115 17.86%
  • I am from outside the UK - Yes

260 40.37%
  • I am from outside the UK - No

196 30.43%

Thread: Scottish Independence Referendum is agreed: vote in 2014

Default Re: Scottish Independence Referendum is agreed: vote in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    As you are aware, the SNP proposed holding the vote on the date of the Battle of Gibson. I don't know why you pretend you don't know this.
    Give me one time, just one singe source, that the SNP proposed holding the referendum on the anniversary of Bannockburn.

What a load of mince.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Declaration of Arbroath, 1320AD

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...mond-poll-date

Dunno why I am surprised about how little you know about this anymore.

Senator

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...mond-poll-date

Dunno why I am surprised about how little you know about this anymore.
    Lol, yet again you can't read your own source. Where anywhere does it say that the referendum would be on the date of the battle. It's merely the Guardian saying that this happens to be 700 years after the battle.

" the Scottish first minister unveiled plans to stage his independence poll in the autumn of 2014, the year of the 700th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn."

Does that imply to you that Salmond specifically asked for the 24th of June?
    [M2TW AAR] The Spirit of the Blitz (16 turn long campaign victory with Sicily)
    [RETROFIT AAR] World War 0 (All factions hotseat)

Did I say salmond specifically wanted it? Learn to read yourself before flaming.
    Last edited by removeduser_487563287433; March 22, 2013 at 03:26 AM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by neoptolemos View Post
    Yes we get it WS you are a nationalist.
    Either you are opposed or not is the Scottish people that will vote for their self-determination.
    Well of course they will, as is there right. I just hope they vote the right way.

Also, I prefer the term "Unionist"

Senator

Did I say salmond specifically wanted it? Learn to read yourself before flaming.
    You're claiming that the SNP's reasoning for holding the referendum in 2014 is because of it being 700 years after a famous battle, your source does not back this up. This is similar to your source that proved there was a massive upswing in nationalism after Braveheart.

Did I say salmond specifically wanted it?
    Yes.

As you are aware, the SNP proposed holding the vote on the date of the Battle of Gibson.
    I'm wondering why the mods don't ban you for wasting everyone's time and spamming up the thread.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Sir Pignans's Avatar The bringer of cheese.

I believe they were only rumours.
    90% of teens would die today if facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

My Political Profile.

Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

New poll out today shows that the independence camp need only a 5% swing to achieve its aims, with a whopping 18% undecided.

SNP =/= Salmond. Scottish education should worry less about history and more about literacy.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by calicheSCOT View Post
    New poll out today shows that the independence camp need only a 5% swing to achieve its aims, with a whopping 18% undecided.
    Support has grown by two points since January to 36% and opposition has fallen by one point to 46%, while 18% were undecided, according to the Panelbase poll for the Sunday Times and Real Radio.

Among those whose minds are made up, the results show the pro-union Better Together campaign leads by 56% to 44%.
    For pro-independence group Yes Scotland, the poll shows attention will have to be focussed on female voters.
    A total 47% of men support independence compared with 25% of women, with the gap growing by seven points since January.

Opposition stands at 40% for men and 52% for women.
    From the source.
    It seems to me that Scottish women don't give a toss about independence and this is unlikely to change in the future.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Senator

SNP =/= Salmond. Scottish education should worry less about history and more about literacy.
    Your source didn't say the SNP wanted it either, worry about your own literacy.

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

Ferrets you did indeed say the SNP were planning on holding the referendum on the date of the anniversery of Bannockburn. This is not true as has already been shown. And was shown by your source. And Bannockburn was fought by Bruce not Wallace, you may wish to read up on your Scottish History before trying to make a derogatory comment.

Winston Smith you may prefer Unionist but you are indeed a British Nationalist.

And the poll seems to be good news. We seem to be slowly winning people over.
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Of course, what none of you are admitting is that support is still down over the last year. But hey. Facts.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Excellent news. As separate nations, English nationalism shall flourish as much as Scottish nationalism has. A great deal of money can be saved by cutting the dead-weight loose aswell.

Scottish independence = a chick leaving the nest for the first time! More than likely, a chick which cannot fly though.
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

Senator

Of course, what none of you are admitting is that support is still down over the last year. But hey. Facts.
    Since when have fact gotten in the way of the Scottish Nationalists? They've lost (if they ever had) the moral and political highground, so now they resort to bare-faced, tongue in cheek lying.

Union, Parliament and Monarchy!

Quote Originally Posted by andysmfc13 View Post
    Ferrets you did indeed say the SNP were planning on holding the referendum on the date of the anniversery of Bannockburn. This is not true as has already been shown. And was shown by your source. And Bannockburn was fought by Bruce not Wallace, you may wish to read up on your Scottish History before trying to make a derogatory comment.
    He's publicly demonstrated on many occasion he can't keep up with the debate so don't bother wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Æthelstan View Post
    Excellent news. As separate nations, English nationalism shall flourish as much as Scottish nationalism has. A great deal of money can be saved by cutting the dead-weight loose aswell.
    What dead weight would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Æthelstan View Post
    Scottish independence = a chick leaving the nest for the first time! More than likely, a chick which cannot fly though.
    Scotland's more like a husband who has realised his wife has been far too flighty with the credit card and wants a divorce. You can keep the kids too.
    Last edited by Darth Red; March 25, 2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: personal reference

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

I am also opposed to the Scottish independence but what i can not understand is the whole aggressive stance the British nationalists hold.
    Relax people.Let the Scottish people express with democratic means their self-determination and accept the result be it independence or not.If the Scottish nationalists ignore facts or underestimate the lack of progress of their cause it is their bad.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Quote Originally Posted by neoptolemos View Post
    I am also opposed to the Scottish independence but what i can not understand is the whole aggressive stance the British nationalists hold.
    Sweeping generalism, worth nothing.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by calicheSCOT View Post
    Stop feeding the troll. He's publicly demonstrated on many occasion he can't keep up with the debate so don't bother wasting your time.

What dead weight would that be?

Scotland's more like a husband who has realised his wife has been far too flighty with the credit card and wants a divorce. You can keep the kids too.
    ​More like a deadbeat husband.