Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma 2: Imperium Aquilarum

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Roma: Imperia Antiquitas

Wish you the best for this promising project.

First question : did you change the mod website colour to be in accord to the talk of darker total war and visceral combat ?
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; October 19, 2012 at 09:59 AM.

Gaius Marius Maximus's Avatar Miles

Ave

then i wish for you the best of luck noble friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    Wish you the best for this promising project.

First question : did you change the mod website colour to be in accord to the talk of darker total war and visceral combat ?
    Not really, its just that the white didn't quite go, and I think the current color is much better until I get the actual website up

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen Man Lt. Richard Sharpe View Post
    Not really, its just that the white didn't quite go, and I think the current color is much better until I get the actual website up
    So it is just temporally.
    Well the website is already good. So I'm impatient to see it done ... along with the mod ... ..... and maybe even the vanilla game.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen Man Lt. Richard Sharpe View Post
    "Empires of Antiquity"
    That would be "Imperia Antiquitatis". I suppose, it being latin, you could reverse the word order to "Antiquitatis Imperia", but considering the tendency for people to use abbreviations for mods, in conjunction with CA's perceived programming skills that's probably not recommended.
    Last edited by Muizer; October 19, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    So it is just temporally.
    Well the website is already good. So I'm impatient to see it done ... along with the mod ... ..... and maybe even the vanilla game.
    LOL

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    That would be "Imperia Antiquitatis". I suppose, it being latin, you could reverse the word order to "Antiquitatis Imperia", but considering the tendency for people to use abbreviations for mods, in conjunction with CA's perceived programming skills that's probably not recommended.
    scrappy translation on my behalf. Thanks for spotting it out anyways. Would you be able to do some more translations for me?

And about the dark website colour; it was party inspired by CAs mention of a darker, more visceral side of war, but also because we like the colours
    Last edited by Biggus Splenus; October 19, 2012 at 09:41 PM.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

At least there is an interest to mod Rome II, warscape before the assemble kit did a number on the modding community.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    PS. Your avatar is gross
    My avatar is an American icon. She will remain in place.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    At least there is an interest to mod Rome II, warscape before the assemble kit did a number on the modding community.
    Indeed, compare the medieval 2 mods to the empire, shogun and Napoleon. Fairly huge difference in overhauls
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Never have I ever seen a mod that is announced before the game comes out. I wish you good luck.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    scrappy translation on my behalf. Thanks for spotting it out anyways. Would you be able to do some more translations for me?
    Maybe. My Latin is rather patchy though. It's been a long time since I did any translating, and that's most from Latin, not into Latin. But you can always ask for an opinion
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

apart from being technically good with pc (building rarther than programming etc) I studied ancient history and my dissertation was on the roman army. also studied latin A level which is rusty and am good with languages...

I have access to a uni library (royal holloway GB) so perhaps can offer my services in terms of research. no worries if you are ok on that score...

roarer's Avatar Tiro

I have 2 questions immdiately :

1. How will you handle battle lengths ?

2. How will you handle units that are too expensive for minor factions to afford in history, but those minor factions eventually get rich after years of expansion in the game? In other words, what is the plan on things that are historical possibilities but did not happen? (e.g. Antioch III won his war against the Roman and united Macedon, Athens & Sparta under 1 banner? What units can he raised from Athens then?) (example 2: If German tribes reached the Black Sea, what fleets can they raise?)

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    apart from being technically good with pc (building rarther than programming etc) I studied ancient history and my dissertation was on the roman army. also studied latin A level which is rusty and am good with languages...

I have access to a uni library (royal holloway GB) so perhaps can offer my services in terms of research. no worries if you are ok on that score...
    Thats great, we could defiantly use the help, il invite you to the twcenter group, and if you pm me your steam name il invite you to the steam group as well

EDIT I'm afraid that you will have to wait until Splenyi gets on, because I can't invite people to the group

Quote Originally Posted by roarer View Post
    I have 2 questions immdiately :

1. How will you handle battle lengths ?

2. How will you handle units that are too expensive for minor factions to afford in history, but those minor factions eventually get rich after years of expansion in the game? In other words, what is the plan on things that are historical possibilities but did not happen? (e.g. Antioch III won his war against the Roman and united Macedon, Athens & Sparta under 1 banner? What units can he raised from Athens then?) (example 2: If German tribes reached the Black Sea, what fleets can they raise?)
    1. It depends on how long the battles are in vanilla, but we are trying to make our game-play mechanics as accurate as possible, so hopefully that will correspond to good battle lengths. With the engine I don't think it will be possible to recreate the pauses that normally happened in ancient battles. You also probably don't want to spend 8 hours fighting one battle lol.

2. We are not to sure about that yet, however (using your Spartan/Athenian example) you would probably be able to raise normal Spartan and Athenian troops. As for you Germanic tribes example, i'm not really sure yet because if they encountered Rome, though wouldn't have be able to raise legionary, but they certainly would have taken there stuff if they found it. If they encountered other barbarians, they would also certainly have taken there weapons and stuff, but probably would have retained there traditional style of warfare.
    Last edited by General George S. Patton; October 20, 2012 at 08:44 AM.

Hi guys,

I'm going to stay at of the modding of Imperium Aquilarum for the moment, well at least until I know what CA offer with the new Rome 2. I think your jumping the gun a little, and I am very busy with my Youtube and work at present. When I get a clear picture of what Rome 2 has to offer or doesn't, I will jump on board and give you guys a hand with research if required still.

Quote Originally Posted by rfmgunner View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm going to stay at of the modding of Imperium Aquilarum for the moment, well at least until I know what CA offer with the new Rome 2. I think your jumping the gun a little, and I am very busy with my Youtube and work at present. When I get a clear picture of what Rome 2 has to offer or doesn't, I will jump on board and give you guys a hand with research if required still.
    Ok, no problem (we changed the name to Imperia Antiquitas btw) Oh and whats you youtube channel, it sounds cool?

I foresee this project succeeding in a shorter time than ever before. If you need any advice on the Roman army/equipment, do let me help you!

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Scipius View Post
    I foresee this project succeeding in a shorter time than ever before. If you need any advice on the Roman army/equipment, do let me help you!
    Absolutely Il Have you invited to the twcenter group

Wow, thank you so much!