Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Tuhaj bej's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Suggestions

ohh sorry

insurrectio(late latin) = nemesi felkelés, népfelkelés(hungarian)=insurrection, militia

insurrection(english)=an actor instance of rising in revolt,rebellion,or resistance against civil authority or an established government.

The correct term in Hungarian: "inszurgens"

Hungarian logic and language is a best thing on the world....
    Last edited by Tuhaj bej; August 12, 2015 at 12:29 PM.

Laetus

Would it be possible to change the replenishment system, so the troops replenish only in home regions? Then after each campaign against enemies one would have to bring the army back to gain full strength or send recruits to the armies abroad...

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

This is hardcoded. Howevery, Replenishment is faster when the unit is a region were it can be recruited.

Steph, you and l'Aigle are going a fantastic job! I'm really looking forward to downloading this and trying it out!

Just looking things over, I have a few comments about the icons for the British units, I think a few of them might have been mentioned already:
    • Add plumes to the shakos that are missing them.
    • Change the light infantry's and riflemen's plumes to the taller style like the rest (the short plumes look too French ).
    • Remove the wings from the 95th's jacket, they had regular epaulettes like line infantry.
    • Add wings to the fusiliers' jackets.
    • As far as I can tell, garrison units would have been clothed like line infantry; one source says they had blue facings, but I don't know how accurate that is.
    • Change the brown trousers to white or blue-gray.

This one may be more of a matter of personal taste, but I'd give the armed citizenry a more "civilian" appearance. They really should look like Mr. Darcy with a musket, not half-dressed infantrymen.

I know you said that a re-skin of the naval crews is still down the road, but please tell me that you're going to have Royal Navy officers wearing blue coats and Royal Marines who look like Royal Marines and not Beefeaters! The fact that vanilla even did that annoys me to no end!

Again, I totally understand that you guys want to finish the small factions before revising the larger ones, I just want to put some ideas out there for when the time comes. Keep up the good work, I really appreciate you putting in the effort to makes things as accurate as possible!

Patrician Artifex

Put in TODO list for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Put in TODO list for later.
    Thanks, Steph!

One thing I forgot to mention, before 1813 the sappers would have worn blue coats with black facings, and from 1813 on they wore red with blue facings. I found a couple pictures for reference:
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...IFORM_1802.jpg
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...IFORM_1813.jpg
    There's an Osprey book that shows the details a little clearer (unfortunately I don't have access to it anymore), but as I recall the lace is the same design as the foot artillery.

ss1944's Avatar Laetus

With all due respect, i think the prussian muskeeter model from "47th Preussischen Einheiten" looks much cooler and more adequate than MoE's original 1808 prussian musketeer model. Can you please change the model for your next release?

Patrician Artifex

No. If I make a unit, it's because I have references and I think they are better than the original once from CA. Or I would not have changed it to start with.

Huge thanks for this epic mod, especially for the last patch introducing minor factions.....all it's about flavor !

Started with the mod yesterday. Very well done !
    Some things:

First I tried playing the campaign in the Napoleon Campaigns menu (as I wanted to continue my advance after I had already done Egypt campaign before installing the mod). Doing this Europe camapaign with France doesn't work; you are unable to recruit any units anywhere, you can't see what units each building grants you, etc. Fine, probably the mod was only intended for Grand Campaign, just to let you know.

I started with France in Grand Campaign and I am really liking it. To see a charge of the Scot Grey's fascinates me... One thing I've noticved so far, the AI still not protecting its artillery well. Most of the time I am able to take it out with a charge from some of my hussars no problem. Other times there might be an AI cavalry unit near their artillery but often it just runs away when it sees my hussars galloping in a charge towards the artillery !

Further, the AI doesn't usually deploy their artillery well. Often they are left far behind and keep on limbering and unlimbering without ever participating in the battle. Maybe all this is a carry on from the vanilla, which is notoriously bad at protecting its artillery. Wondering if one can use one of Bran's mods to make the AI work better here?
    Last edited by General Gordon; February 11, 2016 at 08:41 AM.

Patrician Artifex

yes, the mod is only for the Grand Campaign. editing one startpos is sufficiently tedious, I don't feel like making several at the moment.

Fine with me.

Are there any compatible submods that could make the AI battle mechanics (espcially the artillery thing) better ?

Patrician Artifex

You know that the AI is actually not modable?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    You know that the AI is actually not modable?
    Well, then I don't understand like, for example, the Bran Mac Born Mod for Darthmod mod "mod edits with New Battle AI-Coherent battle lines and major flanking..." I have played with this and the AI really does flank and in general plays better during the battle: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-DMN-Mod-Edits

Maybe you can check it out just in case something can be done here because, hate to say it, the AI is pathetic when attacking during a siege. Right now British have attacked me several times in Brunswick with a much superior force and more artillery and I have won with my meager French defenders.

Patrician Artifex

The AI is not exposed by CA. What is modable;
    - You can change battle formations, to have for example grenadiers at the center, then line infantry and light infantry on the flank. Or light infantry in front, line infantry in the middle, and grenadier behind. However, you can control when the AI will use a formation or another.
    - You can modify some parameters in the campaign, like likeliness to build a unit, or "ideal" repartition of cavalry / artillery / infantry
    - You can modify the attack/defense and general parameters (like bonus of a square against cavalry).

Then the AI is the one made by CA, and if you are good in changing the parameters described above, you can get a better results: the AI will look better because the trigger / effects happen when it looks better. But you cannot actually change the AI.

Ok understood. The thing is, really, even in open field battles the AI artillery mostly just stays limbered, or even if it unlimbers doesn't even participate in the battle. I am going to try applying one of bran edits ad see if it works/fixes this issue somehow, otherwise the battles are completely unrealistic and unfair to the human player's advantage.

Patrician Artifex

Strange. Do you see this happening with every faction / unit, or is it limited to a few specific units? There could be an error in the files for some of them.

Well, so far I've done battle as French against British and Austrians; now started with Prussia. Is there a way to send a replay video file of some battle for you to inspect?

Patrician Artifex

This won't help much. Just tell me if the problem of the artillery happens with any faction.
    I'll start to play one in custom battle with the same faction, and see how the AI behave

Well, so far I can say it happens with all battles. Whether I am being attacked while inside sieged, or in the open field. In the open field sometimes part of the AI artillery does fire, but there is always soem of their artillery that don't, they just are "idle not in combat"

Please take all these comments as feedback, not criticism because I know that the mod has meant a tremendous amount of work to make it as beautiful as it is (those units !).

Besides the battle AI, I don't know, the campaign AI seems a bit stupid. Maybe, again, it's just the vanilla campaign AI that acts that way (I have played the vanilla campaign but it was as long time ago and don't remember now if it acted this way). Examples are: I am now with two large French armies on the east side of the prussian capital Berlin. The prussian has around 3 full armies near HANNOVER and has been attacking me there to try and take the city 2 times already, unsuccesful. In brunswick there's also a full british army that just sits there without attacking. But getting back to Berlin, the logical thing would be that the prussian armies in HANNOVER inmediatly rush to defend Berlin their capital, but they don't. I have already attacked Berlin once although I run out of time and was unable to take it (I play with 20 minuts battle time settings), but next turn, unless I am intercepted I will attack again and take it.
    I'll see if I can post a screenshot of the situation so you see.

There's more about the campaign AI, I will post a screenshot with the overall situation and notes; the Ottomans as well as Russia also acting strange, you'll see.

Hannover area:

Berlin area:

Ottomans not attacking:

Overall view and Russians strolling past Wien without even attacking:

Last edited by General Gordon; February 15, 2016 at 07:21 AM.