Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug report

Default Re: Bug report

It was the default general of the preset army, early period.
    Last edited by Centaure; December 24, 2012 at 04:31 PM.

double post

In the grand campaign when AI builds anything in the vanilla fort slot the town seems to get fortifications anyway. Can it be fixed somehow?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

The grand campaign is far from finished.

Quote Originally Posted by makstampaks View Post
    Thank you for the tip, Steph! I copied a 'display' folder from vanilla data\campaign_maps\nap_europe to data\campaign_maps\MoE_nap_europe and now the map is displayed as it should be.
    Thanks had the same issue.

UPDATE: Ok this is what i have found after playing a few days, having in mind of course that the campaign gameplay it's far from finished.

1.- Experienced one or two CTD's now and then when being in a land battle either playing it or replaying one just to view it.
    2.- There's a small glitch i have only seen in one naval battle were a couple of seamen where floating on top of the sea while being in the deployment zone.
    3.- There's units of 1812 that can be recruited even if one has not reached the year 1812.
    4.- When grabbing Holland from the dutch people i can't recruit no units at all but ships, only that the ship cards are blank and one can not see what type of ship it's recruiting. The city has 2 barracks along with a church and and an arsenal, but no fort displayed in the constructed overlay of the city. But still the city had a fort in place when i sieged it and also viewable in the campaign map.
    5.- Some light units that can form square formation, do so in a very disorganized fashion if they are in "light infantry tactics" (spread around and kneeling down). To achieve a normal square one must first deselect "light infantry tactics" and then select the "square formation".
    6.- Can't seem to use the grenades from the grenadiers, if i press the option they just stand there without doing nothing until i press it again to deselect it.
    7.- AI spies can assassin but my spy can't.
    8.- The austrian armies talk like they were british on the campaign map, in battle they speak german as they should.

The game experience it's being fun all in all, the units look marvelous and the technology tree seems to work fine. That's it for now, i will continue to report further findings.
    Last edited by Ishiro; January 20, 2013 at 07:24 PM.

Is there any launcher for this mod?
    it's not working for me.

Patrician Artifex

You start NTW normally and it will work if you install it properly.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Esis View Post
    Is there any launcher for this mod?
    it's not working for me.
    you probably didnt copy and paste the campaign script, oh yeah how many soldiers per unit are there?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by airborne guy View Post
    you probably didnt copy and paste the campaign script, oh yeah how many soldiers per unit are there?
    Not the campaign script, the user.script in preferences.
    How many soldier: is that a question for me? It varies with the units and factions.
    In general:
    80-100 for cavalry.
    140-180 for line infantry.
    80-120 for light infantry.

Steph, is it possible in NTW to have battle against two AI armies at once?
    In RomeTW/M2TW we could fight two AI full stack armies at same time on battlefield, while on NTW we can fight only one AI army while other is AI reinforcement, and this reinforcement system sux in NTW.

Can it be done in NTW?

I have found a bug :
    - english generals don't have any shoot weapon in custom battles in all periods.

Patrician Artifex

Why is it a bug?

Because in the selection screen they have range, precision, ammo, etc and in the battle they only have ammo with no range, etc.

Patrician Artifex

Strange, they seem OK in the db. I'll check when I'm back in one week.

Hey Steph ! So i'm expecting a crashing problem every two battles (the first battle I play is always ok, then the second one always crashes) Sometimes when the second battle starts, all my units appears in black (even the faces) exept canons and horses everything else is black

Patrician Artifex

Is it in campaign or custom battle?
    Have you tried saving the campaign after the first battle, exit the game and start again?

It's only on the campaing as far as I know, and saving between each battle and restarting the game is the only solution I have for the moment, but still it's not very convenient

Patrician Artifex

Unfortunately if saving and restarting works, I'm not sure I can do anything.
    If the battle works after you reload, it means there is not error in the db, variant, or texture.

It looks more like a bug in the engine with some bad memory management

Flaw in Gentleman's description "()". Between those round brackets it should be written Gentleman.
    Last edited by Ishiro; February 26, 2013 at 01:58 PM.

Patrician Artifex

That's part of the TODO list for the campaign: give the correct name for every culture. Don't forget MoE will have one culture for every faction, not just "European"