Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Druchii Expansion – Malus Darkblade, Sorceresses of Ghrond and the Cult of Slaanesh - A CoW 1.51 Mod

Default Druchii Expansion – Malus Darkblade, Sorceresses of Ghrond and the Cult of Slaanesh - A CoW 1.51 Mod

Apologies for the delay everyone, Christmas, New Years and a busy work schedule in January got in the way of the release........speaking of release......here it is:

http://depositfiles.com/files/jenw7c3ef

http://depositfiles.com/files/5ht41zu8y

- this link above contains the export_descr_ancillaries file, as I noticed a small typo in an ancillaries .tga which meant that Anethra received the incorrect image for her Wand of the Kharaidon - copy+past this small into your CoW data folder.

EDIT: Zipped/Packed: 267MB and unpacked: 410MB

IMPORTANT NOTE: The files and game have been modified to suit the Druchii, you can still play another faction (not recommended) but most of the in-game text will relate to Dark Elves and/or Druchii. This mod is purely intended to enhance the Druchii and is therefore aimed at players who wish to use this faction only.

It is recommended that you make a copy of your complete CoW folder in case you wish to revert back to the original someday.

Simply download the .rar file and copy and paste the data folder (no need to open and extract the individual files) into your CoW folder, your path should look something like this: C:/Program Files/SEGA/Medieval II Total War/mods/Call_of_Warhammer - paste my files into this location. If you have done this correctly the game will run as normal from your usual shortcut and you'll be on your way to pillaging and raiding the Old World ;-)

A small note on the Cult of Slaanesh (only read if you want to know how to recruit their troops):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Their emergence is a Scripted event (not random, it will happen) and their troops may be recruited at the top tier of the Dogs of War Camp. Reason being is that when I tried to link the recruitment to the emerging script the units were not available for recruitment, so by the time you build all the tiers, the Cult will have emerged.

Credits:

A special and big thank you to TWMadman for his Malus Darkblade expansion mod for CoW 1.5, which was the inspiration and basis for my mod (all of the original contents from his mod will be found also in this one). The original mod may be found here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=533577

He has graciously given me his permission to continue this great mod and port it over to CoW1.51
    Secondly, another big thank you to the CoW development team, without whom neither of these ‘Sub mods’ would be possible, thank you for creating CoW.

Maltacus: For the use of his Shades Unit card:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=543031

I hope you enjoy the MOD and happy raiding :-)

Druchii Expansion – Malus Darkblade, Sorceresses of Ghrond and the Cult of Slaanesh

What is it though?

Having played the Dark Elves in CoW 1.51 I felt that perhaps they were neglected to a certain extent and appeared to be unfinished. This is understandable as they are not a main protagonist in the Storm of Chaos, but they do have a rich, brutal, bloody background and a cool unit roster to match, it just seemed a shame to have them not quite complete.

As mentioned above, taking TWMadmans mod as a base, I started to expand and immerse the Dark Elves into the actual game. I wanted to give them a story or theme so the player could perhaps interact with them as a faction in game. The Druchii present in the Old World at this time are a raiding party to certain extents, it’s not a full scale invasion. This is why the Sorceresses of Ghrond and the Cult of Slaanesh were created. Here is a quote from the Storm of Chaos book:

“Fearing assault from the north while her son, the Witch King Malekith, fought on Ulthuan, the Dark Sorceresses Morathi sought to embrace the coming of the Chaos legions and turn them to her own needs.

With Malekith utterly fixated upon reclaiming Ulthuan, Morathi was concerned with the amount of energy this ongoing war was draining from the Druchii nation. Morathi decided the time was right to revive the Cult of Slaanesh to become a significant power once more.”

As we can see, the main Druchii forces were preoccupied with Ulthuan and Morathi saw a chance to revive the Cult of Slaanesh. So alongside Malus, the mod will feature more involvement from Sorceresses, Witch Elves and the Cult of Slaanesh itself.

There are special characters to represent Sorceresses and Witch Elves acting in the name of Morathi and later in the game the actual Cult of Slaanesh comes into play and you will be able to recruit troops as listed in the Storm of Chaos, such as Daemonettes, Warriors, Knights etc. To add to the immersion, the names of the units have been changed, so Marauders of Slaanesh will now be Warriors of the Hung Tribe and Chaos Knights of Slaanesh are Knights of the Cult of Slaanesh for example.

The mod features many new and exciting elements such as new Traits and Ancillaries, including Druchii Anointed, Bride of Khaine, Champion of Chaos, Chaos Spawn and many, many more. Unit names and descriptions have been updated as well as building descriptions. There are also new Unit Cards for the Dark Elves and High Elves (since you will be fighting them often, I updated their unit cards) along with new building cards.

The mod is 90% finished. I will post some in game shots within the coming week.

There is also a complete new set of character portraits.

I hope you enjoy the preview and I look forward to sharing my work with you in more depth very soon.

EDIT:

Here are the new Unit Cards for the Druchii and Cult of Slaanesh along with the High Elves:

The Cult of Slaanesh arrives in the Old World......

Good news.....! It's finished, now I begin packing the files and upload soon, in the mean time here's a small preview of what's to come:

The mod features numerous chanages and enhancements to the 'vanilla' Dark Elf faction. There are over 30 specific Dark Elf Ancillaries and as many Traits. Many Ancillaries and Traits and are exclusive to certain Characters in-game such as Isilvar the Druchii Anointed and his Chaos Spawn!

As detailed above, all the unit cards and unit info data has been renewed along with the Chaos units whom are part of the Cult of Slaanesh, they have specific unit cards, unit info and descriptions, so they are very different to the already present Chaos roster.

Also included are over 40 Dark Elf specific loading screens and a unique loading 'spalsh' page and game options page - this mod really is catered 100% towards playing as the Druchii!!!!! Here's some imagery to wet your appetite ;-)

'Splash' Page:

Game Options Page:

New Loading Screens:

The bottom 4 are from TWmadmans original mod

New Building Cards and Descriptions:

Meet the Generals.....

Malus Darkblades' Starting Position:

Malus Darkblade:

Kerithi - The Dark Sorceress:

Gharlek - Druchii General:

Inaran - Druchii General:

Ilsaeth - Bride of Khaine:

The Cult of Slaanesh arrives:

Anethra - Cult of Slaanesh Sorceress:

Isilvar - Druchii Anointed:

Tsubikal - Cult of Slaanesh Champion:

Overall, the mod is a comlete overhaul of the Dark Elf Faction and will allow the player to really immerse themselves with them and their Cultist allies.
    Last edited by King Arthur; January 26, 2013 at 02:08 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Druchii Expansion – Malus Darkblade, Sorceresses of Ghrond and the Cult of Slaanesh - A CoW 1.51 Mod

Good to see this project back. +rep

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Default Re: Druchii Expansion – Malus Darkblade, Sorceresses of Ghrond and the Cult of Slaanesh - A CoW 1.51 Mod

^This. Looks like my next campaign will be DE, again

Awesome. I will definitely be playing this.
    Make America great again!

don't forget to add my own musics from the previous mod

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Looks interesting.

PM me if you would like to use the Druchii Anointed general model I made for my submod campaign.

Thanks to you all for your support. I have updated the first post with screen shots.

The Cult of Slaanesh has arrived!

Thanks to you all for your support. I have updated the first post with screen shots.

The Cult of Slaanesh has arrived!

Opps! Sorry, it said wait 20 seconds before posting again, but it still posted, sorry for the double post!

man these are great.keep up the great work
    btw are the slaanesh cult units recruitable

Quote Originally Posted by VladVonCarstein View Post
    man these are great.keep up the great work
    btw are the slaanesh cult units recruitable
    Hey Vlad,

Thanks for the compliments, appreciated.

Very much so, after the Cult of Slaanesh event, the units will be recruitable.

Cheers

KA

forgot to ask.is the cult event will start in some x turn later or like other mercenary events like in cow

forgot to ask.is the cult event will start in some x turn later or like other mercenary events like in cow
    Hey Vlad

It is a scripted event with a set date, so it will happen. It's not scripted too late so the player will have the chance to enjoy the Cult army.

Cheers

KA

thanks for replys bro.
    awaiting your mod with a patiance
    +rep
    Last edited by VladVonCarstein; October 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

any news about the mod?

any news about the mod?
    Hi Vlad, its a busy period for me right now with work, so Im having to spend less time modding sadly. I am however testing some triggers for new Ancillaries and after this, the mod will be ready.

Cheers

KA

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    don't forget to add my own musics from the previous mod
    It's all in there and sounds very dramatic and fitting

First post updated with a new preview :-)

This looks exquisite. Can't wait to play it!

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

^This x 2 PS. Maybe spoilers at OP, makes it a bit easier to check.

Nice

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast