Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Re: Suggestions

First I have to say that I return to this mod regularly and that I like it a lot. I have a suggestion that maybe you could make a 1812. campaign, stretching to the 1815., or even later. There will be no doubling of units, since in this state of the mod many units stay with the 1805. uniforms, but all armies will be in late uniforms, ready for the final stages of the conflict. What do you think about this idea?

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Just have to say that I come back to this mod because of my love for the era. Is there another update in the works. Some of the best texturing I have ever sen in NTW.
    -Are all tech researched at turn one?

-Do all settlements have to be forts when I assault them?

-

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Tech are not supposed to be researcbed at turn one. A few are, depending on faction.

Settlement: unfortunately in NTW, it's possible to have settlement grow, as it is possible in Shogun 2, Rome 2 or warhammer. This lead to stupid situation, where a minor faction such as Wurttemberg, with only one slot, can have a barracks, but then no administraitve center and no militia, and no artillery... Or can have an administrative center, but then no barracks, so only militia, no infantry, no cavalry, no artillery...

So to limit a bit this isssue, I tried to use the fortification slot for the administrative center, and use the other slot for the barracks. But CA hardcoded the forts somehow. Even if I disabled the fortification in the db, it is still ther efor administrative center level 1 and 2, and it disappears with level 3.

I'm afraid due to limitations hardcoded in NTW, there is no perfect solution.

I tried to add slots to every settlement, which woukld be the best solution... but although I managed to add it, it was working (I could create a building, update it, etc), it creates unstable save: hte gamre starts ,normlally, but when you save and load, it always crashed

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Tech are not supposed to be researcbed at turn one. A few are, depending on faction.

Settlement: unfortunately in NTW, it's possible to have settlement grow, as it is possible in Shogun 2, Rome 2 or warhammer. This lead to stupid situation, where a minor faction such as Wurttemberg, with only one slot, can have a barracks, but then no administraitve center and no militia, and no artillery... Or can have an administrative center, but then no barracks, so only militia, no infantry, no cavalry, no artillery...

So to limit a bit this isssue, I tried to use the fortification slot for the administrative center, and use the other slot for the barracks. But CA hardcoded the forts somehow. Even if I disabled the fortification in the db, it is still ther efor administrative center level 1 and 2, and it disappears with level 3.

I'm afraid due to limitations hardcoded in NTW, there is no perfect solution.

I tried to add slots to every settlement, which woukld be the best solution... but although I managed to add it, it was working (I could create a building, update it, etc), it creates unstable save: hte game starts ,normlally, but when you save and load, it always crashed
    Ok thanks for the response. To put siege on a settlement slows the game down alot now if you dont wish to fight a fort battle. Guess its no big deal for me, I just dont like to assault forts every time I siege a settlement. Are you still working on the mod though? Its been nearly a year I think since the last update.

Thanks

Patrician Artifex

Not much I'm afraid. I'm working on a big mod for Warhammer, where we don't have that many hardcoded limitations, and so less frustration.

Not much I'm afraid. I'm working on a big mod for Warhammer, where we don't have that many hardcoded limitations, and so less frustration.

Yeah I understand...Did you guys change the musket sounds? I hope that CA will release TW: Napoleon 2 one day, so the modding community can jump on it! Great work on the mod though! who did the texturing? You and Laigle?

Patrician Artifex

L'Aigle started, but he did mostly French and British units. A little Austrian and Prussian, I did almost everything else.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

When it comes to hard-coding, have you considered perhaps "porting" NTW to another game?

You've done a wonderful job FYI, I'm kinda superprized you haven't worked on something like Histwar

What is your warhammer mod anyway?
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Patrician Artifex

I know total war modding. It required quite an investment to learn it. I don't have time to do it again with another game which I don't even play.

Warhammer mod: SWO-RD.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Well I meant other TW games like warhammer as well as other games, you should perhaps take a look at histwar, maybe you'd like it, it's Napoleonic, a little ugly, but historically accurate with allot of troops, consider it a recommendation.

Bavaria, is extremely hard to play, while a firm favorite for me, trying to start beyond the initial spring 1805 Russian attack took 5 tries, got me down to one unit of armed citizens and only buy recruit 3 generals and using them as cavalry against the 2 cannons and their general did I manage to make it to June. I seriously suggest re-enforcing Bavaria in a way the player can take advantage of but France cannot.

Also I'm not sure I should be at war with Austria in 1805, I'm still technically an elector of Austria until 1806, and while I should be allied with france from 1805, I'm not sure we should be at war yet.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Hi first sry for my english langage^^

i speak campaign only.

I hope corrections will be brought even in 2020^^

POSITIFS POINTS : Very few unfortunately... but congratulation for your works!!
    -AMBIANCE : battles and campaign map

NEGATIVE POINTS : more unfortunately^^

-BIG black dots for me its too many limited units in the recruitments ( i ll develop this subject after and i ll say why its bad for me and the alternative i ll propose)
    -Units price its veeeeeeery poor (98 money for exemple....)
    -few crashs (during loading battle, during battle and after battle and sometime on the campaign map)

so its this three points which for me ruin the campaign...why?

Crashs, no need to develop.

Now, the most important point, limited units!! Why its bad for me at present???

Im OK for limited units but not like that. Whether we are close to or far from our initial bases, we are block to continue to make war. To protect our conquests, we cant call reinforcement from our back bases because we cant recruit. And when an army come on our lands, we cant defend our cities cause our units have reached their recruitment limits... I dont know if AI is impacted by that?

I propose this solution for a better campaign and above all, more realistic

-Only elits units must be limited in our origine cities

-No limited recruitment with our original territories in start campaign (excepts elits units, few unit cavalry, and arty) ----> we can defend our lands, call reinforcements to continue war in hostile countries, to protect our conquests etc... Reals back bases so!! For this bases, only money must be a recruitment brake!!

-Very few units available in the conquered cities ----> Hence the importance back bases!

-Take capital major faction give us more units available than those minors factions (exemple, take Berlin give us 10 fusiliers units available) ---> a kind of small back base!

----> At the present, units price and limites units makes no sense in the campaign... I have 530000 MONEY and now, what I do with it? !!! I cant recruit cause limited units and with this prices to recruit its pathetic...

So clearly, what I really want and which seems much more realistic to me is the importance of the back bases: Bring in reinforcements, protect our territory, use our money (haha) ...

Thank you and i repeat, good job and good mod even if the campaign is a little bad (for me)

Patrician Artifex

The limits are one of the core concepts of the mod. IF you don't like it, change it yourself or play another mod.

Beside, since I lost all my files after my two HDD fried, there is very little chances that I update this mod.

Hi. Thk for your answer

I want to change it myself, no probl, but i dont know how... If you explain me how to set the unit limits as i want, OK i m ready^^

Ok so badly... Cause units price should be reviewed.

Thk you
    Last edited by Farrell; February 25, 2020 at 11:38 AM.

Patrician Artifex

you need to use PFM or RPFM to open the pack files.

In the MoE_Main.pack, look at the units_table.

- You can find the "Create cost" and "Upkeep cost" there. If you don't like them, change it to what you want.
    - Bit further you have 'Total cap". Increase it. Or put 0 if you want to make it unlimited.

you need to use PFM or RPFM to open the pack files.

- You can find the "Create cost" and "Upkeep cost" there. If you don't like them, change it to what you want.
    - Bit further you have 'Total cap". Increase it. Or put 0 if you want to make it unlimited.
    Hello
    what software is needed to open your files to change the unit limitation and where is it found. can make you a tutorial for that. thanks to you.

Patrician Artifex

Everything in the quote.
    RPFM for the software.

- A bit further you have 'Total cap". Increase it. Or put 0 if you want to make it unlimited.

I cannot make it more detailed than that.

Everything in the quote.
    RPFM for the software.

- A bit further you have 'Total cap". Increase it. Or put 0 if you want to make it unlimited.

I cannot make it more detailed than that.

thanks to you for this quick response. i have downloaded RPFM 1.6.2 but i can't install it? i'm really stupid can you help me

Patrician Artifex

try to run it directly, I'm not sure there is an install

Quote Originally Posted by castoche View Post
    thanks to you for this quick response. i have downloaded RPFM 1.6.2 but i can't install it? i'm really stupid can you help me
    There are tons of tutorials on youtube and from the modding tools area of TW

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ng-for-Newbies

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    There are tons of tutorials on youtube and from the modding tools area of TW

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ng-for-Newbies