View Poll Results: Vote for your 3 favourite! Remember to use all of your votes.

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Submission 1

The results are hidden 0%
  • Submission 2

• Submission 3

• Submission 4

• Submission 5

• Submission 6

• Submission 7

• Submission 8

• Submission 9

Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAROTY I - Poll

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default AAROTY I - Poll

You have 3 votes, all of which must be used. If you are a contender you can not vote for your own entry.

Rules:

Directly, or indirectly, asking for votes or someone else asking for votes for your submission will result in an immediate disqualification, and a ban from the competition.

Advertising is allowed on this site only and you can only advertise the competition, submission threads, poll threads, and winner threads - not individual entries/authors. Failure to comply will result in an immediate disqualification, and a ban from the competition.

Poll thread results will be hidden during the voting period and will remain so. Only the competition organisers will be able to see the results and who voted for what. Anyone found viewing the poll results before they are released, excluding the competition organisers, will result in an immediate disqualification, and a ban from the competition.

You cannot vote for your own entry, and must use all of your votes.

If you are discovered to have breached any of these rules after entering , or indeed, winning the competition the submission that came second place will be entered, or in the case of poll results already ending, every entry will be moved up a position.
    More information can be found here. Please read this thread before voting.

Submission 1

For Glory, and the Republic!

RTW | Rome Total Realism VII | SPQR
    By Maurits

'For Glory and the Republic' isn't an ordinary AAR. No, it attempts to shed light on the people behind the republic which would become the mightiest empire of the known world. When reading this tale, you will become part of the lives of Publius, Valeria and an ambitious patrician from the house of Decius Mus. Their lives all come together in the wars that ravage the Italian peninsula around the year 280 BC. For years, Rome has expanded its borders and lived in peace. Now, the Greek king Pyrrhus of Epirus stands on the shores of Italy with his battle-hardened veterans and ferocious war elephants. Already, a consular army has been destroyed. Now, a young consul faces the Epirote might in battle. Will he manage to defeat their great king? Even so, more threats loom over the horizon. The great merchant empire of Carthage has taken Messana, while frictions between the two powers are increasing....
    Submission 2

Chaplain118

RTW: RS2.1

Rome 1-Turn

It is remarkable that the Kingdom of Ionia had survived for as long as it did. A brief twenty years of violent and often times quite bloody history exists only in rumors and hearsay. Little archeological evidence supports the existence of such a kingdom. However, the presence of three newly unearthed coins inscribed with Rex S. Pap. Cra dating back to this period seem to suggest that at one point or another, something of this Kingdom of Ionia must have existed.

What we know, we know very little of. However, there exist several broken Greek documentations to an uncertain date around the first century BC to mid first century AD. It spoke of a campaign by several Roman excursions and the establishment of a 'faithless kingdom, full of corruption and lascivious decadence that even the gods grew distasteful of.' One individual in particular that has been mentioned multiple times had been the eponymous Decimus the Coward, more commonly referred to in these documentations as the Coward King.

It has been mentioned that Decimus the Coward King held the Kingship to this fragile kingdom for nearly seven years, with the first two years being held by his father, Numerius Sulpicius Camerinus, whom sources say very little about but the Greek documentations claimed to have carved out a series of kingdom across all of Ionia, from Assos to Ephesos. However, renewed attacks by Greeks soon shrank this kingdom to just the lands around Ephesos.

However, when we turned to Greece itself, we found certain documentations of the long-established family of power in Athens that spoke of one of their sons, Numerius Aebutius Drusus, who was sent to Ionia on a Pilgrimage in order to restitute familial obligations--typically an euphemism by the Romans to denote seeking forgiveness for sins. Based on these two scant pieces of evidence, we begin our intrepid attempt at deciphering the histories of this elusive Kingdom. It was a central portion of the Eastern world. Its presence amongst a number of religiously significant structures cannot be ignored. Yet despite these factors, this Kingdom remains unspoken of in academic circles.

The excavations performed around the Ionian coast, particularly near the Temple of Artemis, revealed a number of clues that further support the notion that this Kingdom of Ionia truly was a Holy Kingdom and that the wars fought in its brief existence were religiously based in nature. The Kingdom of Ionia, for all intents and purposes, found itself beleaguered on all sides, its back pressed against the Aegean, its front facing a porous border that the Greeks could simply pour through at a moment’s notice.

Excerpt from “Forgotten History of the Ionian Coast” by C. Krieger Ph.D and J. Connelly Ph.D
    Submission 3

Primus Inter Pares - The Kievan Rus

Author: Radzeer
    Game/mod: MTW2 /Stainless Steel 6.3
    Faction: Kiev

The rise of the Kievan Rus through the adventures of commoner and noble characters between the cold forests of Novgorod and the deserts of the Holy Land. The seceded Grand Duchy of Azaq fights the Golden Horde, while a Catholic heir ascends and pushes the Rus into civil war. Blood, betrayal and heroic deeds: an epic story to tell why the Rus is the light.
    Submission 4

AAR information Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR

Author: robinzx
    Game: S2TW
    Faction: Takeda

Teaser “My brothers, today we are gathered because the peace we now enjoy is at an end. Thanks to all of you we built Suruga from the fallow wasteland we found to the thriving province it is today. As we speak, the Imagawa see fit to come and take from us the fruits of our labour. They seek to spill the blood of good Takeda folk for no more than a title that gives them little glory. For that they must be stopped – and utterly vanquished!

The Imagawa are but a mob of undisciplined, inexperienced ashigaru, and no match for the fierce warriors of the Kanto. The sight of you fills me with much confidence, and reminds me of the great honour bestowed upon me to be your daimyo. If I inspire any bravery in you then remember this: our ancestors fought for centuries to protect our homelands, and today you will add your names to our eternal glory. I do not expect victory to come easily, but I do expect us to prevail. This is the beginning of a long, hard struggle against these treacherous Imagawa dogs, but also the beginning of our most glorious of triumphs.

Go forth with pride, fight hard, and let the world fear the Takeda!”

“EI-EI-OHHH!!”

Submission 5

Of Glory Lost
    By RoyalNobody

E:TW DMUC 7.0
    A Great Britain Campaign

The colonies have fallen, lost to our greed, our arrogance. We live in the shadow of Catholicism, the shadow of Spain, of France. We tread lightly and whisper of past glory, of the old Empire. We are scared, feeble, fearing the wrath of our betters... No more. From the snowy hills and icy mountains of Scotland, from the rocky valleys and stretching flats of Wales, from the green fields and deep woods of England we shall rise again!
    Submission 6

An Orc In Skyrim

By: Chirurgeon
    Skyrim with many lore friendly mods

This was going to be difficult. A log ran across the gap to the rock and I would be completely exposed. I took some potions and made a go of it. I saw a fireball hurling at me and hit the tree beside me. It knocked me off balance as the concussion of the explosion hit my body. My momentum carried me forward but I was off to the side of the log. Miraculously I made it onto the log and tip toed my way across. I dismounted and smashed one of the witches to bits. I felt another fireball coming my way and this one connected. somehow I found my way to the tent on the rock and I was barely able to breath. My armor was smoking, I was coughing, and I could barely see. Readying my maces I charged out and smashed the hagraven as she came around the side of the tent. I did not kill her but I stunned her enough. Another witch charged me with a dagger hoping to hit me in the back. Not today. I spun around and snapped her arm like a stick. She then spun around and I connected with her skull crushing it and ending her life. The hagraven had time to recover but she was stuck between me and her enchanting table. I hammered her into a pulp and finally she succumbed to her wounds...
    Submission 7

Julian, The Savior Of Rome?

Mod: Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Iuliani

Faction: Imperium Romanum Julianorum.

Difficulty: Campaign – Hard, Battles – Medium.

Goals: To rekindle the glory of Rome, or perish in the attempt.

Preview:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Winter slowly came, and with it came the bitter winds sweeping down from the Armenian mountains, where battles still raged fierce, and entire cities were burnt to the ground in the flash of an eye. In the Roman camp outside the unnamed mansio, light freckles of snow now dotted the encampment, the tents rigid in the early morning frost, the last of the jasmine flowers slowly succumbing to bitter winter’s embrace. In the atrium of the mansio, a weary eyed and tired looking Oribasius sat by a small wooden table, taking bites of a stale piece of bread and asking a slave to fetch him a pomegranate, a fruit which he was most keen on. Behind him were two of the Domestici guardsmen, stood as statues protecting the Augustus’s room, the door to which was suddenly swung violently open...

Submission 8

- RTW/BI and with the mod: Somnium Apostatae Juliani

Faction - Valens

It is two years after Julian, the last pagan emperor of Rome, has died in the disaster of his Persian invasion and the east of Rome now is in chaos. A usurper has appeared to challenge the rule of the emperor Valens while all along the frontiers of the empire, the Persians and the Saraceni are rising up in war and revolt. For one lonely legion, marching south from Damascus to a transit camp, these events conspire to lead it out into the hostile deserts and ruins deep in the lands of the Saraceni. There, it must garrison an abandoned fort far from home; a fort riddled with betrayal and in whose shadow lies the awful legacy of a dead emperor.

Follow the exploits of the men and officers of the Quinta Macedonica Legio as it makes a final stand far from empire and succour only to discover that the sands of the past run deep and no one is quite who he appears to be . .

Preview:

I heard a low drumming start up in the distance then and turned to look back into the ruin of the gateway. A veil of smoke drifted across my gaze, twisting in a slow oily movement that made that part of the embankment seem forlorn and distant. One by one, I heard other drums echo that first and take it up into a stronger beat. Along the wall of the rampart, legionaries pulled themselves up and began lifting up their shields, strapping their helmets back on, and readying their spathas or those few long spears or heavy javelins that were left.

‘We don’t have much time. Pass out the last of the water. No use in leaving it for the Persians. Silvanus, once the arrows are exhausted, fall back to where Magnus’ lads are. Prepare to cover our retreat.’ I paused then and looked them all in the eye. ‘I won’t make a speech about the Quinta. There is nothing I can say that we haven’t heard a hundred times before and from better commanders than I. Know this though - we have won. This, all this, their anger and their rage, their determination to follow us here into the pits of Hades itself, is nothing but the valediction of our laurels. We have won. The Quinta is triumphant. This is the final place we have been seeking. The last jot of earth we will ever fight over and we will water it with our blood rather than retreat or surrender. What are we, commilliatones?’

Octavio spoke up. ‘The Fifth, Dominus.’

‘The Fifth, indeed. And what is the Fifth then?’

‘Ever loyal, ever faithful, Tribune.’

‘How many times? How many?’ I said, mouthing that ancient litany.

As one they all spoke, their words tired and dry, their faces old and worn – ‘Seven, Felix, seven times.’
    Submission 9

A Tale of Pagan Vengeance

There shall come a time when the land has fallen to wickedness, where honor has no meaning and kinship no value. The many gods do battle against one of their own for supremacy in Heaven as well as on Earth. Armies of faith shall clash and the land will be stained red.

From the East shall come one sent by the gods but of no gods; of this land but not of this land; born of man but without father or mother. The one will darken the skies and cause the very ground to tremble. The one will come clothed in fear and cleanse the land in fire and blood; leaving nothing behind but death and sorrow.

The one shall be the many gods’ mightiest champion fight but, in the end, will cause their destruction.

The one will go by many names, but you shall know the one by the name: Shiva – the Destroyer of Worlds.

The one will be the end of us all.

- Ancient Pagan Prophecy.

Author - Skantarios
    Game - Medieval 2: Stainless Steel 6.3
    Faction - Cumans

This is the tragic and epic story of Juvage. A son of Lithuania but a warrior of the Steppes. His twisted and tragic beginnings beget a quest for vengeance that consumes not only him but the entirety of the world around him. He fights for his honor, the memory of his lost family, the favor of the war god Kovas, and the sheer joy of battle and death. In his thirst for revenge, he shall face down not only the warriors of the Mongols, the Lithuanians, the Rus, and the Teutonic Order but also the very gods themselves.

Good luck.

The poll will end on the 29th October 2012.
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; October 17, 2012 at 10:52 AM.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Default Re: AAROTY I - Poll

Voted - and good luck everyone! May the best AAROTY win!
    Last edited by SeniorBatavianHorse; October 15, 2012 at 06:17 PM.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Voted! Good luck to all you amazing AARtists and remember that you are all winners already

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Voted. Best of luck to all!

For those of you who did not use all the votes, please PM me your additional choices!

Using all your votes is mandatory!

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Voted

Rex Anglorvm's Avatar Wrinkly Wordsmith

Voted - Good luck to all entrants

Voted. Good luck all!
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Voted! Good luck to all of you, and may the best writer win!

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

Good luck everyone!

Not voted yet, going to try and read through as many as I can before I do.

Voted, good luck as they say!

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Voted but I sort of feel dirty and somehow sullied because I had to choose only 3 and I've let the others down by not voting for them. Still, good luck all, a 9-way tie would seem about fair

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I have voted, my dear friends.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Inspired by the Gods, I voted.

I consulted the augurs and my votes hath been paced.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ybbon66 View Post
    Voted but I sort of feel dirty and somehow sullied because I had to choose only 3 and I've let the others down by not voting for them. Still, good luck all, a 9-way tie would seem about fair
    Don't even dare we've seen quite enough tie-breakers to last a century!

Ganbarenippon's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There are some amazing stories, and writers here. It was incredibly difficult but I've voted. Good luck to all of you.

Ciloron's Avatar Vicarius

Voted, good luck everyone

Voted.

Voted. Great AARs up there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast