Thread: Crash on startup after uninstall

Default Crash on startup after uninstall

I used the uninstall hot-fix, but every time I try to start the vanilla game it crashes in the title screen.

Default Re: Crash on startup after uninstall

Also, I can't start the mod after I reinstall it and I have verified the game cache.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Also, I can't start the mod after I reinstall it and I have verified the game cache.
    Hello Snake Plissken,welcome to the forums.

In order to help you i need to know the current status of your ETW as in are you trying to play vanilla or TAR ?,and have you got TAR installed at this moment or not?

Keep us posted.

TAR is Uninstalled at the moment. I'm trying to play the vanilla game. I have tried reinstalling TAR and playing it that way, but it still crashes.

TAR is Uninstalled at the moment. I'm trying to play the vanilla game. I have tried reinstalling TAR and playing it that way, but it still crashes.
    1. Uninstall every left over mod file out of the data folder(also look in folders)
    2. Delete the script and fx_cache files from the Appdata/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/scripts and Appdata/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/fx_cache folders.
    3. Open up steam and run the verify gamecache under empire propeties/local files (this step is important)
    4. Open the Empire data folder and look for any left over mods because the gamecache verification only fixes vanilla files that were replaced by modded ones...easiest way to do this is look at the file dates. The vanilla files should all have the same one from the day you (re-)installed Empire.
    And if you accidently remove and delete a vanilla file, just run the gamecache verification and it will replace the missing one with a new one.

Keep us posted.

Sorry it took me so long to get back.

I couldn't find the fx_cache folders.

However, I did manage to delete the other mod files. The game still didn't work, so i tried reinstalling TAR and I can run it again through that. That's something.

Sorry it took me so long to get back.

I couldn't find the fx_cache folders.

However, I did manage to delete the other mod files. The game still didn't work, so i tried reinstalling TAR and I can run it again through that. That's something.
    If you got it working then everybody is happy i guess.

If not then keep us posted so we can help you out.