Thread: Star Wars

Default Star Wars

I do not know how to mod (though i would love to learn how) but i was wondering if any of you brilliant modders out there wanted to take up this idea. I have heard the map is un modifiable but the animations would be perfect for a light saber duel dont you think? I thought that the vertrans and special units could be re skined like the assassin could be a sith assassins vetrans a clone commander? I just thought it would be cool and plus i saw no one else had one going.

Default Re: Star Wars

pity

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Creating a unit using the unit editor takes just 5 minutes. Just try it.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Yeah, it can be done. The maps are moddable, the campaign could be modded but would suck arse because of the Japanese castles. The best compromise I can think of is instead of having a traditional total war (free-form) campaign what could be done is a sequence of "historical battles", these battles are moddable, these could be sequenced and centered around a character to tell a (relatively) linear narrative.
    Being something of a Star Wars nerd and total war fan-boy I have given this a lot of thought, the most suitable period for a shogun 2 mod in star wars history (where mostly lightsabres are used) is called the Ruusan_campaign which happened at the end of the thousand year sith wars (also a thousand years before the movies) and heralded the age of "the rule of two" tradition in the star wars we see in the movies, before this campaign there were tens of thousands of sith (the perfect scale for total war). The armies of the republic are non-existent the only thing stopping the dark-brotherhood is the jedi's army called the order of light which is composed like a feudal army with lords, knights, padawans and attendents, just like samurai really, orbital bombardments can finally be simulated. All the pieces fit except the will to make the mod by anyone with the ability.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

nice idea himster. seems legit

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Here's a link so everyone can know what I'm talking about: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ruusan_campaign
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

UpNSmoke225's Avatar Libertus

Would be badass but CA recently shut down DarthMod 4.3++ on the Steam Workshop because Darth's loading screen featured Darth Vader (as it always has lol). So as awesome and epic as that would be..it'd be hard to promote due to the copyright act CA abides by. This forum generally has to follow suit also

«Sent via Tapatalk for Android»