Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What did you like about the old PvP Server?

Default What did you like about the old PvP Server?

Although now there is no chance of bring back the old server, what did you community members think was good about the old server, was it the freedom of the map, was it the inspiring safe-zone with all it shops and house and apartments. Tell me in this thread. Post away!

ForteS's Avatar Need Hugz?

Default Re: What did you like about the old PvP Server?

I kinda miss the old map, I miss the bases (Solgrundir, Lathreate, etc), I miss going to the SZ, I miss the exploring opportunities, etc.
    It was a great map, but so is this.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

My old buildings lol and diamonds.

Glad to see you guys liked the server and I thank you for being the first two to reply constructively but still think more should reply, if you know anyone who would like to express there opinions please do so, anyone is welcome.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

I liked the old server, i miss MOTN castle, which was the only thinbg i ever saw on the map. I also miss motns grand forests. And my secret base in the bottom of MOTNland, where i was slowly rebuilding MOTN back to its old glory, half a minute at a time

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

MotN castle and the SafeZone. They were both glorious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cahoma View Post
    MotN castle and the SafeZone. They were both glorious.
    I never really saw much of MOTN, but safezone was glorious, I would love for the safezone to be like that now but change is only a part of development.

Everything.

Diglytron's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    The distend ruins of the once glorious Dutch Republic.

Everything. This server is just not it. Not the feeling I had with the last one. The wideness. The options. I dislike most pluggins which been made now aswell. Made me leave.
    أنا مدينة العلم وعلی بابها
    إذا تم العقل نقص الكلام

Student history with focus on the Ottman Empire, Safavid Persia and the war in Bilad Al-Sham
    Follow me on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/djehoety

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

The only thing I liked about the old server was Solgrundir.

Honestly, I find this one better in almost all regards. I did enjoy the flourishing trade of the last, and the larger SZ, but not at the price of instantaneous travel.

Solgrundir and Dahrostir I miss, but otherwise...
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Remlap's Avatar Lag Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Diglytron View Post
    Everything. This server is just not it. Not the feeling I had with the last one. The wideness. The options. I dislike most pluggins which been made now aswell. Made me leave.
    We are using all of the original plugins. . . with only one new one . . . I'm just saying that makes no sense as a reason to leave.

I like this world quite a bit more than the previous one.

King of Belka's Avatar Campidoctor

I do kinda miss the old safezone but England is doing a great job of replacing it
    Last edited by King of Belka; October 09, 2012 at 02:43 AM.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Theres nothing significant or wonderful that I can remember about the old servers. If anything, the new server needs MOAR plugins (to add more game features: items for example)
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar Aetī Avēas!
    Civitate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I missed the old server too, but the new one is better (although it would be nice if it was bigger). I especially miss the big castles and stuff like the brotherhood and the Northmen base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix
    Well then Attila just got delicious.
    Under the Patronage of Pikestance

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

The big changes have been the smaller map and lack of SZ portals.

Having such a large and diverse map on the last server was great; one could theoretically set up a base anywhere in the world and still be relatively isolated from any other faction geographically, while still remaining connected to everyone else through portals. Scaling down the map so much and removing portals has thus led to a very different experience with this server, as there are now very few places you can settle down without stepping on someone's toes, while simultaneously being more isolated from the rest of the community than you would have on the 1.2 server because of the lack of portals. Obviously, there are very good reasons for scaling down the map and removing portals, but there have been fairly significant downsides.

I don't have a fully-fleshed out solution to these issues, but having portals return in some capacity (maybe once the map expands?) would be nice, with public portals being preferred over faction portals. I'd like to see faction portals return, but only with some clear restrictions (ie, you have to have at least one public portal first, faction portal has to be within ~200-500m of an existing public portal,...).

Quote Originally Posted by Benz282 View Post
    The big changes have been the smaller map and lack of SZ portals.

Having such a large and diverse map on the last server was great; one could theoretically set up a base anywhere in the world and still be relatively isolated from any other faction geographically, while still remaining connected to everyone else through portals. Scaling down the map so much and removing portals has thus led to a very different experience with this server, as there are now very few places you can settle down without stepping on someone's toes, while simultaneously being more isolated from the rest of the community than you would have on the 1.2 server because of the lack of portals. Obviously, there are very good reasons for scaling down the map and removing portals, but there have been fairly significant downsides.

I don't have a fully-fleshed out solution to these issues, but having portals return in some capacity (maybe once the map expands?) would be nice, with public portals being preferred over faction portals. I'd like to see faction portals return, but only with some clear restrictions (ie, you have to have at least one public portal first, faction portal has to be within ~200-500m of an existing public portal,...).
    I've said this many times, but I would not mind a regional portal system being implemented, although preferably at greater distances than the NSW ones in the previous server.

Beyond that, I completely disagree. If isolation is a problem, people should be more pro-active in establishing connections, in building roads, in sponsoring trade, and, last but not least, being hospitable to visitors*. If people aren't willing to make an effort, no amount of portals will re-invigorate international activity. The lack of space has already led to some conflict, which is exactly what most of us claimed to desire.

And stepping on someone's toes is not necessarily something to be avoided.

*That is not meant at you or anyone specifically, but what I've sensed as a general failure.
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar Aetī Avēas!
    Civitate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I agree, we should have more of the pay-toll portals like ont he old map. Would make trade with oxford easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix
    Well then Attila just got delicious.
    Under the Patronage of Pikestance

I like the size of the current map and not having portals. It really doesn't take terribly long to get around. I've made several 5k+ journeys on foot since rejoining and then repeating said journeys while using the nether effectively. No need to input portals imo. Just lead to the stupid bases of Ishk. I love how people are actually fighting (or refusing to fight in recent cases) about border disputes. That said I wouldn't be opposed to map increase should the server overlords deem it. I didn't like the old map size. I think one of the problems with the current server and its size is the giant factions (I am aware I'm in the biggest one). I think they are more detrimental to the server than anything else but really nothing to be done about it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast