Thread: CTD's and frigates

Default CTD's and frigates

As I had a bit of input into this mod I thought I'd download it and give it a play test.

I'm working my way through the RTI campaign and have just begun the war of independence scenario. So, far everything has gone really well and I'm enjoying to mod.

The only minor issue was that I noticed that my sixth rate frigates in the last scenario were labelled as fifth rates which was a bit confusing.

However, a more serious issue has arisen in in this scenario which is causing the game to CTD during battles. It's difficult to identify the cause, but I have a feeling it is related to cavalry firing from the saddle. The only reason I say this is that it almost always seems to happen during an enemy cavalry attack, and on a couple of occasions I have distinctly heard a officer shout 'fire' just before the game crashed.

My cavalry don't have the ability to fire from the saddle so it must be a British unit if that is the cause.

I'm convinced that this CTD problem I have with my RTI campaign is caused by the British Heavy Cavalry. I've just fought the same battle again and once more it CTD'd just as the British heavy cavalry got within carbine range of my lines.
    Last edited by Didz; October 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM.

Default Re: CTD's and frigates

thanks for inputs (sorry to reply late)

- regarding Frigates, former 6.th rates models are just too big, they have 32 guns and based on British system they are more close to 5.rate(32 to 44 guns) than to 6.rate (24-28 guns), therefore they were renamed. small Corvette is now 6th rate Frigate and has 24 guns.

-RTI campaign units are unique, anyway none of units should be able to fire from saddle.. it looks like a bug with one of the units, as in normal campaign normal cavalry is actually used for early heavy cavalry who fought with pistols and swords, while late cavalry uses only swords. I will look into it.

What other units did you have in that battle? I have tested early heavy cavalry and its not the one causing it, at least in my tests it worked fine.. anyway i had one CTD in battle French vs Dutch, but this time it was once infantry touched each other in melee, anyway its possible it was caused by some other units i was not watching..

edit:

i just figured out that CTD... it was caused by too low values for KV_Rules divisors.. looks like they have to be higher than 1
    Last edited by JaM; November 03, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Cool, I'll have to give it another go.

if you still have it, post a save and i will test

I can't at the minute I'm in the middle of a vanilla United States Campaign. As soon as I've secured freedom and democracy for the entire world I'll reload your mod and give it another go.

sure thing maybe i will have next version ready by then..