Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Heart of Iron game announced : East Vs. West. (Cold War)

Default New Heart of Iron game announced : East Vs. West. (Cold War)

Paradox Interactive has announced the cold war game East Vs. West: A Heart of Iron Game. The game releases in the second quarter of 2013 for PC.

The strategy game is a new installment in the Hearts of Iron series and this time takes place during the Cold War, the period from 1946 to 1991. Players take during this period a nation of your choice and try to increase their influence through diplomacy, economics or espionage, while the tension of the Cold War and a rising nuclear threat increases.

Players can invoke the help of the UN, if other solutions were impossible. The game features a multiplayer mode where up to 32 players against each other in an arms race.

What are you expetations TWC? I will consider buying after 2 months and 10 patches.

Trailer:

trailer

boxart
    boxart
    Last edited by Diglytron; October 09, 2012 at 03:12 AM.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: New Heart of Iron game announced : East Vs. West. (Cold War)

time to fight epic wars as israel.

Lol. Less response. Had expected much more for an HO game. But yea, inactive forum I guess

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    time to fight epic wars as israel.
    Watch as Paradox either overpower Israel and they end up actually conquering the entire Middle East during their wars, or underpower Israel and they die right away.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Hope this doesn't blow.

Looks Great!

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

Hopefully the map will be more detailed or will have several maps in narrower scope so wars like Vietnam and the Israeli ones will be possible. HOI 1-3 doesn't really offer this since you can run over those areas in a few days, not sure how much fun fighting with 8 divisions against 20 will be in Israel if the enemy can see all of my troops since he borders all my provinces.

Campidoctor

Considering the time period, there is going to be a lot of teenage angst over, "MY COUNTRY IS TO UNDERPOWERED DAMNIT! THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO STEAMROLL ALL OTHER NATIONS! GODAMNIT, YOU ARE SO BIASED PARADOX!!!" Looking forward to release day.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm not a massive fan of the HoI3 map or engine :/
    I'll probably wait until it goes on sale haha.

Looks very interesting, but I'm finding it hard to keep up with each new release. I have yet to play the Victoria games because of a lack of time. Yet I'm fascinated by the era's history so it is a must. Currently hooked on EU2/EU3 and CK/CK2.

I wish they spent more time making really solid, comprehensive releases as opposed to churning out a new one every few months.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Watch as Paradox either overpower Israel and they end up actually conquering the entire Middle East during their wars, or underpower Israel and they die right away.
    there's actually a discussion on this on the paradox forums which i've been following closely

Is this another expansion to HOI3, a new game in the HOI series (HOI 4 in all but name), or a game similar to HOI3 made by Paradox set in a different era?
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Poach's Avatar Civitate

A new gane. It's built off the Hearts of Iron game engine, hence "A Hearts of Iron Game".

So, the last option on my list?

It's a tad confusing sorry
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

The game isn't being made by Paradox studios themselves but by the team, Bi-Logic (The people that made Arsenal of Democracy, another HOI spinoff game). I'm surprised Paradox is still allowing indie teams to develop games on their engines after what happened with "For the Glory" and "Magna Mundi".

From pixel hunting the screenshots I see what I assume is a doomsday clock and defcon indicator. This game looks almost too ambitious with everything it plans on having, it is certainly going to be one of the more complex Paradox titles.
    Last edited by Sigma; October 10, 2012 at 04:39 PM.

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Here you can find an interesting interview of the devs (in english) :
    http://www.leclandesofficiers.com/Fo...ive-interview/

Orko's Avatar Praeses

The box art is a little misleading.
    Is this game like HOI3's EUR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    The game isn't being made by Paradox studios themselves but by the team, Bi-Logic (The people that made Arsenal of Democracy, another HOI spinoff game). I'm surprised Paradox is still allowing indie teams to develop games on their engines after what happened with "For the Glory" and "Magna Mundi".

From pixel hunting the screenshots I see what I assume is a doomsday clock and defcon indicator. This game looks almost too ambitious with everything it plans on having, it is certainly going to be one of the more complex Paradox titles.
    Ahhh okay, makes sense
    My specs:

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I would definetly buy this if there was a nuclear option.

there is a nuclear option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast