Thread: ***Campaign balance mod v1.0**** now released!

Default ***Campaign balance mod v1.0**** now released!

Hi all,

I have now released version 1 of my mod, the Campaign Balance mod. You can download it from steam workshop and from this thread below. It is called campaign balance mod v0.75, but it is in fact version 1 so you can rename it if you like.

INSTALL from this thread: Unzip the file into your shogun 2 data folder and launch using the mod manager when the game starts. The mod is listed as campaign balance mod in the mod manager, make sure no other mods are ticked.

your default install directory should look something like:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data

Here is a list of some of the changes made in the mod:
    -ashigaru upkeep costs are higher. They are cheaper to recruit though.
    - Samurai upkeep costs are lower. Conversely they are far more expensive to recruit than in vanilla shogun (approximately double). Monks and special units like ninjas are also cheaper to maintain.
    - guns have a minimum range of 125. Shimazu heavy guns and gun heroes have range 150 now!
    - explosive weapons, eg grenades and mortars are now far more powerful in pitched battles.
    - most samurai stats have been changed. eg. Naginata samurai and nodachi samurai are roughly equivalent in terms of overall power. Yari samurai are less powerfull, but cheaper.
    - long yari ashigaru have been nerfed, but they can use spear square formation as well as pike wall now.
    - all vs cavalry bonuses have been reduced dramatically. Cavalry armies are more powefull in the campaign than in the vanilla version.
    - Ai is more expansive as a result of improvements to lower tier samurai units.
    Lots more changes are planned, depending on the feedback I get for this mod.

Feel free to comment below.
    Last edited by beastfeast; November 03, 2012 at 11:51 PM.

Default Re: Campaign balance mod v0.6

Well I started a hojo campaign on hard, short campaign. I'm up to 11 provinces, destroyed satomi, Imagawa and Oda. I expanded quickly so I'm not well liked but I made Saito and Kiso my vassals and I'm allied with Takeda, which could be a problem if they attack Kiso. It's a bit strange having the upkeep so high on yari and bow ashigaru but with the cheaper recruitment cost it's possible to recruit a couple units and build something that will help the economy, it gets a decent balance if you do it that way.

You can host it here just put a .zip with your pack in it in your first post. Here's the save game if somebody wants to try it(original version of the mod).
    Last edited by wealthmonger; November 08, 2012 at 01:12 PM.

Default Re: Campaign balance mod v0.6

Thanks for the info wealthmonger . More updates on the way in the next few days. I'm uploading the mod in my first post..

Default Re: Campaign balance mod v0.65

I have launched my second public release of the Campaign Balance mod. It is available on steam workshop and from the download link at the top of the page. Let me know what you think

Default Re: Campaign balance mod v0.75

Version 1 of my mod is now out. You can download it here or from steam workshop.

Libertus

Default Re: ***Campaign balance mod v1.0**** now released!

Thanks man!
    Its guys that make the game alive.
    If there was not mods the total war games would be boring!