Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma 2: Imperium Aquilarum

Fuzz's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Roma 2: Imperia Antiqvitatis

Hi. ^_^

Just inquiring as to whether you desired any further historical researchers? I greatly admire the ambition of the team, it reminds me of how things were when the development of Europa Barbarorum began, and so I would be greatly enthused to help you out in any possible manner, researching-wise that is. >.<

This is going to be an excellent start... >.< I know I'm not the longest or most well-known member of TWC and while I, admittedly, don't have a degree in History, I have always had a great interest in classicism, specifically the historical happenings within classical antiquity. My greatest knowledge spans the Mediterranean civilizations, specifically that of Rome (shocking, I know ). However, my interest does not end there. I am more than familiar with major and lesser known peoples of antique Europe - such as the Pergamese and Pontians in Asia Minor, the Dumnonii and the Catuvellauni in Britannia, the Carpetani and Ausetani in Iberia, Salluvii and Volcae in southern Gaul and, well, so on and so forth - and would contribute in any area directed towards to the fullest of my ability.

However, if you reached capacity, I more than understand. Thanks for your time, nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Hi. ^_^

Just inquiring as to whether you desired any further historical researchers? I greatly admire the ambition of the team, it reminds me of how things were when the development of Europa Barbarorum began, and so I would be greatly enthused to help you out in any possible manner, researching-wise that is. >.<

This is going to be an excellent start... >.< I know I'm not the longest or most well-known member of TWC and while I, admittedly, don't have a degree in History, I have always had a great interest in classicism, specifically the historical happenings within classical antiquity. My greatest knowledge spans the Mediterranean civilizations, specifically that of Rome (shocking, I know ). However, my interest does not end there. I am more than familiar with major and lesser known peoples of antique Europe - such as the Pergamese and Pontians in Asia Minor, the Dumnonii and the Catuvellauni in Britannia, the Carpetani and Ausetani in Iberia, Salluvii and Volcae in southern Gaul and, well, so on and so forth - and would contribute in any area directed towards to the fullest of my ability.

However, if you reached capacity, I more than understand. Thanks for your time, nonetheless.
    We would love to have you on the team
    I will have splenyi invite you to the twcenter group as soon as he gets online

Fuzz's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by General George S. Patton View Post
    We would love to have you on the team
    I will have splenyi invite you to the twcenter group as soon as he gets online
    Oh, excellent!

Thanks, dude. Happy to be of help!

Oh, excellent!

Thanks, dude. Happy to be of help!
    Just one problem, to be invited to a twcenter group, i think that you need like 30 posts, so you will have to get posting

Fuzz's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by General George S. Patton View Post
    Just one problem, to be invited to a twcenter group, i think that you need like 30 posts, so you will have to get posting

Gotcha', dude. Will do.

Blimey, you modders are fast off the mark: the game's nowhere near being released yet! I wish you luck though - all mods such as this are to be encouraged.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Blimey, you modders are fast off the mark: the game's nowhere near being released yet! I wish you luck though - all mods such as this are to be encouraged.
    Its never to late to plan ideas and do research!

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

What sort of experience do you guys have with modding? I'm not huge on mods myself - prefer normal versions mostly - but I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    What sort of experience do you guys have with modding? I'm not huge on mods myself - prefer normal versions mostly - but I'm just curious.
    It really depends on the mod, and what it is going for. It also depends on you. The only way to really see what a mod feels like is to play it.

OP updated with more cool artwork (logos)

Fuzz's Avatar Libertus

30 posts!

That was embarrassing...

But, yeah. 30 posts. The world bows before me.

30 posts!

That was embarrassing...

But, yeah. 30 posts. The world bows before me.
    I believe splenyi has sent you a visitor message about joining the group

Default Re: Roma: Imperia Antiquitas

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    I'm not sure their skin color is all that important, I don't want anyone to go over there and get the wrong impression. Other than that, interested to see if there is anything I can do.
    Skin color isn't but race is. I hate it when popular culture misrepresents people's history for PC reasons and essentially strips them of their heritage. Popular depictions create misinformation all the time.
    Bactrians will be Big 8. "Farther East" means Bactria.
    After the Iceni reveal expect the unexpected.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

I wouldn't go so far as to say they were striped of their heritage, but you can definitely count on us to portray every peoples and culture as accurately from the period as we can
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

YES! i can already tell this is going to be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by papoose View Post
    YES! i can already tell this is going to be epic!
    we sure hope so

Am I the only one that thinks that this actually is really sad and takes things a little too far?

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by LemonySniffit View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks that this actually is really sad and takes things a little too far?
    I don't think its sad. I think its poorly thought through considering the actual game is pre-alpha and hardly any information on it has been revealed.

Ye of little faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    I don't think its sad. I think its poorly thought through considering the actual game is pre-alpha and hardly any information on it has been revealed.

Ye of little faith.
    I think it is, I mean, the Creative Assembly says they refuse to rename the shield bearers to 'hypaspists' and you immediately get a group of I daresay fanatical fanboys here assembling a team to improve all the 'errors' the CA is GOING to make, while like you said the game isn't even in alpha yet.

It's just distasteful in my opinion and a bit disrespectful to the team working on Rome II, these are probably the same people who say "if the Seleucid Empire or Parthia are not playable factions I'm not buying the game, I swear!"

Anyway, if I knew how to rep you I would, you always seem to be a voice of reason in the darkest fanboy threads and are generally a cool poster. Rhetorical rep to you Sharpe.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I think it is, I mean, the Creative Assembly says they refuse to rename the shield bearers to 'hypaspists' and you immediately get a group of I daresay fanatical fanboys here assembling a team to improve all the 'errors' the CA is GOING to make, while like you said the game isn't even in alpha yet.

It's just distasteful in my opinion and a bit disrespectful to the team working on Rome II, these are probably the same people who say "if the Seleucid Empire or Parthia are not playable factions I'm not buying the game, I swear!"

Anyway, if I knew how to rep you I would, you always seem to be a voice of reason in the darkest fanboy threads and are generally a cool poster. Rhetorical rep to you Sharpe.
    Haha this has made my day.

lol whats with this "distasteful" Sharpe ass kissing.