Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma 2: Imperium Aquilarum

Icon6 Roma 2: Imperium Aquilarum

Imperium Aquilarum is a mod going through development for the Creative Assembly title, Total War: Rome 2. It is designed
    to give players the most historically accurate, realistic gaming experience possible with the Rome 2 game engine. We will be
    making use of the massive possibilities of the Rome 2 engine to hopefully offer an unbeatable experience, unaccomplished in
    previous Total War games. Realism is our primary goal. People say realism isn't fun? We believe it's the way realism is portrayed,
    some things simply can't be done due to the fact that it is a game, and people have limits of the patience. This goal of this
    mod is not to slow the battles down to a agonizingly slow rate so that they take hours. This accomplishes nothing gameplay or realism wise.

Imperium Aquilarum, translated to "Empire of Eagles", first started it's development one month after Total War: Rome 2
    was announced, and is the first mod ever for Rome 2. This mod was organised because there were already signs of The Creative
    Assembly sacrificing to much historical accuracy for gameplay, and we already had a feeling of the general direction that CA
    had taken in the development of their game. Despite the quality, and massive possibility's Rome 2 has to offer, it appears to
    have the same arcade feeling as Shogun 2. We plan to offer an alternative design and experience to what CA will offer, and
    in our views, a much more enjoyable realistic experience.

[COLOR=Black]Obviously a placeholder

The scope of this mod is to try and follow in the footsteps of the great Rome Total War, and Medieval 2 Total War mods such as
    Roma Surrectum, and Europa Barbarorum, and prove that these mods are not dead,
    and that Total War is still extremely moddable.

In pursuit of great realism and thus great gameplay, we first needed to go about polishing up the rough edges, features in the game
    clearly added simply for very very causal gamers who care neither for realism or historical accuracy. Some of these include the
    ridiculous projectile trails, and random in battle buffs. Next we will be diving into the battle mechanics, which currently are slightly
    too fast paced and unrealistic. (More to come here later)

Some of the more specifics to our mod (please note this is not even close to being finished, even the already written stuff will be edited)

Factions Rosters: Are a huge part of historical accuracy, and there is a lot to get right. First off,
    the units themselves, did they really exist? what weapons did they carry? what armor did they
    wear? How good where they? What where their tactical formation sizes? what was there individual
    unit spacing? And then the monumental task of skinning all of them with historically correct colors,
    and making the 3d models for there weapons and armor.

Campaign mechanics: Will be dramatically overhauled to provide a much more realistic, in-depth,
    and immersive experience. The economy will be reworked to fit the new recruitment system and
    unit sizes (more on this later). We also plan on reworking the pirate mechanics, and introducing a
    few more via scripts (more on these later). A area of recruitment system will be introduced that is as
    accurate as possible, because as CA themselves have said, when the player starts playing nothing is 100%
    accurate anymore, along with reworking the mercenaries. (more on campaign mechanics to come)

Visuals: In order to give this mod a sense of a total overhaul we will be redoing the standard stuff,
    like new menu and start up videos, loading screens, and artwork. On top of this however we have
    some unique ideas which we will not be sharing just yet...

Audio: Credit where credit is due here, CA have done a fantasitic job with the audio of Rome 2,
    however we have still managed to find something to make a bit better. First off we will be
    experimenting with changing the marching audio. As seen here, the marching sounds are great, but they
    are out of time with the troop's feet. This is most likely because this a a group formation sound.
    To counter this we will be experimenting with turning these sounds down/off while turning the
    individual units footstep sounds up, which should alleviate this "problem". Also, for thoughs of you
    out there who still want the nostalgia of Rome 1, we will be making a Rome 1 sound pack, with all the
    original music, and some of the more iconic sounds such as "Rome has conquered".

More on the AI, and naval battles to come.

Specific mod changes: I will update add specific features as they are implemented so that you can see
    what we are up to, and follow the progress of this mod. For now, I will have descriptions of the general
    ideas that we are trying to achieve. Please feel free to post your own ideas on this thread, they will be
    copied to a ideas thread that we have in our twcenter group, and then
    if it works in the mod, added to the plan thread.

The website (linky) is nowhere near finished, and some of the pages are still place holders. Suggestions for the mod and the website
    are welcome. To contact us, PM General George S. Patton via TWC. Thank you

We are currently recruiting people of all skills (see website for positions).
    We are in particular need of Skinners for 2D Textures

Imperium Aquilarum Development Group Members

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

General George S. Patton - Founder, General Modder, Website Developer, Esf editor
    GERULA666 - 2D Artwork
    Man of West Gondor - 3D Models
    Zolneirz - Scripting
    aztec - Weather, lighting
    Sheridan - Battle mechanics
    AveMetal - Textures, research, unit icons

If you have any questions, or are interested in in joining, please contact General George S. Patton via pm.
    Thanks for your time reading this, regards, IA Dev Team
    Last edited by General George S. Patton; February 12, 2014 at 11:19 AM.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Roma: Imperia Antiquitas

Me and Chosen Man Lt. Richard Sharpe are the founders of the mod, and so far we got 19 members

We need more though, so please contact us if your interested
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    Me and Chosen Man Lt. Richard Sharpe are the founders of the mod
    Though I believe it was my idea...

What if Rome 2 ended up being "historically accurate" and very "realistic"?
    ...Hypothetically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by katsusand View Post
    What if Rome 2 ended up being "historically accurate" and very "realistic"?
    ...Hypothetically speaking.
    Well then in view of your sig we are out of a job. But they already said themselves that its not going to be 100% historically accurate, + we will have other game-play and visual enhancements just like other mods

DELETED...
    Last edited by Biggus Splenus; August 11, 2013 at 05:02 AM.

So, we have the first mod for Rome 2. I think it's the first time we have a mod announced before the release of a Total War game.

Quote Originally Posted by totaltotalwar View Post
    So, we have the first mod for Rome 2. I think it's the first time we have a mod announced before the release of a Total War game.
    Bask in its glory

Any idea how much we can do with R2: TW without toolset or will some of the toolset released work with it? I haven't been paying attention the results of mod conference. Primarily map I hope since if its the same engine underneath we'll have to see how much the map changed.

No, a lot of specifics are not clear yet. But we are doing our research now, and then when these specifics become clear, we will decide how to implement them

I'm not sure their skin color is all that important, I don't want anyone to go over there and get the wrong impression. Other than that, interested to see if there is anything I can do.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

yeah, I put that skin colour thing there because I was trying to go into more depth with the information on the people, but then changed my mind, and forgot to remove that bit, thanks for pointing it out

PS. Your avatar is gross

EDIT: Website updated

It seems like you guys have alot on ur plate at the moment, my advise would be to work close with CA so you can have the knowledge needed to make a large scale realism mod. im hoping to see realistic unit names like europa barbarourm did, and historically accurate uniforms and colours, so the carthaginians wont be all white like we have seen so far. maybe even some more settements and different music, like i said work close to CA good luck and cheers to you guys for taking this beast on!

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Oh, a mod before the game is released...

This is going to go about as well as all those mods that were planned for Empire, I assume...

I mean, yeah, it's great that you guys are excited and all, but the game isn't going to come out for about another year. A lot of things can happen in a year, guys.

Good luck anyway, though.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

I wish you all the best! This is very exiting news!
    Originally Posted by Tyer032392:
    "The problem about having troops killing soldiers is that if CA implemented that, than they will earn the ire of Jack Thompson, and that is something CA doesn't need. If anyone doesn't know who he is, google "Jack Thompson"."

@ Semper_Fidelis - Indeed, some of us are working very hard (me to my limits, and chosen man is doing what he can in his limited spare time, just to name the senior members), but unfortunately not all of our team is showing a satisfactory amount of activity and work ethic, although I do understand that lives get busy. I have been trying to keep asking questions to Jack Lusted regarding some of the technical sides of the engine, and have been given some in-depth answers, which is great! and more than I expected. Hopefully I can someone get connected with a representative from CA and they can help me out/we can talk, but this will be hard, because I doubt much of them would check their VMs or PMs (because of spam and all)

@ ♘Top Hat Zebra - It has already been stated that we are merely going the historical research for our mod, and coming up with concepts for the game mechanics. Nothing is cement at the moment, and we will figure out how to implement our ideas and research when the information becomes available from CA.

Thanks to people showing interest, and +rep to those showing special interest
    Last edited by Biggus Splenus; October 19, 2012 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Semper_Fidelis View Post
    my advise would be to work close with CA so you can have the knowledge needed to make a large scale realism mod
    Just sent a message to Jack Lusted regarding this:

Hi there Jack, not sure if you answer your PM's (probably get spammed a lot), but I thought I would give this a go anyway.

You might remember me on the exclusive content discussions, how I have been asking a few questions regarding the technical side of the way units work.

The reason I have been doing this is because me and some friends are planning a mod for your Rome 2, and I would greatly appreciate it if maybe you guys down at CA could share some of this technical details with us, just so we get a feint idea of what our boundaries might be, modding wise.

I know that campaign aspects cannot be released at this time, but I would just like to ask for any information that can be shared with us at this time.

I know the chances of this are slim given the earliness of your game project, but I would love to get a reply.

If it is too early to be giving out this information to us, when do you think would be a relevant time down the track for this?

Thanks for your time in reading this, and we all hope you consider,

Regards, Darcy and the RRP team.
    Now I pray

Campidoctor

Well I suppose you can never start too early

Hope it goes well guys, keep us all informed!

Im pretty sure EB was started before RTW was released. Good luck though, regardless. Allthough I do hope RTW2 will be so awesome that it will not even need to be modded.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It's all very well and all, but since you have no game at hands it seems like your modding so far must be quite limited...

Quote Originally Posted by totaltotalwar View Post
    It's not...
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Page 1 of 27 123456789101126 ... LastLast