Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RS2.5 Unit Guide, complete !

Default Re: RS2.5 Unit Guide, complete !

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    some of the graphics here might be helpful:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post11160547
    Thanks a lot, Tone. Am doing Seleucid but that gives a lot of clues, too.

Downloaded, thanks so much mate!

Spoiler for King of Persia
    ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴋɪɴɢs

Hi, I checked this unit guide, and I have one question about roman archers, in unit guide are two archers units for roman post marian, roman syrian archers, and roman cretan archers.
    syrian archers is meant cohors I damascenorvm sagittariorvm? and cretan archers is meant cohortes thracum sagittariorvm?

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

that is impressive... oh Sarmatian why do all people say Samartian!? anyway that is a minor issue! ty for all your efforts!

Hi all!

I have a couple of questions regarding some units and abilities.
    1. What does the "Hardy" ability in units do? Are they harder to kill? Resist bad weather better? Good morale?
    2. In this list I see "Roman horse archer" and some Heavy Cavalry named "Ala I Gemina" recruitable. I have conquered most of western europe but have never seen them in my recruitment que.
    Am I doing something wrong? I have a mixture of city types, can build a lot of named legions and local troops. When I am on the subject, what is the best unit the romans can produce that had effective against armor? Now I'm using Volcae Axman.

Thanks a bunch for taking time to read and hopefully answer!

I've noticed that under Macedon, according to the unit guide, you aren't able to recruit Thraikan Elite Falxman. However, in game, the Mercenary building's description tells you that they are indeed recruitable.

I do not understand the codes under the heading Recruitment Place. For example, Post marian, Cohors Batavorum can be recruited in the Oppidum, Provincial a1 a5 a7. What do you mean by Provincial a1 a5 a7? I looked on the maps in the important data file, but that numbering system is clearly not what you are using.

Along that line, is there a single listing of the regions where post reform numbered legions and auxilia are raised?

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

I kind of preffered the EB tool... when you selected a unit and it showed the regions where you could recruit them... that and the buildings needed would help even better I think... a visual interface... a program... you know what I mean, but this is better than nothing right!?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Good job mate and thanks for your effort...
    Much appreciated...

Sorry everybody, i was fully tied up for the past months between my works and a speed run so did not check in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Budkyns View Post
    Hi, I checked this unit guide, and I have one question about roman archers, in unit guide are two archers units for roman post marian, roman syrian archers, and roman cretan archers.
    syrian archers is meant cohors I damascenorvm sagittariorvm? and cretan archers is meant cohortes thracum sagittariorvm?
    Yes probably my fault here. For simplicity i used the units' internal names, which may differ from the descriptive names shown in game. Another example you will see is the African Assault Infantry in the EDU is called Carthage Marines in game. Another reference round to the descriptive text will solve the issue but i only learned that after completion of the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser
    I've noticed that under Macedon, according to the unit guide, you aren't able to recruit Thraikan Elite Falxman. However, in game, the Mercenary building's description tells you that they are indeed recruitable.
    I've noticed such deviation too, which can't be explained from the EDU and EDB. My guess is you have taken the building over from some faction that can recruit Thraikan Elite Falxman. What the Merc building can do is already decided when it is built.

Quote Originally Posted by genghis_jap
    1. What does the "Hardy" ability in units do? Are they harder to kill? Resist bad weather better? Good morale?
    2. In this list I see "Roman horse archer" and some Heavy Cavalry named "Ala I Gemina" recruitable. I have conquered most of western europe but have never seen them in my recruitment que.
    1. No idea
    2. You have to come to the area where you can train those units, which are Area 11-12-14-15. Horse archers is a specialty of the east, they simply do not exist in western europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zom
    I do not understand the codes under the heading Recruitment Place. For example, Post marian, Cohors Batavorum can be recruited in the Oppidum, Provincial a1 a5 a7. What do you mean by Provincial a1 a5 a7? I looked on the maps in the important data file, but that numbering system is clearly not what you are using.

Along that line, is there a single listing of the regions where post reform numbered legions and auxilia are raised?
    For sake of space, a1 simply means Area 1 in the recruitment map
    Similarly a1.3 means Region 3 in Area 1

Hello all
    At first I would like to thank you for the very good job done.

I have read in this forum about the superiority of the named legions. Looking at the statistics on the Unit Guide I see that

The Polybian Republic Legion has statistics 12,10,11,37,21

While the post Marian

Cohors X Italia has statistics 10,12,8,35,21

And the Best post Marian Unit
    Roman late praetorian 14,11,12,45,24

there must be something I miss here because I see no to little superiority of the post Marian units.

Please fill the gap

I thank you in advance

Hmm, can we have an excel worksheet? It will be helpful for any sub-modders who wants to make any minor adjustment to the units.

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

I don't seem to be able to view it...
    Last edited by Rijul.J.Ballal; January 19, 2013 at 07:57 AM.

Domesticus

I'm not seeing it now?

You can download the guide again?

bood afternoon, i need help. i can't donwload this archiver

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Hi advenedizo. Did you used this link? Right now it worked for me.
    (If you speak spanish VM me and tell me exactly whats the problem)

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Hi advenedizo. Did you used this link? Right now it worked for me.
    (If you speak spanish VM me and tell me exactly whats the problem)
    THANKS VERY MUCH, IT IS FIRST TIME THAT I CAN DOWNLOAD THIS.

NOW IT IS OK. THANK

Really well done! Excellent layout and great info!

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Superb work on the guide!

One glaring typo I found was: SAMARTIANS instead of the correct SARMATIANS lol

There were no Martian invaders in Eastern Europe I hope... Tis not a sci fi strategy game, is it lol. Just kidding around.

were the Armenian horse archer and Armenian javelin cav. taken out of the unit roster? In the original Armenian preview these units were present now I don't see them. Armenia gets Scythian horse archers and no javelin cav.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast