Thread: Imbalanced trait system

Default Imbalanced trait system

Although I think all the work done on this mod Is extremely impressive I am very disturbed by the imbalance In the trait system. What really plagues this is the fact that 90% of generals have traits that completely destroying their usefulness. Traits like hasty hotheaded conceited Shy Procrastinator and pawn of the gods are all Realistic traits but everybody has them. This causes the influence of a character to be most of the time 0. It does not help that they gain these automatically regardless of how you act in the game. For example I had one Macedonian 16-year-old general go down and single-handedly destroy the entire Spartan nation yet he still had zero stars zero influence and zero management, not to mention he's a procrastinator hotheaded, not like his father conceited careless dishonest an adulter lewd and welcoming to foreigners? What agitates me most is the negative traits continue to grow yet everyone has them so No general gets anywhere near anything. It really ing pisses me off. I've played Rome total war for probably a decade I don't feel like I should be Punished for commanders. Is it because I play on Very hard difficultly? If so the trade should reward that not Punish it's so aggravating you can build a beautiful empire and have generals that do not do anything but simply grow worse and worse and worse.

Default Re: Imbalanced trait system

i would have to slightly agree with you on that on there.
    but what really bothers me this the "Family Member" trait that EVERY SINGLE person has that is trying to marry a daughter.
    of course it says that the Family Member makes public order go down and can eventually lead to full revolts.
    i dont understand this, maybe a few here and there but its all of them...

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by azulfan01 View Post
    i would have to slightly agree with you on that on there.
    but what really bothers me this the "Family Member" trait that EVERY SINGLE person has that is trying to marry a daughter.
    of course it says that the Family Member makes public order go down and can eventually lead to full revolts.
    i dont understand this, maybe a few here and there but its all of them...
    You misunderstand the "Family Member" trait. It isn't negative per se, it just states that your character is a family Member.

The description of the trait states that if you use a family Member to govern a client state, there (and only there!) public order will go down. This is very realistic and historically accurate, so it's a feature.

Note that you probably have just a few client states, so normally it doesn't make a difference. Anyone with this trait is a possible heir, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Magww View Post
    Although I think all the work done on this mod Is extremely impressive I am very disturbed by the imbalance In the trait system. What really plagues this is the fact that 90% of generals have traits that completely destroying their usefulness. Traits like hasty hotheaded conceited Shy Procrastinator and pawn of the gods are all Realistic traits but everybody has them. This causes the influence of a character to be most of the time 0. It does not help that they gain these automatically regardless of how you act in the game. For example I had one Macedonian 16-year-old general go down and single-handedly destroy the entire Spartan nation yet he still had zero stars zero influence and zero management, not to mention he's a procrastinator hotheaded, not like his father conceited careless dishonest an adulter lewd and welcoming to foreigners? What agitates me most is the negative traits continue to grow yet everyone has them so No general gets anywhere near anything. It really ing pisses me off. I've played Rome total war for probably a decade I don't feel like I should be Punished for commanders. Is it because I play on Very hard difficultly? If so the trade should reward that not Punish it's so aggravating you can build a beautiful empire and have generals that do not do anything but simply grow worse and worse and worse.
    RSII offers a very realistic trait system. Every general has his own strenghts and weaknesses, and Vanilla-Style God-like commanders with everything maxed out simply don't exist, neither in the mod nor historically.

RSII aims to be realistic, so there is no reason I can see to bring them back. If you care for your generals you can still have your 10 stars, but they aren't just presented to you on a silvern plate, you have to pick the right persons and then you have to nurture their respective talents. It adds a lot of in-game depth, and I wouldn't want to miss it.

ok. i understand now and thanks for that.
    but why does everyone have that trait? i think ive started like 5 unfinished roman campaigns (mostly because i get either bored of it or because i havnt liked the way they were headed) and i dont think ive ever seen a betrothed without it.