Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Discussion Thread

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Default Re: NBA 2012-13 Season

I guess the Bulls and Taj came to an agreement at literally the last minute. Nice early morning surprise before I head off to work. Four years $38 million. A manageable contract that allows the Bulls some actual wiggle room after they part with Boozer.

"Just having Gar and Pax come in there and say, 'We want you here for a long time,' brought tears to my eyes because I said I wanted to be here for a long time," Gibson said. "I want to retire here. It was great."

It was a stunning reversal considering Gibson said before the game that he was turning down Chicago's offer and didn't expect an agreement. The sides had until 11:59 p.m. ET to reach a deal, and they worked it out just in time. Otherwise, Gibson would have become a restricted free agent after the season, meaning the Bulls would have had the right to match any offer he received.

So what changed? Paxson and Forman stressing after the game just how much they wanted to get the deal done helped. Having some time to think about it did, too.

"I told them I don't want to be a selfish player, I just want to get what's fair," Gibson said. "I looked at the numbers. It's a lot of money. I can't really turn down that much money, especially for the security. You never know what can happen through the year."
    Last edited by mrmouth; November 01, 2012 at 04:38 AM.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

King Nud's Avatar Praepositus

Fantastic news to hear. A player truly deserving of his contract and clearly he loves the team as he's allowed them as you put it some wiggle room regarding future acquisitions.

I was never in favor of giving him any more than $10m per year, this is a pretty nice deal for both sides.
    Staff Writer at KingJamesGospel.com

mrmouth's Avatar flaxen haired argonaut

Im hearing the original number was $32/4, so they came up quite a bit to get it done. I mean he's got to be your starter for that money. So he has a little bit of growing to do. But that is a hellacious frontcourt that will outwork/outhustle any tandem or trio in the league.

The $32 million was fair, though. He is 27. But some other GM would have went over $40 million for him.
    Last edited by mrmouth; November 01, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
    The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity

$32m is fair, but I've no issues with them paying $38m for four years..

Lol, Pacers...

I need to know the name of every single "expert" who predicted the Pacers to win the central this year

@Naptownknight

jukeness's Avatar Domesticus

Sweet win for the Wolves. Really fun to see all the new acquisitions, Roy could have done better, AK did good, Stiemsma blocked 4 shots and played good defense, Budinger really missed a lot of open shots, he'll fix that though. Defense is immensly better this year, will only get better when the elite defender Rubio comes back. Wolves blew a 20 point lead in the 2nd and were down by 5 at one point, but started playing D and made some shots. Speaking of shots, the Wolves missed a lot of easy ones, shot 36% and 11% on threes, cant let that keep happening.

LOLPACERS LOLHEAT LOLCELTICS

Two words.

Da Bulls.

Two words:

WE DA BESSSSSSS

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Clip take care of Lakers and send them to 0-3 to start the season. Jamal Crawford looks like a decent pick up.............

Edit: Harden and Lin eat up a decent ATL team. Career high points for Harden, looking legit.

This one had me , "The Houston Rush Hour!"
    Last edited by Scipio Afracanis; November 03, 2012 at 02:07 AM.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

I don't even know where to begin from last night. So many fantastic lines jumped out at me from the box scores.

Harden going HAM 45pts off 14-19 shooting. Ludicrous. Omer Asik (WHY WHY WHY) grabbing NINETEEN rebounds (NINE!!!!! offensive rebounds). That's like a hoover.

What else. Oh yeah, the Knicks raining down hellfire on the Heat from behind the arc. The Celtics losing by a ton on their home court. The Lakers going 0-3. THE FREAKIN' BOBCATS WON A GAME. Magic looking better than a few handy teams.

#seasonwithoutreason

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

The road to the Finals........Bobcats 2012-2013.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Two numbers: 82. Thats how many games there are, overreact much anyone?

If the playoffs started today.........
    1962, 1989, 2002

Took 2 OT's for the Pacers to beat the Kings and score 100 points, LOL.

Seeing that one of there best players in Granger is out I think it understandable. When loses mount for other teams missing there star player(Bulls-Rose, Wolves-Love ect.... I think maybe some here will change there tune abit)
    1962, 1989, 2002

Quote Originally Posted by jukeness View Post
    Took 2 OT's for the Pacers to beat the Kings and score 100 points, LOL.
    LOL? That score is amazing, you guys dont know bball at all....

The Pacers held the Kings under 100 points, with TWO overtimes. Why don't you go check out the recap if you didnt watch it and read about the amazing D they played. I mean seriously....

And the Kings are a good offensive team. Granger is also out. Go play hockey or something wannabe Canadian, leave basketball to the folks who know what they are seeing.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400277748

Theres a link for you, so read about the game or watch it, dont look at scores only, even though any sensible bball fan would be like "Whoah, 2 OTs and they didn't allow 100?".

How many teams in the country can have so many successful players from their home state? Only in Indiana, the homeland of basketball.

Dude. It's the Kings. They start AARON BROOKS. How you didn't score 100 points until the end of 2OTs is beyond me.

See Danny Granger. Where was he at again? The Pacers have never been about scoring, just hard nosed defense and low post play. Granger is one of the only Pacers who can create his own shot, thats why it's so important for George to emerge offensively. Plus this bball, not football. There is a reason most people (smart people) stay away from basketball betting. Horrible teams can beat great ones any night, and it happens more often than it would in football. You suprise me some Nud, I know you know the game, but I can also see those (Derrick) Rose tinted glasses on your head too.

Can't use the "Danny Granger is out" excuse for much longer.

Derrick rose is out and Derrick Rose > Danny Granger

Wolves beat the Kings by 12 without Love or Rubio, and Love is twice the player Granger is, and Rubio is just as important to the team. You say stupid in this thread and the NFL thread all the time, when do I? The fact is that the Pacers needed 2 OT's to score 100 points against an awful defense, dont get too high of hopes for your 22nd in the league attendance team like they were last year, your team is going nowhere.