Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did your first Minecraft settlement look like?

Icon1 What did your first Minecraft settlement look like?

I figured some people may of wanted to post about how they first started out in minecraft your welcome to post picture's of your first settlement if you like. and describe your experience when your first started out.

Default Re: What did your first Minecraft settlement look like?

Mine first settlement I build was in Alpha somewhere in 2010. I build it in a large mountain/hill in close to the beach I spawned. The entrance was a small path close to the mountain and it had a quite epic galery. It had a central hall of 100 blocks wide and around 50 or something deep. Spend huge amounts of stone pixaces in that.. Since my first day I love building mines and deeply underground mainly cause of this. I played on this map till the beta launched and I swaped the a MP world with my little brother and some real life friends.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My first settlement was the original legion base, fort pinnacle. I never played singleplayer, and I still haven't. Besides creative mode.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

First base on a snowmap back in alpha. It was made completely of planks with a minecart track inside leading down to the mine. I never got it to work properly though, as I only tried using the furnacecart which would only push a cart up extremely slowly. It was crap and I really hated how there was snow everywhere so I started a new map.
    Last edited by Cahoma; October 12, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

My first settlement was on the community server while I was in the epic fail of Vardia, it was an epic fort with a wood log palisade around the perimeter it was also a joyous time back when I had my santa claus skin but harsh time as well with the Rickie hell-bent on ruining my wonderful fort. It started when Rickie tried to steal stufs from me and he was promptly murdered and had his head mounted on a pike but then he came back and poured lava on me and almost burned my cozy home to the ground. Then later on he came back in a group of 3 iirc him, Poach, and Remlap. They bullied me and killed me alot then made me leave my fort, so I was sad and went to go sit on a tree and watch them ravage my creation until Remlap shot at me with a bow and killed me then they broke my bed and I spawned somewhere random away from my fort named Fort Frostmoth.

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If it makes you feel better, Dan, Joss and I drove away those fiendish attackers when they attacked our lands and defeated them utterly in the field. All is not lost, my friend. The Rick-Poach-Rem gang can be defeated!

Anyway my first proper settlement was the Spawn Fort. All glory to it and its prettiness.

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Infdev, found a canyon somewhere and I explored some more till it sort of had a wall that closed it. That wall had a vulva like hole in it and I just instantly thought to myself: "Yeah, I'd better colonize that. "
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

a fort in infdev that was a small island amids a river/lake. I build high smoothstone walls and had lava-lighting in the roof and a nice farm on the roof of my cozy fort.

Quite difficult to remember, it was back in Beta 1.3

Since I filled myself up with tutorials of every kind, I think I just dug up a house cliff-side as a first settlement

Then went ahead and built a house on a high cliff (Not the best choice at that time, clouds going throught the house)

Lord of Lost Socks's Avatar Primicerius

“The human eye is a wonderful device. With a little effort, it can fail to see even the most glaring injustice.”

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I remember the glorious spawn fort Greens! Many a skirmish of the Great War happened there.

My first ever real settlement was a hilltop fort on Guy's first alpha server: it had a little tower keep, a Church of Poach, a few little houses, and a causeway up to it guarded by gatehouses at the top and bottom.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

my first settlement was in the spawn city on stunts alpha server, those were the days.

But my first individual settlements was near ferrets tower, where i made the foundation of a longhouse, me and josstwc made ggrand foundations, and a road there. It was not beatiful.

Later i guess nmy first real settlement was me NHybtgbvfeco2 and eopl making the later named dorwinion. with a grand tower and the biggest boat in the history of minecraft

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

My first settlement (singleplayer):

I'm looking for the old screenshots thread but I think GED might have got rid of all the overall Minecraft forum stuff...

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    I'm looking for the old screenshots thread but I think GED might have got rid of all the overall Minecraft forum stuff...
    Ask and ye shall receive!

Why is it so hidden? That's such a shame.

Still can't find the screenshot thread... I think what you have there Poach is the original server subforum... not the original MC forum itself...

I would love to get at it. Show you guys some classic mode builds.
    Last edited by removeduser_487563287433; October 17, 2012 at 04:53 AM.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Here is the screenshot thread ferrets, it never vanished it has been here for all the time
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=401861

Here's my very first base:

I remember being utterly terrified of the game so you can see it's pretty hide from zombies minded.

This was my final finished project:

Makrell - that's a much more recent thread than the original one. At least I'm sure there was one that predated the server. I'm pretty sure I made the original MC thread back in 2009 but I can't find that either.

Really annoying... I can find the threads I made for Love and Dwarf Fortress but not the original Minecraft one...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...highlight=love

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99915

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=335823

It was renamed to General Discussion.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast