Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Navy Battles in DM Shogun II - normal Campaign

Default Re: Navy Battles in DM Shogun II - normal Campaign

Honestly, though, I never really liked naval battles in vanilla, either. They're just boring to me.
    Aztecs invading France? The Pope himself charging into battle? Challenging AI that brings the pain? Check out the Expanded Americas mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivus View Post
    Man that reminds me, I really hate the Navy Battles in DarthMod. I like to use it for its other qualities but man oh man, those navy battles.
    I have hated naval battles ever since ETW due the ridiculous level of micromanagement involved until FotS came out. As long as the weather is not horrible, you don't have to completely babysit every single move and correct orders every two seconds in action.

But yes, I also confirm this happens quite frequently in Sengoku campaign, whereas in Boshin campaign it's more unusual than a common sight.

Hi Odinarius
    I've noticed in you pics that the ai only recruits bow kaboyas
    This is the same thing with my campaign, how many thimes they upgrade there ports they only make bow kaboyas and somethimes (rarely) they make a trade ship.
    But the point is there's no use in the navel battle's if they only recruit bow kaboyas! So darth i really hope you make some patches to get this stupid navel ai up and running.

Senator

can anyone confirm that naval units no longer wait at the end of the map during battles?

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    I think that this is not a bug but a frequent event because naval maps are rather small in this game (unlike ETW for example) and by reducing to realistic levels the turning rates and speeds and also the lethality levels of the ships we can see them to slowly travel as they fight and then when they reach the edge of the map to somewhat stuck there.
    Hey Darth I can now confirme that your words are true, Didnt had alot of chances and time to test out your lateast version of S2, as iīm right now in Germany,Berlin

The around 12+ hours that i played is exact what happens, and as i know the turnings and speed + maps being smaller. The gets bug down and stuck. But if we do approch em or if the enemy ship manice to withdraw em self from the egde.. it will do re attack once more. What i do can say and have seen in Shogun and FOTS is that. At very few times the AI have withdrawn from center battle and then getting stuck on the egde?

Iīm not pretty sure if that was ( ME vs 1 CLAN ) Or if ( ME vs 2 CLANS & a Reforcment joins in? )

The land battles and siege battles that i fought worked pretty well as i expected em to work and function in the exact manners as the older good working versions of yours S2 and in FOTS. Same goes for Campaign map AI behavors.

But iīm sad that i cannot give anymore deeply results and examinations. For the bad parts or the Good Parts. As i was shortly after that, the few days i got the chance to play your newest version to travel southwards to Germany Hoply more friends/fans can give a greater view about your latest version, I cant wait till i return home and start up my new PC again and test everything out ASAP hehe..

Cheers, and itīs nice to see you all again

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

" A faint breeze drifts in the air,
    Cautioning members with words of care.

"Cease this pointless toil and clammer,
    Lest you face the mighty Banhammer!"

And with that the breeze is gone,
    And all members let bygones be bygones."

My new FAN! =^.^=

Is there anyway to disable the naval related changes from Darthmod? I love everything about DMS other than the naval changes, because of the previously stated issues. Ships turning in huge circles to move forward 10 feet, running into the map edge not even 2 minutes into the battle. Not able to board ships b/c of the terrible pathing (huge circles).

So if there is a way to disable just the naval changes I would greatly appreciate someone telling me how, or linking a thread about this if there is already one. I cannot seem to find one.

Thank you for your time

Yes i'm playing sengoku campaign and every naval battle i fight ships ride past me and go straight for border. all enemy ai has nothing but bow kaboya in their navy. also half the trade routes arent functioning properly. I need silk and my ally and trade partner holds the only silk trade but the route doesnt show. only his ships sitting on trade spot taking up space but not trading. like 3 other foreign trade routes are the same ships sitting on routes but not trading. happens everytime i restart campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Slanderbot View Post
    Is there anyway to disable the naval related changes from Darthmod? I love everything about DMS other than the naval changes, because of the previously stated issues. Ships turning in huge circles to move forward 10 feet, running into the map edge not even 2 minutes into the battle. Not able to board ships b/c of the terrible pathing (huge circles).

So if there is a way to disable just the naval changes I would greatly appreciate someone telling me how, or linking a thread about this if there is already one. I cannot seem to find one.

Thank you for your time
    You can use the Pack File Manager (found on this forum) to remove the naval components from the .pack files. I did this for myself as well (for the regular garrison version, version 5.0 final):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...mod_shogun.zip

Quote Originally Posted by melcron View Post
    You can use the Pack File Manager (found on this forum) to remove the naval components from the .pack files. I did this for myself as well (for the regular garrison version, version 5.0 final):

Any chance you could direct me which sections I need to remove in that file using PFM (as I like the Darth Garrisons)? And is there any way of retaining the world map boat speed, but remove all the other naval stuff?. I also can't seem to find the option to be able to tell which units can and can't do tight formation (I found the toggle for loose, but not tight).

Thanks in advance for any tips

so this is still broken?

How are naval battles in ROTS? Do the ships get stuck on the border?
    Last edited by NeonCrayon; June 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM.

"dubble post, delete"
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Quote Originally Posted by NeonCrayon View Post
    How are naval battles in ROTS? Do the ships get stuck on the border?
    Yes and it also happens in Vanilla, a person by name "Korvos" i think.. opend a thread about this in CAīs official forum, i wrote my bug report about navies battle ships behavior... There are maybe some 4000 or more views by now i guess, But not a singel one official respond from CA or any kind of support from there STAFF, And this as been on for a very long time, itīs not an old bug or due to modding.

Iīm so incredible happy for the first time for 10 years of Total War, iīm not pre ordering any of those big special box editions and plastic figureīs. Rome 2 is the only TW i will not have in my collection, maybe 6 month -1 year after, only if it becomeīs moded in a close way of Darth mod realism philosofi. If not, well i wont waste time or money on CA. My support as ended

BR AN.
    By The Holy Pilgrim.

My new FAN! =^.^=

Is it as bad in ROTS as it is in Shogun 2 Vanilla?
    Last edited by NeonCrayon; June 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM.

guys I have only play shogun 2 vanilla (never installed any mod to shogun 2) and I can confirm that I have experienced this bug every tie my local forces were superior

So is FotS the only way to play with Darthmod without having Navy battles malfunction (short of removing the Navy-features of Darthmod all-together)?

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Nothing here.
    Last edited by Frodo45127; July 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

I do think this is still a thing... Any way to fix it other then reverting naval battles back to vanilla (and how do I do it anyways?)

green tea's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by melcron View Post

like he said back in 2013. you must mod the naval files out of darthmod. Now how that works exactly I donīt know, but I am working on a different problem with the same solution and am trying to do basic modding on darthmod.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Try using Bran settings and see if that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12