Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TE Multiplayer campaign Diplomacy/Discussion thread

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default TE Multiplayer campaign Diplomacy/Discussion thread

This thread is for discussion and diplomacy for all players of the TE MP campaign. Please limit this thread to just that. I will delete any posts that are not relavent to this campaign.

For the full technical readout on the script, please refer to this post.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...65&postcount=1

Once again here is the list of players. I will get a list of the order turns we take turns soon.

Gaius Balter: Britania
    jw1089- Greeks
    Favre- Rome
    YourCanadian666-Armenia
    Ulyoath-Baktria
    Hannibal Barca- Ptolymies (sp? bah i dont care)
    Hader- Thrace

Here are the rules that we will be playing by

Each player will take their turn, and attach the save game here or email it to the next player. And, after each turn the player must write a short report detailing important events that happened during their turn. These events include:

Successful assassinations of generals of any human player's faction
    Ships sunk if it involves another human player
    Battle fought if involving another human player
    Diplomacy reached if involving another human player

We have to report because with this script, you will not get any of the alert scrolls on the side of your screen (you know, the End of Turn reports, Faction News, etc.).

Each player has 24 hours to complete their turn, so the game isnt delayed for a long time. Please do not signup if you are not around often, because it will waste time. Anyone who does not complete their turn in 24 hous will have their turn carried out by the AI or by a trusted human ally.

Other rules
    Battles can be fought on the campaign map at anytime ONLY if they are against AI only. If your army ever attacks a human players army then you MUST autoresolve. It isnt fair that one player gets to use strategy and one doesnt, so auto resolve is the fairest way to go.

Do not initiate dipomacy with any other human player unless agreed upon beforehand.

Do not cheat. This should be common sense, and plus, I dont think the cheats would work with this campaign anyway. Just please, dont cheat in any way.

Dont take other peoples save games and look at them. That is cheating.

Diplomacy rules: Not much to say about this, already said a lot about it. Just make any diplomacy public with the rest of the players, do not keep it secret. You can ally with any human player, you just all have to agree and make it public. But there is one rule that concerns this. We will have no more than 3 human factions in an alliance, to prevent any superalliances from winning the game.

Well, thats about it, if you have any questions just ask.

Questions or comments while I get this going?
    Last edited by Hader; July 24, 2006 at 02:39 PM.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Blog Entries

Default Re: TE Multiplayer campaign Diplomacy/Discussion thread

Okay, the script will be up for downlad in a minute in another thread (the reporting thread). Here is the order that we will take our turns in.

Baktria-Ulyoath
    Rome-Favre
    Egypt-Hannibal Barca
    Britannia-Gaius Balter
    Armenia-YourCanadian666
    Greeks-jw1089
    Thrace-Hader

Blog Entries

Come one people, lets see some diplomacy here! Ill start it off with this: I would like to offer an alliance with the Greek Cities, and also trade rights, military access and map information.

Ok then, I offer trade rights to all and accept all offers of trade rights.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Barca
    Ok then, I offer trade rights to all and accept all offers of trade rights.
    I accept your trade rights and offer them

Cool, Im second, This is TE 5.1 right?

Im down with Trade rights for all, and offer it to all. I request an alliance with the Greek Cities

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Favre
    Cool, Im second, This is TE 5.1 right?

Im down with Trade rights for all, and offer it to all. I request an alliance with the Greek Cities
    Yup this is 5.1

I Accept trade rights and offer them

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Ok, I accept and extend offers of trade rights to all. Request Alliance with SPQR.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Blog Entries

I accept trade rights from Brittania as well, and offer them.

I might also remind you guys.....you still have to send a diplomat to the players ingame to get these diplomatic terms. We just have to carry out diplomacy in this thread since those End of Turn Report scroll things do not show up in this campaign.

i have one question, will this effect normal singleplayer saved games for 5.1? or do i need to back up some text files?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YourCanadian666
    i have one question, will this effect normal singleplayer saved games for 5.1? or do i need to back up some text files?
    Hmmm, as far as I know no, it shouldnt. I have never tried another non MP campaign when there are files for a MP one in. But I would think not, as MP campaigns require you to activate the script each turn, so if you wanted to play another non MP campaign then you should still be able to play it, you just dont activate the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar
    Ok, I accept and extend offers of trade rights to all. Request Alliance with SPQR.
    Accepted

Blog Entries

Come on, this cant be the only diplomacy. Anyone else? I also offer and accept all trade right with any and all factions.

Blog Entries

I request map information and 50000 from Thrace.

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Blog Entries

I request map information and 50000 from Thrace.
    You better be joking....
    Map information both ways. Deal?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hader
    You better be joking....
    Map information both ways. Deal?
    OK, map information both ways. I also request miltary access, so I can place my forces near Greece.

​​

The House of Baltar

Blog Entries

OK, map information both ways. I also request miltary access, so I can place my forces near Greece.
    Military Access denied.......for the moment........but do you really wish to say your intentions like that?

Military Access requested with Britain

Blog Entries

Military Access denied.......for the moment........but do you really wish to say your intentions like that?
    Military Access requested with Britain
    Ok, maybe Im getting a little bit ahead of myself here. Since Im starting out with one city Ill need to build up for a few years before marching my armies all over the map.

​​

The House of Baltar

sorry that i havent seen this thread sooner.... has it started? oh crap.. in any case, i will accept your terms Hader

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast