Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assembly Kit Update - 10.10.2012

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Assembly Kit Update - 10.10.2012

If I understand correctly the sound bug happens when adding new units ? Will this also be an issue when creating units with the unit editor ? Has anyone successfully created a new unit yet ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

How did you manage to edit startpos?
    I still get "failed to save", and there is no startpos.esf in the folder it says it tries to save in.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Akaie View Post
    Perhaps post some screenshots for us to examine .
    I'm afraid there's nothing to examine--as far as the issue goes, I double click any of the executables in binaries folder, an error message pops up, looking like the attachment.

There's nothing else to do but close the window by clicking OK.

Since I'm unable to make use of the official tools, I'm just sticking to using PFM.

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    I still get "failed to save", and there is no startpos.esf in the folder it says it tries to save in.
    There are blank bob rules by default in each one of the startpos folders. Those need to be deleted first as they screw up the pack process if let as is. Let me know if that works (It should), if not I'll go through step by step to make sure I'm not forgetting anything.

EDIT: I used this rule in the working data folder -

[Pack]
    <Files> = campaign_maps/bos_japan/*.esf
    PackFile = <retail>/data/mod.pack
    PackType = mod

And then I put this one in the db folder

[Pack]
    BasePath = /
    PackType = mod
    Last edited by rainkloud; October 17, 2012 at 08:12 PM.

I deleted the rules.bob (?) in the working data/campaign folder. The modding kit extracted directly to the root folder. It seems to have trouble when extracting to (example) e:\xxx\xxx\xxx\xxx etc. Extracting to e:\xxx works fine.

I didn't edit any rules whatsoever.

p/s: The delete stuff only happened when I was editing the Gempei stuff. Didn't have to delete anything when I add turns per year for the Shogun 2 campaign.

Well the rules.bob can't really be it... even if I don't select "pack" as consumer action, I get the "failed to save" message (even after I deleted the rules.bob in working_data/campaings/jap_boshin).
    What I do in BOB is in "working data" column, open campaigns/jap_boshin, select "startpos.esf" and choose Provider actions->Campaign/process start pos (jap_boshin).
    All lines below "Campaign" in the action window are green except the last one (Campaign/process start pos (jap_boshin) which is red.
    What's also weird is that the Mod Manager comes up during processing, and I have to close it first to have the result window do anything anymore.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

The mod manager will come out. During the processing it seems like the game is trying to load actually.

What I did was like what you advice actually.

In BOB, select working data column click on the campaigns/jap_gempei/startpos.esf and then on retail column select the data/mod.pack

I did actually deleted the earlier Assembly tools after the update because it seems not to be working. Deleted the whole lot and re-download again fully from Steam.

start_pos reprocessing has to load the game to complete the process, and should be loaded automatically when you do it through BOB (hence why the Mod Manager is appearing).
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    start_pos reprocessing has to load the game to complete the process, and should be loaded automatically when you do it through BOB (hence why the Mod Manager is appearing).
    So do I have to leave Mod Manager open? Or actually start the game?
    I did leave it open for about 5 minutes, but there was no discernable activity by it (neither CPU nor filesystem, checked using Resource Manager), so I gave up. Estimated time in the BOB window in the background went to something like 2 hours.
    And as soon as I close it, the fail appears.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

You need to start the game. Normally BOB would launch it automatically but as you have mods it is bringing up mod manager first. The game wshould close once the reprocessing is complete.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

What I do in BOB is in "working data" column, open campaigns/jap_boshin, select "startpos.esf" and choose Provider actions->Campaign/process start pos (jap_boshin).
    All lines below "Campaign" in the action window are green except the last one (Campaign/process start pos (jap_boshin) which is red.

That I believe is your problem. Don't go to the working data column. Instead, go to the Raw data, then database folder. From there select the start pos file you edited. Then select the appropriate campaign folder from the consumer list. For instance, Boshin if the want Fall of the Sam. When you do this, typically all the other start pos will be auto ticked for you. In addition, required files in the campaign, campaign maps and text folders will be auto ticked for you in the working data folder. From there, select your mod on the retail side and ensure that you have appropriate bob files in all the working data folders that BOB wants to process.

I used:

[Pack]
    BasePath = /
    PackType = mod

in the text and campaigns folders and i left the campaign maps folder devoid of any rules. Instead I put this rule:

[Pack]
    <Files> = campaign_maps/bos_japan/*.esf
    PackType = mod

In the working data folder.

You may want to get more specific with the first two folders to increase mod compatibility but for my purposes it works. Try that and see if it works mate. Oh you prolly already know this but for others, the bos_japan is for fall of the sam only. Adjust the files accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    You need to start the game. Normally BOB would launch it automatically but as you have mods it is bringing up mod manager first. The game wshould close once the reprocessing is complete.
    This too! I Forgot you need to let them game start when BOB is processing.

Doesn't work either. Game freezes at a loading screen (I kept it like that for about half an hour), ctrl-alt-del needed to see the "Shogun 2" has stopped working" dialog.

All the "Form Launcher"s in TWeak crash for me too btw.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Ok, then two things from here I would suggest.

1)Ensure that there are no other bob files in the folders mentioned that could be screwing with the pack.

2)Try redownloading the tools. When they did the update they updated the game with pack 24 but also the mod tools. I had to do this before the start pos would work.

Fingers crossed that works

Shogun is still crashing after started by BOB.
    EDIT: I did track it down to the DB changes I made; if I leave these out, processing works and produces a startpos. Weird because I can start a game with the DB changes put into a pack and activated as mod.

Anyway, I did put together a short basic modding tutorial video:

Last edited by daniu; October 20, 2012 at 04:44 PM.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Sorry if this is off-topic, but does anyone now know whether or not it's possible to create a totally new campaign map or just tweak aspects about the current one? No one was sure on day 1.

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    Sorry if this is off-topic, but does anyone now know whether or not it's possible to create a totally new campaign map or just tweak aspects about the current one? No one was sure on day 1.
    This is something which is still yet to be determined. CA has said that everything is there, I have been doing a lot of testing and examining of the files and this would definitely seem to true, its seems that everything needed to make a map is indeed editable. However, the full potential is still unknown; this thread follows some of the progress which is being made.

that's like saying counter strike source is moddable. not really. you can change a few player and weapon models around, but the game will be exactly the same otherwise. gone are the days of total conversions like crescent moon for medieval 2. anyone who thinks this is "modding" has clearly been had by ca once again.

Nice one! I’m gonna post mine soon..

Sengoku Sushi's Avatar Libertus

Where is THE DOWNLOAD???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast