Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

Hi, I have a suggestion for the technology tab. I don't think squares should be a learn-able subject since its just not realistic and it just takes too long! 14 Turns! Historically in the French army first thing soldiers are mainly taught is to learn how to form Square since it was crucial against cavalry. During the 1813 Liberation wars Marie-Louise conscripts were taught to form square first which was used heroically at the Battle of Fere-Champenoise. I'm not saying you should add a square ability to the Marie Louise conscripts in game but at least Line infantry or maybe even Chasseurs.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Or I could reduce cost or give squares to some factions at start.

honestly referring to the fort and slot ordeal. i really enjoy how you have it Steph. no forts and keep that slot open. they did fort battles in the Napoleonic wars i'm not taking that away from them but its really bugging at times with forts and the AI seems to be dumb and useless at fort battles. id rather fight in the open fields, butcher or be butchered

Patrician Artifex

The small problem is there are still fort battles with level 1 -2 administrative centers built in that slot. I haven't found yet how to completly get rid of that. It's probably hard coded.

That is a possibility but I just realized that making squares a technology gives a huge disadvantage to nations without colleges such as Bavaria being unable to form square, or a nation like Denmark. Nations like Saxony who historically had an inferior army compared to Bavaria will have better military technology (squares, national defense) then Bavaria. Now I believe squares shouldn't be a technology at all.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

@ Devs....will you guys ever edit the sound of the cannons, when they fire and the projectile lands? I find that NTW3 has this feature and it is awesome. IS there a mod out there that will edit the sounds? Like this?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...y-Sounds-VIDEO

Thanks
    Last edited by airborne guy; January 17, 2018 at 07:05 AM.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

SO my take on your mod so far. The uniforms are really awesome! I love everything visually about it. What I am concerned about is the campaign and battle difficulty playing as France.It is July of 1807 and I have taken Bavaria and Venetia away from the Austrians. I allied with Prussia on turn #1 and traded them a region --Hanover for Cleaves Mark. They never turned on me and let me focus on Britain, Austria and Russia. They attacked me pretty hard for about the 1st year of the campaign but I beat them back and they haven't done much since then, because they are both at war with the Ottomans. I have peace accords with every but Britain and my economy is a powerhouse 23K per turn with 5 full stack Armies. France cant be stopped and I hoped that the Austrians and the Russians com e back to fight. Once I landed a stack on Ireland and liberated it, Britain never touched French soil again. When the battles are over I only lose about 600 men compared to 3700-4000 of theirs. Very easy. I am playing with Bran Mac Borns mod t hat is on your thread with the multiplier at 2 and the cavalry at 100 men per unit as when I set the multiplier at 2 they were at 180 , which was overkill for me. I am also playing on on Normal/Normal. I think this was the recommended settings, right. Just a very easy campaign. Let me try another faction and will report back!

Thanks, for those awesome skins though,, they look amazing!

my suggestion.

you once said that Allies of Napoleon including Napoleon's empire would recruit Neapolitan Italian troops (like Ney's Army) which would make sense and I'm game. so I've played with Wuttemburg and made it to Italy and recruited Neapolitan troops because I'm Napoleons original ally (puppet state) .
    playing as Spain now and i can only recruit coalition troops from Naples and Sicily. ... Why? I'm allied with Napoleon from the start, by default i should be able to recruit Neapolitan troops from Italy. i understand that Napoleon later invades Spain and the rest is history BUT at this point when we start the camp that's not the case.

so may i suggest that you give Spain the opportunity to recruit Neapolitan Troops instead of coalition troops when occupying Naples and Sicily.

btw diplomacy ... i dunno how you did it but countries are actually more scared of you depending on the size of your force. had Naples begging for peace just because i had a royal army near by. you da man!

Patrician Artifex

Spain is a tricky case... Because it's not really easy to decide if it pro or anti French, since it changes side, and what types of troops it should recruit.

BTW, don't wander to far if you are a minor... Major factions can recruit anywhere, but minor factions cannot recruit at all in regions which are very far. (ex Portugal won't be able to recruit Russian troops).

yeah that's what i mean about Spain, at the beginning its pro French since it starts at 1805. i strongly feel as if Spain should remain with the Pro French alignment. up until of course the player or Napoleon chooses to take personal control.

Hi i love this mod but i have a suggestiom, because i cannot mod it by myself: can you make economy better, like 10 times money given by structures? thx.

Patrician Artifex

Only x10? Why not x100? And make unit cost 0?

well, it's just a suggestion, i tried to edit data.pack with PFM but it doesn't work for me, i don't know why, could you male a file for me or tell me how to do it?

Patrician Artifex

never edit data.pack... it's a base game.

There are several tutorial about basic mod making

Lancers are the forgotten units of the Mod they are so bad its nearly a bug for me, i did many try on good situation : rushing down the austerlitz Hill direct on the face of non moving Uxbrridge with Austrians Uhlans with a perfect 3 line of cav --> i kill 2 enemy on impact i lost 7 guys 0,4 seconds after impact, despite i immediately go back, then i did further test and its always like this or worst
    1 time on the face of Cuirassier i killed 1 and lost 13 guys instantly despite the cuirasssier was not moving.
    i

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Is there an option to disable being able to research any tech from the tech tree at game start? Or is that a beta testing thing that will be removed later?

Quote Originally Posted by nanotyk View Post
    Lancers are the forgotten units of the Mod they are so bad its nearly a bug for me, i did many try on good situation : rushing down the austerlitz Hill direct on the face of non moving Uxbrridge with Austrians Uhlans with a perfect 3 line of cav --> i kill 2 enemy on impact i lost 7 guys 0,4 seconds after impact, despite i immediately go back, then i did further test and its always like this or worst
    1 time on the face of Cuirassier i killed 1 and lost 13 guys instantly despite the cuirasssier was not moving.
    i
    I don't know about the first part of your post but lancers against cuirassiers is probably intentional since the lance was a poor weapon in cavalry vs. cavalry combat. If I remember right, during the Napoleonic times lancers were used as scouts and to quickly flank around infantry and charge into their sides, dealing massive shock with their charge and lance to cause chaos.
    Last edited by Sigma; May 25, 2018 at 02:40 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Being able to research all techs is done on purpose.
    Two reasons:
    - I don't think many of the techs really need another as prerequesite.
    - It creates some technical issues. This needs changes in the startpos, and when I tried to use prerequesite, there were some weirds issues, like tech that were invisible.

About lancers:
    - They were actually quite good against cavalry: the extra range give them some edge.
    - But I think the advantage is less against cavalry.
    - They have a large charge bonus, but weak melee stats. They WILL lose if they stay in battle to long. They should really be used for charge, withdraw, charge again. And much better if you charge the flank or rear of a unit already stuck against infantry.

Thank you for the reply!

Anyways for fort battles, if they can't be removed, is there a way to disable the grappling hook for most units to make sieges a little more interesting? I noticed that dismounted cavalry cannot climb walls, so maybe there's hope.

Continuing from the NTW mod questions talk, thank you for hearing me out!

I went through the techs and here are three techs I found with a problem:

Field Exercises just increases the upkeep costs without any benefit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180530175435_1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	353561
    Rockets doesn't do anything at all.

Name:	20180530175453_1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	127.1 KB 
ID:	353562
    This one just needs a renaming since steam locomotives were just a curiosity at the time of Napoleon, they really didn't start catching on as a tool of industry until the late 1820's. The first public rail line in Britain was 1825, in France it was 1829, Belgium it was 1835.

Name:	20180530175912_1.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	353563

Edit: Just a minor notice, the National Defense tech is called "MoE_national_defense".
    Last edited by Sigma; May 30, 2018 at 06:31 PM.

Patrician Artifex

I'll try to look... but I'm very busy at the moment between work at the office and my Warhammer mod. I've been postponning work on MoE for months... And I don't foressee any improvment on the free time front before at least July