Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031

Thread: NBA Discussion Thread

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: NBA Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    I'm probably bias, like all the news outlets say its a good trade, but I just like Reggie's play a lot.
    I'm a fan of Jackson. I mean I can see why they did it, in my opinion at least. Who needs a backup point guard of that quality when you've got the stamina of Russell Westbrook. But I mean the kid (or man who's 3 years older than me) was a steal at 24th pick and judging by last years performances I would have said he was a contender for Sixth Man of the Year. Plus I think he has great potential. He's an example of how a good set up and good development can sometimes trump high draft picks. Like I said, I can see why you'd trade him but to get DJ Augustin, who's performed worse this season than last, and Kyle Singler, who I think is essentially a trick shooter and not much more, is a step backwards in my opinion. I'm no expert though so maybe I'm not seeing something that's obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
    One more win and it will be impossible for them to reach 70 losses this season.
    What do you know, dreams really do come through
    Last edited by ccllnply; March 07, 2015 at 07:41 AM.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Yeah I agree with pretty much what you said. Plus I loved it last season when they played small with Westbrook, Reggie, Fisher, KD on the floor.

But like you said was probably designed to sure up weaknesses, and all the news outlets are praising it so here's hoping it works.

I know its not NBA, but my home team the NZ Breakers (of the ANBL), just swept the playoffs and took their 4th championship in 5 seasons today.

Was an excellent game going right down to the wire, score even, with 1.2 on the clock, inbound Breakers ball at the half court (after a timeout), our center (yes center lol) swept round a pick, collected the inbound pass just inside the 3 point arc, spun while elevating putting up a rainbow shot... Time expired with the ball in the air... Swish...

Crowd went nuts, and the dude got mugged by everyone lol.

I just got home from it, still amped up over the win.

Yeah I agree with pretty much what you said. Plus I loved it last season when they played small with Westbrook, Reggie, Fisher, KD on the floor.

But like you said was probably designed to sure up weaknesses, and all the news outlets are praising it so here's hoping it works.
    That's most likely the reasoning behind it. I'm more of philosophy of creating more strengths than covering up weaknesses. That doesn't really seem to work in the NBA though.

I know its not NBA, but my home team the NZ Breakers (of the ANBL), just swept the playoffs and took their 4th championship in 5 seasons today.

Was an excellent game going right down to the wire, score even, with 1.2 on the clock, inbound Breakers ball at the half court (after a timeout), our center (yes center lol) swept round a pick, collected the inbound pass just inside the 3 point arc, spun while elevating putting up a rainbow shot... Time expired with the ball in the air... Swish...

Crowd went nuts, and the dude got mugged by everyone lol.

I just got home from it, still amped up over the win.
    Excellent stuff, mate. Any chance of a link on Youtube? The NBA has some great game endings but I find that non-NBA games tend to have the best.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketb...rth-anbl-title

There's a video there, I was there and man the way the crowd erupted was insane.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketb...rth-anbl-title

There's a video there, I was there and man the way the crowd erupted was insane.
    It was on Sky Sports? Jesus, the Irish Cup finals aren't even in English :/

Ricky Rubio is having a rough time lately.

Yeah Sky sports covers the games down here, I don't know if it gets back up to England or whatever or if its just Sky Australia.

Yeah Sky sports covers the games down here, I don't know if it gets back up to England or whatever or if its just Sky Australia.
    No it's not up here. Sky Sports only show the occasional British Basketball League game up here but you can get them for free on Eurosport so there's not much point.

Do Sky show semi-finals or any lower games as well?

Yeah as far as I know Sky covers all the regular season and of course playoffs. Its not like NBA though, the season is only 28 games long. Playoff's is a maximum of 6.

Well for some. In Ireland we used to get the Irish Cup semis and final on TV and before that when basketball was really big I think there might have been much more. This year the only way to watch the semi-finals was through a stream from a guy who has a Twitter basketball fan page. He was recording it on his phone and either the streaming service or the local internet was poor so you basically got a bit of audio and no video.

The final was on TV but it was on the Irish speaking channel and the vast majority of fluent Irish speakers don't like basketball. Plus it was a terrible game, Irish basketball needs all the help it can get.

Grr how useless can Gun Shot Wounds be damnit.

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

RIP Daryl Dawkins.

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

What can defenders do about Curry?

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Watch and wonder. He might be the best player in the history of the game.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

LEBRON. And Kyrie Irving.

Cleveland Cavaliers NBA champions!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm really happy for Cleveland, they deserve the title. Curry and the Warriors were on another level in the regular season but they didn't show their best in the playoffs.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Kyrie is incredible, I love the dribbling skill and those sharp crossovers. He played very well last night, especially that clutch 3 pointer at the end.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!