Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion Thread

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: NBA 2012-13 Season

My team is going to the playoffs jukeness, when was the last time yours was there? All I need to say, will wait for a few weeks once more games have been played to comeback to this thread. Saying stupid **** like "OHHHH Pacers SUCK!!!" three games into an 82 game season is ridiculous so keep up your hopes and dreams of my team's failure. #Haters!

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

I'll be sure to keep my eye on it.

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

One-eyed supporters are so much fun. I know my team is in a re-building stage, so i don't expect too much from my team. I don't think they will be terrible, but they won't make the playoffs.

Well, the Wolves sucked at just about everything, and everything went right for Toronto. Every time the Wolves play the in Raptors, they always hit all their god damn shots, it just angers me that the Wolves played that bad, they'll lose to every team in the league playing like that.

Today has just been a day of tremendous anger and frusturation, both pro teams play like ing retards, thank god it's over. The anger has honestly worn me out today.

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

Yeah its Sacramento though. I hoping laker's just win a damn game.

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Damian Lillard is the real deal. Seamless transition to the NBA. Im exited for the Blazers so far!

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think the Clippers have a very deep team, they have Odom who looks like a reborn player after his horrible year last season, Jamal Crawford who like a 6th man like he was in ATL, Billups is gonna come back, Ronnie Turiaf who as bench player goes is not to bad, Grant Hill for the crusty vet player, Matt Barns for that crazy guy Sir Charles says every good team needs.

Also Granger is just as valuable to the Pacers as Rose/Love is to there respective teams.

Edit: Agree, Love Lillards game and Portland looks legit. Tons of scoring options, a PG who can take it to the hole and looks for the multiple guys how can score 30 a night.
    Last edited by Scipio Afracanis; November 05, 2012 at 03:41 PM.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

That's not true at all. How is Granger as important as Love? Without Love, no one can create for themselves, Love takes people out of the game by drawing fouls, puts the team on his shoulder with his leadership and clutchness, no one can make hard contested shots.

Valuable and Talented are two different things.

Love is the better player, but the Pacers with Granger are a team that can go to the ECF. Without him they can't. The Pacers have no consistent scoring other than Granger. If David West is your 2nd best option you have a problem because you won't win alot of games imo. With Love the Wolves can get to the playoffs, without him they miss the playoffs. Same thing. Both teams need there best scoring players to get far. Love does more because his team needs him to do more but Granger is needed just as much because of how there team is constructed.
    1962, 1989, 2002

I know the difference between talented and valuable. Without Love, no one can make up for what he brings to the team. It helps in Love's case since he is far superior. We're not talking like the Pacers are making a finals run, cause it's not going to happen, not even conferenc finals.
    Last edited by jukeness; November 05, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio Afracanis View Post
    Edit: Agree, Love Lillards game and Portland looks legit. Tons of scoring options, a PG who can take it to the hole and looks for the multiple guys how can score 30 a night.
    Yeah he seems to be making everybody better too. Aldridge looks better on the elbow, guys are shooting better, getting better looks. Not like the disaster last year. Plus hes setting rookie records right now.

WOW, one of the best quarters I've seen from the Wolves ever. Outscored Nets 32-10 in the 4th, needed it too. Defense first 3 quarters was beyond bad. All turned around in the 4th, Shved came in and shut down Deron, Nikola said "you cant back me down Brook", Cunningham brought offensive rebounds and energy, Kirilenko does everything. 4th quarter lineup was Shved Barea Budinger Kirilenko/Cunningham Pekovic, that's the best lineup the Wolves can put out there, contains the core of the Wolves shooters and scorers. I loved it, play them more.

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

I already posted that without Granger no one on the Pacers can create their own offense outside of the post, and David West needs to be a part of a pick and roll or some other play to hit his mid range jumper. The Spurs smoke checked the Pacers, mainly because no one can score if they double the post man. It sucks the stupid Blazers had to offer that max contract to Hibbert, he really isnt worth it. Oh well, thats it Im going to refrain from posting here in this thread for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    I already posted that without Granger no one on the Pacers can create their own offense outside of the post, and David West needs to be a part of a pick and roll or some other play to hit his mid range jumper. The Spurs smoke checked the Pacers, mainly because no one can score if they double the post man. It sucks the stupid Blazers had to offer that max contract to Hibbert, he really isnt worth it. Oh well, thats it Im going to refrain from posting here in this thread for awhile.

Granger could be out for 3 months, someone on the Pacers better pick up that slack cause that could leave them in the 6-8 playoff seeding or worse if no one becomes to the go to guy.
    1962, 1989, 2002

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Yeah that sucks for them. Still a grindy team, but their scoring is hugely hurt by that.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

crossjon's Avatar Campidoctor

...how do you blow a 14 point mid 4th lead like that?

The Magic, how do they even have 2 wins? Score is a lot more lopsided than it looks, Wolves took out starters when up by 25. Wolves interior defense has much improved, guarding without fouling and blocking shots has tremendously increased. Kirilenko is playing better than most thought including myslef, he still blocks shots, rebounds and can score. First 3-1 start since 2001, is that god or bad, lol.

Was a fan of AK's game in Utah and he was on a Euro championship team last year I think. If he stays healthy could be a great pick up. Also Clippers blow out the 4-0 Spurs. DJ has to play this way or least part of this way every night posting double doubles.
    1962, 1989, 2002

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Mike Brown just got fired by the Lakers, Mike D'Antoni the favorite to replace him. LAKERSLAND IS STILL CRAZY.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Do you remember when I criticised the Mike Brown hiring because I said he wasn't a good coach, and I got attacked by a few members here for those comments?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...wn-source-says

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews