115 17.86%
  • I am from outside the UK - Yes

260 40.37%
  • I am from outside the UK - No

196 30.43%

Thread: Scottish Independence Referendum is agreed: vote in 2014

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Scottish Independence Referendum is agreed: vote in 2014

=6th Vigil;14103250]Come now, there is no need to exaggerate things in Scotland. There will always be extremists in every camp and they shouldn't be allowed to tarnish the debate's credibility. Anecdotes aren't going to give us a clear picture of the atmosphere up there.
    Nationalists my friend, they are all the same.

BNP are the same group just in another part of the UK ;p. It's like having BNP run england, but for scotland its good man salmond and his mob.

Of course i cant really get to involved because i have only spoken to them over the phone but the fact that a blind man was pushed down and spit on just for saying he will VOTE no proudly has already drawn the picture for me and many other scots down their. Salmond has turned scotland into something barbaric. It seems the country has somewhat fallen apart its 50% NO & 50% YES.

Whatever the vote if its a NO vote the YES voters the majority will turn their hatred towards the NO crowd.

But yes indeed i am now ending my post activity here until tomorrow.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I completely reject the comparison of self-determination nationalism with neo-Nazism. The first seeks national independence, whereas the latter seeks the subjugation of other nations.

Was George Washington a fascist for seceding from Britain?

Neil McKay (Sunday Herald) says rumours postal vote is breaking to yes.

According to London School of Economics, this is how (based on opinion polls) the regions are likely to vote.

Last edited by Geronimo2006; September 18, 2014 at 11:46 AM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

It looks better in all years apart from 2012-13.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

If its YES then I can't wait for all the Little Britain jokes and all the Braveheart references.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Where's Poach!?!?!?!

Reports the Labour party have designated George Robertson to lead a campaign to have a yes vote nullified on grounds of "intimidation" and that Milliband has approved this. So much for the partnership of equals.

George Robertson has been designated by the Labour Party to lead a campaign to have a Yes vote nullified, on the grounds of campaign irregularities, intimidation and overspending. This has been agreed by Miliband’s office. One of the great advantages of being a small country like Scotland is that you very easily discover what is happening through family and social connections.
    The media propaganda about “violent nationalists” is designed both to try to sway undecided voters to No (along with the disgraceful Gordon Brown “if you don’t know, vote No” slogan), and to provide ammunition to question the validity of the decision when they lose.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Are Scotland going to score an OG?

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Voted No this morning and offended some fat nationalist when I said '...what?' to whatever Gaelic he'd blubbered at me. He looked genuinely upset to have to repeat it in English: how dare I not speak Gaelic in a country where 99% of the population doesn't speak it!

Geronimo: An odd table, because of the 9 most recent polls (post big, big debate), 4 break down by region, and 3 of the 4 put 'West Scotland' majority No: the Yes vote in 'West Scotland' is 53%, 45%, 37.5% and 32.7%. How did the London School of Economics reach the conclusion that it will be one of only two areas to vote majority Yes? An average of the four numbers above is 42.5%.

Similarly, Central Scotland in those four polls has Yes support at 43%, 52%, 38.8% and 38.3%, averaging at 44%.

Poll 1
    Poll 2
    Poll 3
    Poll 4

Furthermore postal ballots will not be opened before 10pm tonight along with the rest of the votes: rumours that they're being counted already are falsified, or proof that the election organisers are acting illegally.
    Last edited by Poach; September 18, 2014 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Voted No this morning and offended some fat nationalist when I said '...what?' to whatever Gaelic he'd blubbered at me. He looked genuinely upset to have to repeat it in English: how dare I not speak Gaelic in a country where 99% of the population doesn't speak it!

Geronimo: An odd table, because of the 9 most recent polls (post big, big debate), 4 break down by region, and 3 of the 4 put 'West Scotland' majority No: the Yes vote in 'West Scotland' is 53%, 45%, 37.5% and 32.7%. How did the London School of Economics reach the conclusion that it will be one of only two areas to vote majority Yes? An average of the four numbers above is 42.5%.

Similarly, Central Scotland in those four polls has Yes support at 43%, 52%, 38.8% and 38.3%, averaging at 44%.

Poll 1
    Poll 2
    Poll 3
    Poll 4
    3 Survation and one ICM. But no Panelbase, Yougov or Ipsos-Mori? I think you need to take the whole range of polls to cancel our statistical "noise" due to possible bias in a companie's methodology. I don't mean a political bias - but rather perhaps their turnout models don't reflect likely turnout especially of younger voters who you'd expect to be more anti-Establishment. This was also an issue for pollsters like Rasmussen in 2012 when they underestimated the Obama vote because they didn't pay as much attention to non-landline voters. We shall see.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Scotland's a tad too cold for Florida.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    3 Survation and one ICM. But no Panelbase, Yougov or Ipsos-Mori? I think you need to take the whole range of polls to cancel our statistical "noise" due to possible bias in a companie's methodology. I don't mean a political bias - but rather perhaps their turnout models don't reflect likely turnout especially of younger voters who you'd expect to be more anti-Establishment. This was also an issue for pollsters like Rasmussen in 2012 when they underestimated the Obama vote because they didn't pay as much attention to non-landline voters. We shall see.
    None of those three poll on your location. I went through the previous 9 polls (all those released after the Big, Big Debate) and only those four provide polling based on location.

Dante Von Hespburg's Avatar Sloth's Inferno
    took an arrow to the knee

Voted yes.

Just wanted to scare people. It was a no . Now for me, my girlfriend and some mates to wait until 7 (so it's respectable) and get plastered, thus waking up hungover tomorrow, sometime in the afternoon to a complete surprise to what country we're in.

Looking at the very very last 4 polls, it seems to point that i'll be waking up in the UK.

Ipsos Mori: Yes 47%, No 53%
    The three polls released on the eve of the referendum suggested the following:
    • Ipsos Mori: Yes 49%, No 51%
    • YouGov: Yes 48%, No 52%
    • Survation: Yes 47%, No 53%
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...t-tracker.html

On the other hand, it's legitimately too close to truly call.
    House of Caesars: Under the Patronage of Char Aznable

Proud Patron of the roguishly suave Gatsby

The DKs will decide it though. Those polls are with DKs excluded.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Given all the Polls I've seen up until now - bar that one scare poll a few weeks ago, seemingly a one-off may I add - I will pretty confidently wager a 'No' result in the 52% kind of area.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?

- John Ball (1381)

Dante Von Hespburg's Avatar Sloth's Inferno
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    The DKs will decide it though. Those polls are with DKs excluded.
    i doubt even the don't knows will decide it my friend. Quite a few 'decided' voters have seemingly once in the booth changed their votes (both Pro and against). Once your alone with card, with no other pressures just your own thoughts. Things get very different- hence why i honestly' can't say what the outcome will mean. Polls of any kind are only good for the most basic of ideas in all honesty, especially in this case.
    House of Caesars: Under the Patronage of Char Aznable

Proud Patron of the roguishly suave Gatsby

Max Keiser is tweeting that some no's are voting yes because they don't want "to betray Scotland" (his words).

Also claims the wording of the question ("Do you want Scotland to be an independent county"? as opposed to "Do you want Scotland to leave the UK?") may be a turning no's to yesses.

Tell me Dante (if you want). It has been claimed by pollsters that there is a class divide on the referendum. Are you finding that?

Also is this how members of the same "family of nations" should be treating each other (see below).

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I like how it's the Irish person posting all the pro-Yes propaganda in this thread.

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

My bleeding heart.

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

I've not seen a massive class divide. Despite the stereotype of Yes being a vote for the people and all that nonsense most yes voters I know personally are insufferably bourgeois. In particular one girl I know who studies at St Andrews is the most vocal Nat I know, but then she does study Theology at a 2nd rate university so it's not like she's got an economic future to protect. She thinks we can end people using food-banks if we vote yes, it's rather cute actually. My polling station was at a community centre in a more rundown estate on the southern edge of Glasgow and the presence at the door seemed overwhelmingly No.

Anyways, I've voted. Felt strange voting for the first time on such a momentous occasion.
    Last edited by Gatsby; September 18, 2014 at 01:34 PM.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    I like how it's the Irish person posting all the pro-Yes propaganda in this thread.

It seems a great many from outside the UK feel compelled to speak out. Especially Americans "I'm 1/36 Scottish"