them.

This kind of statement is reducing my (surprising) hype for this game as I know what often happens when the devs want the player to push a button to see something awesome happening.
    Really nothing worse than this button for awesomeness.

We will see how development goes. We don't want a specific "saving private Ryan" them, or a "visceral" feeling. These might stay in our mod in certain aspects, MIGHT, but it's not because were purposely trying to achieve it, it's because it fits well

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by bdd458 View Post
    I think he was speaking specifically about the Siege of Carthage, and how it was an all or nothing assault and that many lives would be lost.
    i could or i not be talking about that. problem is the only proof I've seen of something other than an orange hue to the map is a single screen shot of what could be sunny skies; the one where a ship gets rammed.

About that orange, for some reason i find that colour depressing when it's used as lighting in battles and worst of all it's all over the place in that video. No game has given me this kind of mood swing since i played Aristeia for RTW.
    Last edited by yuezhi; October 21, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

We will go for a visceral feel, as that is very realist, but as far as saving private ryan goes, it will probably only be there when appropriate, which was very rarely. We will defiantly get rid of camera shake, as that is kinda annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by yuezhi View Post
    i could or i not be talking about that. problem is the only proof I've seen of something other than an orange hue to the map is a single screen shot of what could be sunny skies; the one where a ship gets rammed.
    Thats probably because most of the pics so far are from the siege of Carthage, im sure battles in the far east will have a much brighter look.