Thread: Shooting Range

Default Shooting Range

How exactly does accuracy work? Is the Shooting Range underwhelming at best?

I usually focus on my Range units on most of my campaigns, Teppo mostly but sometimes Yumi, yet I feel the 5 attack is a much better choice(or even the armour). I just don't feel as if...

5 attack for everyone = 5 accuracy just for ranged units.

In S2TW any melee/armour bonus can completely change an encounter. Common soldiers become even more of a threat. In Sekigahara(unlike vanilla) Ashigaru will be the bulk of the army so it really shows. However, I don't see the 5 accuracy making that much of an impact when compared to the other bonuses.

1) Have your ENTIRE army great in close encounters or...

2)Make your archers/gunners able to kill another 1-2 people in a volley? Which(unlike melee/armour) doesn't make your common soldiers that much better.

Again not sure how accuracy works but I haven't noticed a worthy enough impact to get me to choose the Shooting Range again.

Suggestions: 1) Increase the bonus to about 10 accuracy

or

2) Add a reload rate bonus(5%?) with the 5 accuracy bonus.

Currently I feel the current bonus doesn't do enough to make a difference for the ashigaru soldiers or even matter for the more elite ones. Again, when you compare the benefits of the other bonuses.

I think option 2 would be better than 1. I would think advanced training would help a unit shoot faster with better precision.
    Last edited by Akumu; October 04, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Shooting Range

If it isn't appealing to you, then there's definitely a problem. Thanks for highlighting this .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Default Re: Shooting Range

Shooting Range would logically give ideal training ground for new troops, being able to become more familiar with their weapon before battle, so why not something like this:
    10 to 15 accuracy for new ranged units recruited in the province
    +5 reload
    -10% cost of recruiting matchlock units in the province. (Easier setup of logistics with predetermined training areas) - This could be applied to the each type of the training area. Katana / Yari / Cavalry / Bow.
    Last edited by W4lt3r; October 07, 2012 at 03:06 AM.