Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug report

Civis

Default Re: Bug report

me neither my friend...me neither, i think the problem is not the image but the buttons not moving to the left (if you look carefully the picture its all cramped because the small place it have to show)...sometimes my computer acts in mysterious ways :T.

Default Re: Napoleon : Masters of Europe (MoE), a new mod by l'Aigle and Steph

I deleted the localisation file but it still did not show the names. Also the grand campaign makes a CTD

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

You probably installed something incorrectly: it works for others, so the issue is not in the mod itself.

I put the campaign files in the right places, but it still is not working. I put MoE_nap_europe in campaign maps, and I put MoE_eur_napoleon in campaign, so what am I doing wrong? I also downloaded all of the updates and put them in the data folder. I even put the Napoleon Total War folder not read only. What am I doing wrong?

Patrician Artifex

No idea. Maybe post a screen of your folders so we can see what you have?

Here are the screenshots:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (14).png 
Views:	9 
Size:	202.6 KB 
ID:	325495Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (15).png 
Views:	11 
Size:	263.7 KB 
ID:	325496Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (16).png 
Views:	9 
Size:	182.3 KB 
ID:	325497

Patrician Artifex

Why do you have europe_lookup.tga and europe_map.tga in data folder? They should be in ​campaign maps/MoE_nap_europe

I accidentally copied contents of these campaign files into data because I got desperate.

Patrician Artifex

Pb with your screen is I cannot see what is inside the MoE_nap_europe in campaign maps,or MoE_eur_napoleon, I can't check if you have all the pack in the data folder, and can't see your usercript.

I just downloaded the mod and am looking forward to playing it. Everything starts up fine, except when I click on the "Grand Campaign" the game crashes. Can someone please help? I really want to play this.

Quote Originally Posted by job3344 View Post
    I just downloaded the mod and am looking forward to playing it. Everything starts up fine, except when I click on the "Grand Campaign" the game crashes. Can someone please help? I really want to play this.
    ok i fixed this issue myself now i can select a faction in the grand campaign but then during loading it crashes at about 20% of the bar. i cant start a grand campaign at all

useful tips: when on battle mode or campaign mode, if stuck at 25% of the bar, it means that something happened while checking vital files. Around 40% it means that there are problems with unit_variants or 3D models, or a combination of both. When at 75% it checks for database tables so you know that you typed something wrong.

Hi Steph, I'm running the 02/05/2015 update, and I noticed a few bugs while playing the Russian campaign.
    (1) Even after I've built the most advanced arsenal, newly recruited cannons still have 0 experience despite the building description shows that newly recruited cannons should have 1-3 experience (note: I started recruitment after the arsenal completed).
    (2) Some 1809 guard units appear before the 1809 Russian reform.
    (3) This might or might not be a bug. I can recruit up to 34 Kazaki in Kiev, is this right?

By the way, this is the best NTW mod out there, keep up the wonderful work!

Patrician Artifex

1) What other buildings do you have here? I have added units to several buildings, to avoid stupid things like AI unable to recruit artillery at all because there is only one slot in city. Maybe it has some side effect, like of you have two buildings allowing artillery, one with 0 experience, one with 2 experience, you end up with 2? Also, what experience level for newly recruited infantry and cavalry?
    2) Some have been reported and corrected already, but the update is not release. Can you be mores specific? What units exactly? Is it as starting units, or for recruitment?
    3 No, not normal, it should be 4, probably a typo

In the French campaign, the regimental building with the notice "cavalerie" has no benefits whatsoever, and it doesn't allow the recruitment of any unit. Could this be a bug, or is it just there as a placeholder?

Great mod by the way, I'm having a real good time playing as the French. The regional unit recruitment system and the custom generals are just great, only it's a shame the regimental numbers don't add up as they should (at least not automatically), and the voices on the campaign map are British… Hope you can fix that soon. Other than that you guys made NTW way more immersive for me, good job!

Patrician Artifex

The Cavalerie building was a test to see if I could add faction specific building, but it would work if we could add slots to the city. But since this doesn't work, I abandonned the idea but forgot to delete the building.

For the naming of regiments, there will be some automatic add up, but it will be very limited (like 1st regiment, 2nd regiment), nothing fancy. this is a limitation from the engine: the list is for a class / faction.
    So if I am Britain, and recruit a light cavlary regiment, it will be have the same name, wether the regiment is ligh dragoon recruited in Ireland, hussars recruited in England, or Royalist chasseur à cheval recruited in France.
    In the later case, having something like "Gloucestershire regiment" would look very weird, so I have to use more generic names.

This could be solved if I could add classes to the game. Unfortunately, if I add a class and a unit from this class is in a battle, the game crashes when loading the battle.

For the campaign voices, I have two options:
    - Keep my current system, but add language specific agents.
    - Or change the system, and use copy of the sound. This requires very large sound files, since each sound would need to be copied in a folder specific to the language.

Explanation: currently, I have
    - UK folder: folder used by every faction as base (that's why agent all speak English)
    -- English : all English voices
    -- French: all French voices
    -- German : all German voices.

Now, I could use

- UK folder: used when the controlling faction is English speaking
    - Fr folder: used when the controlling faction is French speaking
    - Ge folder: used when the controlling faction is German speaking

Since the available languages are Arab, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, that's 12 languages. And so the current voice packs need to be 12 times bigger.

That's a lot to upload/download!

An alternate option would be a find of "do it yourself solution". Where I prepare a submod with the vocies configured to use these copy of voices, I explain how to do it with PFM, but provide only the UK based folder, and each player has to make the copies.

I think it may be very heavy, so I'd rather use the "faction specific agent" if it works

Thanks for the extensive reply!

I'm not sure I understand the whole language thing, but I think I can rest assured your intention in the end is to have French armies speak French when they are selected in the campaign map

About the regimental names: I'd be glad already if the numbering is in the appropriate language (as you did with the starting units for France). I personally don't care that much about individual regiment names, as I like to organize my armies with those regimental numbers. Right now I'm manually issuing new names to every single regiment, to represent the (semi-fictional) corps, and the division a unit belongs to (e.g.: "I Rhine - 1ère division inf"). No regimental numbers because that's just too much to keep up with manually

Patrician Artifex

yes, but the regimental name will be based on the controlling faction language. So if Britain recruit a French Royalist regiment in France, it will be named '1st regiment", while if France recruit an English regiment in England, it will be named "1er régiment". It is not possible to have the regiment names in the local local (except for starting units), it has to be in the controlling faction language.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    yes, but the regimental name will be based on the controlling faction language. So if Britain recruit a French Royalist regiment in France, it will be named '1st regiment", while if France recruit an English regiment in England, it will be named "1er régiment". It is not possible to have the regiment names in the local local (except for starting units), it has to be in the controlling faction language.
    If you can manage to have the appropriate numeration for indigenous units that's fine by me, the English should learn French when I'm recruiting them into the Grande Armée

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    1) What other buildings do you have here? I have added units to several buildings, to avoid stupid things like AI unable to recruit artillery at all because there is only one slot in city. Maybe it has some side effect, like of you have two buildings allowing artillery, one with 0 experience, one with 2 experience, you end up with 2? Also, what experience level for newly recruited infantry and cavalry?
    2) Some have been reported and corrected already, but the update is not release. Can you be mores specific? What units exactly? Is it as starting units, or for recruitment?
    3 No, not normal, it should be 4, probably a typo
    1) I tried your idea and figured out why. When you have two buildings able to recruit the same unit but with different experiences, the one with lower exp controls.
    For example, the following buildings in Moskva can recruit Kirasiry 1808:
    Supreme Court (0 exp),
    Staff College (4 exp), and
    Bolshoi Fort (0 exp).
    Kirasiry 1808 (2 exp) becomes available only after I've deleted both Supreme Court and Bolshoi Fort. But this is still buggy, since the Staff College should give it 4 exp.
    This bug affects all the redundant units.

2) The 1809 guards that become available too early are:
    gvareiskie draguny1809
    gvareiskie ulany1809
    Neither are starting units, but both become recruitable before 1808.