Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    This is a little complex, it requires the use of Symphony tool to decompile the sound banks. It generates XML and csv file.
    the XML associate "sound event" to "event" and "item" (exemple if "event" = selected, and "item" = "French_Grenadier_Unit", then "sound event" = "French_Grenadier_Selected".
    Then in the csv file, for each "sound event" you can define parameters, such as the volume, distance, repetition... and a list of mp3 files.

And once you have modified it, you need to recompile.

And any change in the unit table (to add, remove, rename or reorder units) need a recompilation.
    Thanks for your time Steph, but that's well above my capabilities.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

That's why I suggested you list the sound volume issues, so I can see how to adjust them.
    Alternatively, you sould edit the mp3 file itself.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

There's no sound problems for me with your mod it's fine as it is.

What I've done is made a sound mod for LEM4 from your MoE_Audio.pack,mod_NTW_GD_artillerysound,mod_DiggyPoPmuskets & fieldmusicianssounds from NTW3_Fx1_v5. What I wanted to do was to make the fieldmusicians sounds a bit louder.

Civis

Hi, its me again !, i must be annoying as hell but i just have another idea with the campaing, im in half 1806 and i have to say im enjoying the run , all the armies are beating the cr@p out of them and its awesome!!!, and in the first year everyone was pushing foward some direction,russians and austrian managed to capture wurttemberg by august, and bavaria is holding the best it could. I witnessed wave after wave of ruskies and aussies clashing outside munich desesperatly trying to capture it, but bavs managed to bravely hold the ground below them, and then ottomans managed to take hungary and galizia and oppened a second front on the east!, i even have to send an army to patrol south poland in case ottomans decide to invest on it ;D **polandball giggles intensifies**.
    And then...I notticed a nation was missing in all that brutal risk gameplay, france had literally done nothing in all that time :c, they just recruit and recruit guys and send then to brusseles so there is a giant blob of french "one-stack armies".

Its pretty sad to see how any of the marechals or even napoleon himself are doing anything with their war effort. Of course maybe im just jumping into conclussions because i only have one and a half year campaing behind me but, the "allies" are already in french border, when historically it was the other way, also i know this is still beta test so thats why i posted this here and not in the bug thread(because this is not a bug by itself)but is more a suggestiong, if you could increase french agressiveness up, and make them a bit more "protagonist" could be good, i mean, im not saying in making them a steamroller uber faction from paris to berlin in one horse kind of aggresive, but, you know, after all, they had to make seven coalitions aggainst le petite corporal......So for example, i like to play with prussia because is one of the few neutral factions in the time of the fourth coalition, and i enjoy seeing how everyone smack the snort out of each other while i eat popcorn before i decide a side and charge with the flight of walkyries as my soundtrack, but now,allies are in route to france but they doesnt appear to "push" anywhere, they are just there, sitting in a corner eating glue watching the ceiling.
    Im not playing with fear of seing them marching aggainst me becoming a real and scary threat(right now im more scared of ottomans,but i will wait until they conquest boheme so i can declare war on them and gain it to myself :p).

so...if you dont want to eat a boring walltext,

TL;DR version: can you make france empire more aggresive please?.
    Last edited by B1ackwolf; April 30, 2015 at 03:12 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Good feedback. Very interesting; But I think it would be worth getting result from several game, and several different faction, to see if this is a consistent result, or an "accident"

Civis

yeah, i should wait until any other player post their thoughs about this topic, again, nice work there steph, keep going !.

Since I'm the one working on The CAI I can tell you immediate that The Brussels bug is The result of poor choices made by the AI in the long run. It is well known as the AI use a set of points of interest made available as presets in The pathfinding esfs. It doesnt happen every time but I concur this is annoying. Il we could just modify that list of points. ..
    Last edited by Sirlion; May 01, 2015 at 11:24 PM.

Civis

@sirlion

This is not a bug! .....this is a realistic simulation of real life in belgium! Why make something going the easy way if u can do it complicated!

Did u had a look in the history of politics of belgium , even present situation nobody understands ! Vive la belgique!

Maks .....from belgica

the new username's Avatar Praepositus

Have you thought in giving generals their respective military orders' sashes?
    I think they would look much better and cooler

@Steph : Hello Steph, I got a suggestion, I noticed NTW doesnt have units, of engineering, Miners,and sappers. That actually blow fortified walls!

Patrician Artifex

Are you sure?
    Look at the roster for the main Faction carefully.

List of type icons

Infantry icons, from left to right:

First line

• Militia (shako, filled, no bayonet)
    • Guard (Bearskin, filled, bayonet)
    • Line infantry (shako, filled, bayonet)
    • Light infantry of the line (shako, filled, shooting)
    • Carabiniers or other "heavy" light infantry (Bearskin, outlined, bayonet)
    • Light infantry (shako, outlined, bayonet)
    • Light infantry (shako, outlined, shooting)
    • Riflemen (shako, outlined, shooting + target)

Second line

• Citizens(civilian hat)
    • Garrison (wall)
    • Gendarmerie (bicorne)
    • Sharpshooter (target)
    • Melee units (sword)
    • Sapper (tools)
    • Marines (anchor)

Are you sure?
    Look at the roster for the main Faction carefully.

List of type icons

Infantry icons, from left to right:

First line

• Militia (shako, filled, no bayonet)
    • Guard (Bearskin, filled, bayonet)
    • Line infantry (shako, filled, bayonet)
    • Light infantry of the line (shako, filled, shooting)
    • Carabiniers or other "heavy" light infantry (Bearskin, outlined, bayonet)
    • Light infantry (shako, outlined, bayonet)
    • Light infantry (shako, outlined, shooting)
    • Riflemen (shako, outlined, shooting + target)

Second line

• Citizens(civilian hat)
    • Garrison (wall)
    • Gendarmerie (bicorne)
    • Sharpshooter (target)
    • Melee units (sword)
    • Sapper (tools)
    • Marines (anchor)

Oh... cool, so Spain does have a unit of sappers, Regimiento Real de Zapadores Minadores?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peninsu...Ingenieros.jpg

http://servicios.elcorreo.com/especi...de-primera.htm
    Last edited by Steveholmes; May 02, 2015 at 11:53 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Not Spain, only the major factions

Not Spain, only the major factions
    Ahhhhhhh! So I'm right! Heh....Hummmm... So Spain isn't a major faction, I see.

Patrician Artifex

Major factions = factions playable in Vanilla (France, Britain, Prussia, Austria, Russia)

Medium factions= Ottomans, Spain, Sweden, Denmark.

Others = Minor.

In the game there is no such distinction, as Medium don't exist, and Major also includes Spain and Ottoman

Major factions = factions playable in Vanilla (France, Britain, Prussia, Austria, Russia)

Medium factions= Ottomans, Spain, Sweden, Denmark.

Others = Minor.

In the game there is no such distinction, as Medium don't exist, and Major also includes Spain and Ottoman

No worries mate, just teasing. As I consider you a major Mod GOD. Considering what you have already done. But if you decide to make such Regimiento Real de Zapadores Minadores, which their only task is to build defence earth works and placing mines, and spikes against horses. Though I'm not sure if such elements to blow fortified walls exists in the NTW mechanics. Or if it is possible?
    Last edited by Steveholmes; May 02, 2015 at 04:21 PM.

Patrician Artifex

I don't think so. Sappers can use grenade and place stakes, that the only specific tasks I see. That's why I didn't make much more, although I have reference pictures for several factions. I'm not sure they are really important for gameplay

Maybe, for now sappers aren't important for gameplay, but if you decide to built permanent forts like ETW I suggest that you would need a general and a sapper unit in your army to build such structures. Especially if your army is in hostile lands where your army would replenish safely. Also it would be worth while building an engineering acadamey in your capital, before being able to hire sappers. Again this is an idea, worth thinking. Of course if NTW would allow it.

Patrician Artifex

Nice idea... if the game engine could allow that! We could sapper building bridges to cross rivers too...

Is it possible to mod like one building in the campaign ?? It would help with the immersion of the mod even if that building did not have collision model . For example if you are having a battle in Russia just have 1 Orthodox Church and if in Germany one gothic building or church. When you are having a battle on campaign map no matter where you fighting every building is the same it's just so boring and kills the immersion of the game.