Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug report

Default Re: Bug report

мод не запускается файл MoE__Main из вторй версии не работает из первой верси устанавливаю запускается

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

There is a bug in your bug report: it is not in English.

Hi. I want to report a mistake in the skin for polish lancers.I think their pants are not correct

And here it shows better:

Patrician Artifex

"I think it's not correct is not sufficient". You need to explain why you think it is not, with a reference picture showing how you think it should be..

No, my bad, I didnt pay attention to the year of service. I checked again and you are right. Forgive me. The uniform is cprrect.

BUT, in the meantime, I spotted another "bug". French soldiers when complaining about the bad weather (rain) talk in english! This should be easy to fix.

Patrician Artifex

That's not so easy as it seems... Do you have any other mod installed?

No sir, I only have MoE installed, and before I only had NTW3, which I removed.

Sorry for the double post, but I did more tests today, and the Polish Lancers speak french sometimes, and also the Marines of the Old Guard speak german sometimes. This happens when you place the unit around the battlefield, or when they comment about something - I dont know german well so I cant say which phrases are spoken. Also, the group selection speech when you select more than one unit is always english even with French troops.

Patrician Artifex

Polish lancers speaks French sometimes because since they are in the french Imperial Guard, I figured they could have learn some French along the way. The Polish faction will speak Polish only.
    For the Marines, this is not normal. What could help is knowing what action give a German voice (like moving, firing, idle?).
    For the groups, it's the same problem as the campaign voice: I cannot tie the event (group selection) to a specific unit, since it's by definition a group selection, and so it's a generic language, i.e. English.

A few explanation about that: the voice settings allows having a specific sound played, but you cannot specify the language.
    You have something like "uk/MySound.mp3" associated with each language, and the engine will automatically replace "uk" with the language of the faction.

So if I want the KGL units to speak German, and the British to speak British, I must do something like
    uk/German/MySound.mp3 and uk/English/MySound.mp3, and they say the German unit uses the first sound, and the English units the second sound (ie the English faction needs two language for the same event, so I need to double the sound files in two sub folders of the UK folder)/

But the, when you play with Prussia, for the same event, I also want to have the sale sounds. And Prussia uses the "Ge" language. So I need Ge/German/MySound.mp3. but also ge/English/MySound.mp3, in case Prussia capture England and recruits local troops there.

So I'd need to make copies of all the sounds everywhere, and it's too heavy.

My solution was to have every faction use English, but then have inside the uk folder sounds for every language/

This works well for action which are linked to one specific unit, as I can link this unit to the correct language subfolder inside the UK folder. But it doesn't work for campaign voices, or for multiple units action (and for the ships).

Okay, I understand. Then it would be wise to have custom voices for the "UK" faction on the campaign map I believe, to replca the "King and Country" motto with a generic empire? Having Napoleon say "For King and Country!" is... well... rather unpleasant XD

Now, the Marins de la Garde... they speak German when:

1 - you have them selected and you place them somewhere in the deployment phase;
    2 - they chat casually in idle mode
    3 - they talk during combat

Also I need to do more tests on other units but there is definitely a unit of Old Guard that has some english voices too. I will do research later

Malagant's Avatar Libertus

Hi together,

i have a problem with the campaign map. I have download the last version of the mod today. After installing all, i cant see any forrests on the campaign map anymore. They disappear!! Can someone tell me whats wrong there?? Thanks a lot!!
    Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Patrician Artifex

Already reported. In your campaign_maps folder, you should have a "display" subfolder. If you don't have it, copy it from nap_eur folder

Malagant's Avatar Libertus

Thank you very much!! a great mod!!!
    Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes
    Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Laetus

I think this as been reported already but ill say it anyway ,The Captains on each side of Napoleon They float in the air.

Civis

Russian generals speak German when switching off fire at will

Patrician Artifex

Ok, I'll check the captain with Nappy, and the Russian generals. Is that only when switching off fire at fill ?

Yeah the captains on the side of napoleon they float in the air, Also I sore that with a couple of other Generals too.

Maybe not a bug but I can't play the grand campaign? I can play Napoleon's Europe campaign but can't recruit any units?

Any ideas? user script as per directions, no other mods, clean install.

my2bob
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)

Patrician Artifex

Campaign is work in progress but not really playable yet. You shouldn't try Napoleon's Europe campaign, but the Grand Campaign instead, it is playable with France, and 15 other factions. But it's just for tests.
    I plan to work on campaign in 2014, after I finish every faction roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Campaign is work in progress but not really playable yet. You shouldn't try Napoleon's Europe campaign, but the Grand Campaign instead, it is playable with France, and 15 other factions. But it's just for tests.
    I plan to work on campaign in 2014, after I finish every faction roster.
    Hi, thanks for the prompt response. I've checked all the content of your pack files and I must say I'm impressed. Look forward to your work.

When I click Grand campaign I get a CTD. Any ideas?
    PSYCHO V

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, Meditation 17)