Thread: This-mod is TOP

Icon14 This-mod is TOP

I am so excited with this mod,u have to make it popular.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: This-mod is TOP

Unfortunaly its no longer updated
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

OK, it is no longer updated but it is Art! Pure Art! Damn astonishing Art!

This mod is spectacular and as Diocle said is pure art.
    But alas unless someone comes along and decides to continue modding this gem, we are lfet with what we have.
    oh how I wish some kind soul would create a super submod for this mod that has the following:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. RS2 Envronments
    2. New Music
    3. Make AOR Units available in custom Battle
    4. Combine the 4 roman factions into one with the SPQR units available in italy, the julii units available in Gaul, the bruttii units available in greece and macedon and the scipii units available in north africa, kinda like how they do it in roma surrectum.
    5. Adding new factions like, Baktria, Saka and Epiros.
    6. Fix several lingering bugs, like that one sarmatian unit that does Cantiberian Circle but isn't armed with a bow and doesn't shoot arrows.

Yet this is a pipe dream, My modding skills suck and all attempts I have made so far have failed. Gah, I wish someone who knew how to mod could do some of the stuff I wanted to do.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

hmmmm RS2 env would suffice...

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

With RS2 env its already great. I have also changed the animation for the romans to have them stabbing instead of slashing. After so much time playing a roman faction in other mods its funny beeing commanded by the Senate again.
    " You want me to to do WHAT? March into Gaul ??"
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

I agree with Visarion and Sertorio, RSII enviroment and stop! I like the 4 factions, it's a refreshing experience.......

What I would like it would be a longer campaign, till the end of II century = Commodus , I want Commodus (I've a story in mind for an AAR set in the age of the Marcomannic Wars and Commodus in my story will be not so evil....), this would be really a dream for me, but I could mod the timeline....

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

If you would like to change campaign end date I think all you need to do is just revrite it in your strat file (located in world/maps/campagin or something like this). I may be wrong though as I neved have a need to change the end date of the campaign in any mod yet

Btw. four roman faction should stay as they are. IMO, they give this mod its spirit and distinguish it from others. Only thing I dislike in this mod is Legio V Alaudae armed with axes.
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; December 08, 2012 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks! Demagogos! But sadly Res Gestae follows strictly the Historical dates for the reforms, so to change the end date you have also to change all the other dates, because I don't want a longer Campaign but only a Campaing displaced in the time, starting later and ending later......OMG!...my English is horrible! Sorry!