Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What did your first Minecraft settlement look like?

Default Re: What did your first Minecraft settlement look like?

It was a giant medieval castle with my home and a few other items inside. There were a lot of underground tunnels to various locations and I planned to cover the castle walls with a roof over the entire enterior.

My first settlement started off as little more than a hole in the side of a mountain, several weeks later it was essentially the mines of Moria.

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Sevurai View Post
    My first settlement started off as little more than a hole in the side of a mountain, several weeks later it was essentially the mines of Moria.

This.

My firt settlement was a medium-small peninsula. The inside was mined out, with multiple mineshaft entrances and the top was surrounded by a wall with farms, an animal enclosure (getting them there was hell), towers and one huge epic tower with a roof covered in burning netherrack. It a sort of gatehouse platform in the water with open sides protected by netherrack and cacti. Later I would a long brides across the lake on the other side and build a D shaped wall on the bridgehead.

Then Windows broke down...

Then I built a really nice Mines of Morea style base in a huge mountain, with open architecture of cobblestone bonanza. But I accidentely deleted the map when reinstalling.
    Now I just walled of a desert village and surround it with sentry turrets from that golem/turrets mod. Ofcourse it includes a nice underground base with a spiraling stair straight to the bedrock but I don't really like it and would like to play online.

I dream of building some sort of Babylon like city, with ziggurats, nice walls, hanging garden style buildings with farms, trees and lots of water. And multiple quaters with a river inbetween with two big bridges or something like that.
    Miss me yet?

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Mine was a dirt house.

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

Now I got this:

[img]http://oi40.tinypic.com/2d41lz.jpg[/img]
    Miss me yet?

Laetus

PC FTW, xbox version is not any good, mif you ask me

My first settlement was a small village at the base of a large mountain, on top of that mountain was a 'large' castle made of cobblestone and oak wood.

The village consisted of I believe 7-8 buildings and a wall surrounding it, a church, a blacksmith, a marketplace, which was made of 3 buildings and the rest were houses.

I don't remember that much cause it was made years ago on Alpha, I think...

I forgot to mention, there was a second wall surrounding the entrance to the castle, which was a long stairway up to the front gate, which was my first ever redstone contraption.

*sigh* I miss the good ol' days of Minecraft, being killed by Creepers and Zombies easy, not wanting to go anywhere near the Enderman, good times.. good times :3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123