Thread: Documentaries about African History

Default Documentaries about African History

Hey lads. Can anyone recommend a documentary on African History? I just want to watch something while playing Football Manager that can help me understand it better or offer new perspectives. I am not really buggered about any special era or place - though I think I may prefer west Africa. Something about the historical significance of Muslim Brotherhoods would be fantastic.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

Default Re: Documentaries about African History

There was a great series in the UK recently, 'Lost Kingdoms of Africa'. Not sure where you could find it online though.
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Default Re: Documentaries about African History

It's on Youtube. Thanks.

I also came across a slightly politicised documentary by Al Jazeera, but it was quite good.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgzSnZidGuU
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.